+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mega Thread - 2020/2021 Online Applications

tonykaram123

Star Member
Feb 7, 2016
Applied online Jan 30, 2021. No AOR yet.
Submitted two webforms, got a reply that they can't locate my application yet.
Called them, the agent said they didn't start processing January applications yet. I pointed out the website says applications from Feb are receiving AORs now, she answered not all applications from jan/feb would receive an AOR.
It's a big mess. But hopefully, the switch from paper to online reduces processing times for citizenship applications as it did for PR

Reactions: Max00

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018
I have applied online in February and still waiting for AOR. I have requested ATIP documents on the online app and backlog. I should have received it back in April, but they requested an extension and I should receive them in June. I will be sharing the documents once I have them.

svk1520

Dec 25, 2017
I have applied online in February and still waiting for AOR. I have requested ATIP documents on the online app and backlog. I should have received it back in April, but they requested an extension and I should receive them in June. I will be sharing the documents once I have them.
Great initiative, please share the information once you receive.

cococly

Aug 3, 2015
Category........
PNP
Doc's Request.
28-FEB-2017
Nomination.....
07-DEC-2016
AOR Received.
18-JAN-2017
Med's Done....
24-DEC-2016
Passport Req..
06-JUN-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-JUN-2017
LANDED..........
00-JUL-2017
If the online citizenship application is being processed slowly, may I ask , has anyone got AOR for their Online Citizenship Application? If so, when did you apply online? Dec 2020?

Alyssa123

Dec 26, 2017
Did anyone else notice- when I went to have the digital photo taken the requirements stated that the minimum size is 420x540. Now it’s stating that’s the maximum size.... I printed out the first instructions when taking to the photographer and screenshot the current... yes they are saying the opposite so don’t know what to do now. Any thoughts?

Goldenita

Jun 29, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My spouse applied online in 3rd week of April. Looking at the trend we are planning to do a paper application instead, with the same receipt used for online application. Can it have any negative impact? We were thinking the first one to get picked will be processed while the next one may be returned due to lack fee payment. These agonizing wait times to even get an AOR is really sad.
I am thinking of the same thing, was wondering if someone from Jan / Feb who applied online have already gone the paper route. It is worrisome that the IRCC website still says Online applications are randomly selected

funloving

Jun 19, 2010
Category........
PNP
Passport Req..
08-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
LANDED..........
06-03-2014
Most important thing is they are saying that its not possible to apply without direct invitation to apply? How and to whom will they send this invite? Its very confusing.

IRCC

@CitImmCanada

·
4h

Replying to
@viddukrish
Note: it’s not possible to apply for citizenship online without a direct invitation at the moment. Thanks.

Truth Prevails

@prevail30

·
1h

How are direct invitations being sent? & then why is URL open to all if they are not eligible?

Goldenita

Jun 29, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does anyone have a screen shot of how the link to apply online supposedly looks like Directly from the IRCC website

Reactions: Max00