+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical test for pregnant applicant

jaysal

Apr 9, 2018
I was thinking that when others say that IRCC continue to do other stuff that means remaining steps can complete and only medical is pending and once that is cleared, you get your PR. May be if someone who has already been through this can elaborate.

hhrb

Star Member
Jan 31, 2019
Hello,

We are PR 3 inland applicants. We're now at the medical exam level which we already did earlier this week. However, my wife is pregnant, so we had to defer the x-ray part after the due date. I understand that our entire app will be put on old until my wife does the x ray part, but my question is: if all went well with the medical we did, should we be expecting to pass the exam now or it'll not the case?

Thanks

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hello,

We are PR 3 inland applicants. We're now at the medical exam level which we already did earlier this week. However, my wife is pregnant, so we had to defer the x-ray part after the due date. I understand that our entire app will be put on old until my wife does the x ray part, but my question is: if all went well with the medical we did, should we be expecting to pass the exam now or it'll not the case?

Thanks
They won't mark her medical pass until all tests have been completed and looked at.

Reactions: hhrb

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I understand that our entire app will be put on old until my wife does the x ray part
From where do you 'understand' this?

There is much they can do in parallel to the medical - so it's possible it won't be put 'on hold' (in the sense of outright delayed) until it becomes a critical point, like one of the only things remaining. But no-one except IRCC internal could tell you that (and no, they probably won't).

hhrb

Star Member
Jan 31, 2019
From where do you 'understand' this?

There is much they can do in parallel to the medical - so it's possible it won't be put 'on hold' (in the sense of outright delayed) until it becomes a critical point, like one of the only things remaining. But no-one except IRCC internal could tell you that (and no, they probably won't).
I mean I understand that we won't get PR before my wife does the x ray. So they might still be working on it, but we won't see the PR cards now ( I think so).

Rabix

Jan 18, 2022
Hello, I have been requested to complete my medical last week for me and my family.
We have completed all medical requirement except chest X-Ray for my wife as she is pregnant and was not recommended by her Dr. to complete.

We currently live in Abu Dhabi and have done the medical in Abu Dhabi.

Question: As we plan to deliver in another country after 3 months, can we also complete my wife X-Ray in a different country?

Thank you!

Rabix

Jan 18, 2022
Urgent inquiry:

I am the Principal Applicant. My spouse was pregnant when she went for medicals, so her chest x-ray was deferred until after delivery of the baby. She did the medicals in country A but moved to country B to have the baby. We visited a Panel Physician in country B to complete the x-ray but he said he cannot add the x-ray to the existing file, because the case is locked. And he cannot do a new complete medical for my spouse because her existing e-Medical case is not expired. We cannot go back to country A because it's 13,000 km away, and we need visas. We contacted our original Panel Physician in country A to help, but she said her hands are tied.

I need suggestions here, on how to go about resolving this.
Hello,
I have the same issue at the moment, and I would appreciate if you help us to know how did manage this issue and if it is solved?
Thanks

Celine21

Feb 26, 2022
Hi
I have my medical in a few weeks.
Do I have the choice to defer or go ahead with the chest X-ray if pregnant? Or does the panel physician decide that for me?
My gynecologist has given a go ahead for X-ray, do I get to take the decision or the panel physician?
Thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hi
I have my medical in a few weeks.
Do I have the choice to defer or go ahead with the chest X-ray if pregnant? Or does the panel physician decide that for me?
My gynecologist has given a go ahead for X-ray, do I get to take the decision or the panel physician?
Thanks
1/ It is your and your Doctor's decision. The Panel physician doesn't make the decision.

Reactions: YVR123

asadkhan_2

Star Member
Jan 23, 2021
Hi
I have a question my wife had the medical last year from Pakistan for work permit and she came to canada in March 2021. IRCC asked for medicals again for my wife and kids my wife is pregnant she can not complete her medicals now So I have a question

only her file will be put on hold or whole process as I am the primary applicant. Also the public exemption policy is valid until 31 March 2022 and they are in canada so can I request IRCC to consider the same medicals which they had one year before.

Anyone faced the similar situation please guide will be very thankful to you.

Thanks

Rabix

Jan 18, 2022
Hello,
I am the principal applicant; I, wife and child completed medical on Jan-22 except wife chest x-ray. Wife completed the chest x-ray in March-22 along with newborn child.
What would the medical validity date for all of us? Is it Mar-23 for all of us? Or it will be me and first child on Jan-23 and wife and newborn child on Mar-23?

Many thanks for those who can support on this!

hhrb

Star Member
Jan 31, 2019
Hi
I have a question my wife had the medical last year from Pakistan for work permit and she came to canada in March 2021. IRCC asked for medicals again for my wife and kids my wife is pregnant she can not complete her medicals now So I have a question

only her file will be put on hold or whole process as I am the primary applicant. Also the public exemption policy is valid until 31 March 2022 and they are in canada so can I request IRCC to consider the same medicals which they had one year before.

Anyone faced the similar situation please guide will be very thankful to you.

Thanks
Hi,

I have the same situation (but I'm not exempt). We did our medicals last November (2021) but my wife had to postpone the x-rays since she was pregnant. And all our applications (we are 3) were put on hold.

Reactions: YVR123

hhrb

Star Member
Jan 31, 2019
Hi everyone,

I was checking my GC account and found out that for the medical exam, the statement "we did not receive your medical results" to
"We have requested a medical exam. Check your messages below for details." (my wife has completed the x-ray part on March 10th).

Anyone knows what this means? is it like they're looking at the medical results? Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Saranyavasi

Feb 17, 2021
Hey there, sorry for the late response. We submitted the application without doing xray and we have also submitted the pregnancy deferral letter which we have received from the hospital. Our medical results where displayed as passed and then we got a letter from CIC saying that they put our application on hold as we were expecting a baby. They gave 1 month more from the Estimated delivery date for us to submit the passport, medical and birth certificate for my newborn born baby. We did it and submitted it. Even though they didn't ask for my wife's xray, we took that too before submitting as we didn't want to take that chance In the next 5 days we got COPR and now we have submitted our passports to VFS office for stamping
Hi,

I am also in a similar situation now. Received my ITA in 2021 and gave medicals on August 2021, except for x-ray. Now i gave birth and have raised a webform informing the same. IRCC did respond requesting for passport, birth certificate etc., for which i have submitted, but they did not ask for my medicals nor my baby's. I have raised another form requesting if i can complete medicals for myself and baby.

1.Should i wait for IRCC to respond to my webform or else proceed with the medicals of myself and my baby?
2. COPR validity- I believe there is a time period of one year from your medical date to enter Canada. The first medical that i took was in August 2021 and if i go for medicals (i.e for x-ray) now, it will be April 2022. Thus, my medical date would remain the first medical date (August 2021) or be updated to the second medical date (April 2022)?
3. If my medical validity date would remain the first medical date (i.e. August 2021), would it be advisable to retake the entire medical test again since i will will have only less than 3-4 months to enter Canada if i received the COPR.

Appreciate your valuable advise on this. Please help. Thanks in advance!

Luckbychance

Star Member
Sep 29, 2019
Hi,

I am also in a similar situation now. Received my ITA in 2021 and gave medicals on August 2021, except for x-ray. Now i gave birth and have raised a webform informing the same. IRCC did respond requesting for passport, birth certificate etc., for which i have submitted, but they did not ask for my medicals nor my baby's. I have raised another form requesting if i can complete medicals for myself and baby.

1.Should i wait for IRCC to respond to my webform or else proceed with the medicals of myself and my baby?
2. COPR validity- I believe there is a time period of one year from your medical date to enter Canada. The first medical that i took was in August 2021 and if i go for medicals (i.e for x-ray) now, it will be April 2022. Thus, my medical date would remain the first medical date (August 2021) or be updated to the second medical date (April 2022)?
3. If my medical validity date would remain the first medical date (i.e. August 2021), would it be advisable to retake the entire medical test again since i will will have only less than 3-4 months to enter Canada if i received the COPR.

Appreciate your valuable advise on this. Please help. Thanks in advance!
Hi can you update on your case. I am in a similar situation