+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical test for pregnant applicant

sandip9334

Apr 1, 2019
Hi,

My wife is currently 7 months pregnant. We got our remedicals request 2 weeks back. We were done with medicals and kept x-ray on hold which we need to submit after delivery. My concern is, status in cic still showing as “Your action is required”. I was given 30 days validity to submit my remedicals. What am i supposed to do. Will the status change or remain same till we submit x-ray or do i need to raise a webform.. pls guide me
Hi Raj,

For the safer side, I think you have to inform them through the web form.

Raj I have one question
When you came to know that your wife is pregnant. immediately you informed CIC through the web form or you just wait for a remedial request?

Because I came to about my wife's pregnancy in the last week and I am waiting for a medical request, so what I have to do? should I inform CIC through the web form or wait till I receive MR?

Thanks in advanced

Raj R

May 16, 2020
Hi Raj,

Raj I have one question
When you came to know that your wife is pregnant. immediately you informed CIC through the web form or you just wait for a remedial request?

Because I came to about my wife's pregnancy in the last week and I am waiting for a medical request, so what I have to do? should I inform CIC through the web form or wait till I receive MR?

Thanks in advanced
Hi Raj,

Raj I have one question

Thanks in advanced
Hi,
Firstly congratulations for the good news!!
actually we got copr last year. But we couldn't travel due to covid restrictions and our visa got expired and entire file went on hold. Unexpectedly we got remedicals request for visa extension when she is 7months pregnant. In my case i dint intimate it prior. As per my consultancy suggestion also, if you expect your baby to be delivered in canada, then no need of intimating them. But better we should raise the webform. I am also planning to raise one with deferral letter i got.

Raj R

May 16, 2020
Hi,
Firstly congratulations for the good news!!
actually we got copr last year. But we couldn't travel due to covid restrictions and our visa got expired and entire file went on hold. Unexpectedly we got remedicals request for visa extension when she is 7months pregnant. In my case i dint intimate it prior. As per my consultancy suggestion also, if you expect your baby to be delivered in canada, then no need of intimating them. But better we should raise the webform. I am also planning to raise one with deferral letter i got.
Wait for the remedicals request and them raise the webform.. anyway physician panel will intimate the same in our file

frenchsome

Jun 24, 2021
Urgent:Got a mail from IRCC asking to submit by remedicals by 30days.Between I am pregnant near my due date and may hit the hospital bed anytime.They have mentioned that I should inform the visa office if I am unable to do the remedicals.Two months back I have already raised a webform stating my pregnancy and IRCC responded asking me to submit my birth certificate and contact them once the newborn has arrived.What am I to do now.Confused

frenchsome

Jun 24, 2021
Thanks for the updates.I have another quick question.If the primary applicant medicals is deferred due to x-ray part.Will the secondary applicants medicals be processed and updated.What will be the date of medicals for the primary applicant.The date after she does her x-ray part also??

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for the updates.I have another quick question.If the primary applicant medicals is deferred due to x-ray part.Will the secondary applicants medicals be processed and updated.What will be the date of medicals for the primary applicant.The date after she does her x-ray part also??
Yes the secondary applicant medical will be processed. Dates of medical will be when x-rays and any other further medical tests are completed.

frenchsome

Jun 24, 2021
urgent: situation has changed now.IRCC has sent me a remedical mail and asked me and my spouse to complete medicals before 30days.Meanwhile I was pregnant and ran into labour and delivered my first kid yesterday.currently I am unable to do medicals.what shall I do.. have time only til November 13th.should I inform regarding newborn and ask for more time to do medicals

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
urgent: situation has changed now.IRCC has sent me a remedical mail and asked me and my spouse to complete medicals before 30days.Meanwhile I was pregnant and ran into labour and delivered my first kid yesterday.currently I am unable to do medicals.what shall I do.. have time only til November 13th.should I inform regarding newborn and ask for more time to do medicals
Can you get an appointment by November 13?

frenchsome

Jun 24, 2021
Quite difficult...still in hospital... And need to book appointment beforehand..so that results are updated by 13nov

jaysal

Apr 9, 2018
Hello all,
I have applied for spousal PR sponsorship inland. And we got medical request and went for that yesterday but because my wife is pregnant, we will be delaying the X-Ray. I am reading through the comments and if I understood it correctly, it seems that other immigration related tasks will be continued but PR will only be granted when we submit the X-Ray and everything is fine. My question is does IRCC marks other tasks as cleared(done) for example background check and Approved in Principle etc.?
I need this information because I have read in some other blogs that if we complete Approved in Principle stage, spouse will become eligible for OHIP(Let me know if this is not true).
Thanks!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello all,
I have applied for spousal PR sponsorship inland. And we got medical request and went for that yesterday but because my wife is pregnant, we will be delaying the X-Ray. I am reading through the comments and if I understood it correctly, it seems that other immigration related tasks will be continued but PR will only be granted when we submit the X-Ray and everything is fine. My question is does IRCC marks other tasks as cleared(done) for example background check and Approved in Principle etc.?
I need this information because I have read in some other blogs that if we complete Approved in Principle stage, spouse will become eligible for OHIP(Let me know if this is not true).
Thanks!
I believe she needs to also get the approved OWP and be working in order to qualify for OHIP.

Reactions: jaysal and YVR123

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hello all,
Thanks!
I haven't seen any case that get AIP before their medical is passed. They cannot mark medical done until all is done.

For OHIP, I will let memebers from Ontario to answer it.

Reactions: jaysal