+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical test for pregnant applicant

Mykematt

Star Member
Dec 6, 2020
Typically nobody should be able to get COPR/PR visa, without completing an x-ray. This is fundamental part of medical exam so to not do x-ray, would mean she did not complete medical exam.
I have not heard of cases of people having apps approved without doing x-rays, but if there are some they should be considered unique situations not applicable to you. X-ray is the only way to detect serious health matters like TB.

If she doesn't want to do x-ray, then expect the entire app will go on hold until baby is born, she can complete x-ray, and you can add baby to PR app as a dependent.

Alternatively she can decide to do the chest x-ray while pregnant, as the radiation exposure if not more than a pregnant woman would experience on a long flight. But this entirely up to the applicant and doctor.
Thanks for your response. I am in a similar situation. If she does go ahead with the x-ray, would visa be issued regardless of whether baby is born? That is, can she deliver in Canada?

GhRR

Dec 9, 2020
Good Morning,
Three weeks ago we received the ITA. Yesterday, my spouse and I visited a panel physician (I live in Canada) for CIC medical exam. However, he puts my spouse's X-ray on hold because of pregnancy. Also, he gave us a deferral letter for submitting to the IRCC website. As my spouse newly being pregnant, we are going to do the X-ray in the next three months.
According to the point that I am the principal applicant, does IRCC start reviewing our applications during these three months or our applications would be completely on hold? If they start the process and we do the X-ray in the next three months, would they finish the permanent residency application in the regular six months?
I appreciate it if anybody can help me.
Thanks in advance,

GhRR

Dec 9, 2020
Good Morning,
Three weeks ago we received the ITA. Yesterday, my spouse and I visited a panel physician (I live in Canada) for CIC medical exam. However, he puts my spouse's X-ray on hold because of pregnancy. Also, he gave us a deferral letter for submitting to the IRCC website. As my spouse newly being pregnant, we are going to do the X-ray in the next three months.
According to the point that I am the principal applicant, does IRCC start reviewing our applications during these three months or our applications would be completely on hold? If they start the process and we do the X-ray in the next three months, would they finish the permanent residency application in the regular six months?
Thanks in advance,
@canuck78 could you please advise?

Nov 18, 2020
Hey there, sorry for the late response. We submitted the application without doing xray and we have also submitted the pregnancy deferral letter which we have received from the hospital. Our medical results where displayed as passed and then we got a letter from CIC saying that they put our application on hold as we were expecting a baby. They gave 1 month more from the Estimated delivery date for us to submit the passport, medical and birth certificate for my newborn born baby. We did it and submitted it. Even though they didn't ask for my wife's xray, we took that too before submitting as we didn't want to take that chance In the next 5 days we got COPR and now we have submitted our passports to VFS office for stamping
Hi Tom,
We read this particular post of yours and found that our cases are similar. We are on the verge of submitting our application, can you please let us know after how many days did you get a letter from CIC that your application is on hold. Post that were you able to submit the details of your baby on the CIC website itself?

Nov 19, 2020
Hi, it's a similar situation for me.
1) is deferred letter IMM 5733E ?
2) what is attach image means? photo of a pregnant lady?
3) is this to be signed by a radiologist or any gynochologist?

Thanks

snasir123

Star Member
Feb 6, 2017
Hey there, sorry for the late response. We submitted the application without doing xray and we have also submitted the pregnancy deferral letter which we have received from the hospital. Our medical results where displayed as passed and then we got a letter from CIC saying that they put our application on hold as we were expecting a baby. They gave 1 month more from the Estimated delivery date for us to submit the passport, medical and birth certificate for my newborn born baby. We did it and submitted it. Even though they didn't ask for my wife's xray, we took that too before submitting as we didn't want to take that chance In the next 5 days we got COPR and now we have submitted our passports to VFS office for stamping
Hello just read your thread. When should we tell IRCC about the our expected child ? We are waiting for the medical and if medical came within a week or so how should we proceed ? Do we need to tell right away or should we wait for the delivery ? Thanks

sandip9334

Apr 1, 2019
Hello everyone,

I am a paper-based applicant. I am waiting for a medical request for the last year and just came to know that my wife is pregnant.
My questions are..

1. Should I have to inform IRCC through the web form about this?
2. Or I have to wait until I will receive a medical request? and then the panel of physicians will inform CIC through a pregnancy deferral letter?

Thanks in advance

Raj R

May 16, 2020
Hi,

My wife is currently 7 months pregnant. We got our remedicals request 2 weeks back. We were done with medicals and kept x-ray on hold which we need to submit after delivery. My concern is, status in cic still showing as “Your action is required”. I was given 30 days validity to submit my remedicals. What am i supposed to do. Will the status change or remain same till we submit x-ray or do i need to raise a webform.. pls guide me

Farmir

Jun 6, 2020
I'm in the same boat, me being primary & expecting a baby.. need to go for Medical. Current SLA for Confirmation of PR is 6months after I submit all docs for PR.My Question is - If I submit all docs (lets say by July 1st) and submit Xray on December, will IRCC not even review the case until Xray is received ? or will they review the rest of the documents and the only pending thing will be Xray/medical ineligibility validation.
I'm trying to understand what does the "on hold" means and will it defer my entire processing just because of the Xray.
Hi, I am in your situation now. My wife is pregnant and we have to wait 6 months until she gives birth and then we can do the x ray for her. We live in Canada though. Your application was reviewed while your app was on hold, or they just started processing your app after you did the xray? Thanks

Farmir

Jun 6, 2020
I was in the same boat as you until last week (doubting if X-ray is safe and weights up the benefits of getting it done instead of delaying). I went through several doctors in three different countries and the recommendations I got were that 1. Its safe to do the X-ray if you’re past first trimester (but try to leave the X-ray to the last minute to give your baby as much time to grow as possible) 2. Lung X-ray means they take one photo and it’s taken from behind. They also cover your belly with a metal shield to protect the baby from any radiation. Several doctors said to me the radiation you get from lung X-ray equals with the radiation you get from l 2 hours on an airplane.
The choice is yours of course.
Hi, we are really facing stress now bcz of the same situation. What did you do finally? Did you do the x ray while you were pregnant or you delayed the process? Also, we reside in Canada now, if this affects anything. Thanks for your reply.

Farmir

Jun 6, 2020
I'm in the same boat, me being primary & expecting a baby.. need to go for Medical. Current SLA for Confirmation of PR is 6months after I submit all docs for PR.My Question is - If I submit all docs (lets say by July 1st) and submit Xray on December, will IRCC not even review the case until Xray is received ? or will they review the rest of the documents and the only pending thing will be Xray/medical ineligibility validation.
I'm trying to understand what does the "on hold" means and will it defer my entire processing just because of the Xray.
Hi, what happened to your case? They held the entire case or reviewed your app while you were waiting for xray? Thanks

Farmir

Jun 6, 2020
H
Good Morning,
Thanks in advance,
Hi, I am exactly in your situation. What happened to your case then? Did they hold your app entirely, or they reviewed your app from very first day regardless your spouse's x ray? Thanks.