+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical test for pregnant applicant

TomsA

Jan 16, 2018
Hello,

We recently got ITA and we just went for medical test today. My wife is pregnant and she's the primary applicant. We have done all the tests expect X-ray for my wife which our Gynecologist recommended us not to do it. However, the panel physician said, we need to do X-Ray for my wife as well and we will not get the VISA without that. We got, Information sheets from them along with a pregnancy deferral letter stating her to do her X-ray ASAP to resume the process which is currently on hold.

As per the CIC website "The panel physician will do a complete medical exam. They may refer you for chest x-rays and laboratory tests. Once your exam is done, the physician will send us the results." They have said, that the X-Ray is not compulsory and I've heard about many cases where which the pregnant applicants got their VISA without chest X-Ray. Unfortunately, our panel physician is not even submitting her EMEDICAL report without her X-Ray. Is there anything we can do?

Can I consult another panel physician for my wife to see if it's possible process without chest X-Ray.

Will Canada IRCC pause the visa application only because of pregnancy of the primary applicant?

Any help is really appreciated.

Regards,
Toms

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Typically nobody should be able to get COPR/PR visa, without completing an x-ray. This is fundamental part of medical exam so to not do x-ray, would mean she did not complete medical exam.
I have not heard of cases of people having apps approved without doing x-rays, but if there are some they should be considered unique situations not applicable to you. X-ray is the only way to detect serious health matters like TB.

If she doesn't want to do x-ray, then expect the entire app will go on hold until baby is born, she can complete x-ray, and you can add baby to PR app as a dependent.

Alternatively she can decide to do the chest x-ray while pregnant, as the radiation exposure if not more than a pregnant woman would experience on a long flight. But this entirely up to the applicant and doctor.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello,

We recently got ITA and we just went for medical test today. My wife is pregnant and she's the primary applicant. We have done all the tests expect X-ray for my wife which our Gynecologist recommended us not to do it. However, the panel physician said, we need to do X-Ray for my wife as well and we will not get the VISA without that. We got, Information sheets from them along with a pregnancy deferral letter stating her to do her X-ray ASAP to resume the process which is currently on hold.

As per the CIC website "The panel physician will do a complete medical exam. They may refer you for chest x-rays and laboratory tests. Once your exam is done, the physician will send us the results." They have said, that the X-Ray is not compulsory and I've heard about many cases where which the pregnant applicants got their VISA without chest X-Ray. Unfortunately, our panel physician is not even submitting her EMEDICAL report without her X-Ray. Is there anything we can do?

Can I consult another panel physician for my wife to see if it's possible process without chest X-Ray.

Will Canada IRCC pause the visa application only because of pregnancy of the primary applicant?

Any help is really appreciated.

Regards,
Toms
Hi

The x-ray is compulsory for all applicants. Pregnant women are not exempted; they can simply get an extension on completing it until after the birth. The app will not be completed until after that. There is no point in going to another Panel Physician.

The office should submit the medical as it is now to IRCC, along with the pregnancy deferral letter.

Ese2014

Mar 11, 2018
Calgary
App. Filed.......
20-07-2018
AOR Received.
20-07-2018
IELTS Request
24-03-2018
Med's Done....
13-07-2018
Wow. Congratulations

bricksonly

Mar 18, 2018
The fact is that, if you got pregnant, you need to report to IRCC and most likely you will receive a postpone notice of your case asking you to wait until your baby's birth then add his/her info in your application

Reactions: faranshakeel

TomsA

Jan 16, 2018
Hey there, sorry for the late response. We submitted the application without doing xray and we have also submitted the pregnancy deferral letter which we have received from the hospital. Our medical results where displayed as passed and then we got a letter from CIC saying that they put our application on hold as we were expecting a baby. They gave 1 month more from the Estimated delivery date for us to submit the passport, medical and birth certificate for my newborn born baby. We did it and submitted it. Even though they didn't ask for my wife's xray, we took that too before submitting as we didn't want to take that chance In the next 5 days we got COPR and now we have submitted our passports to VFS office for stamping

Chobz

Jun 27, 2018
Hey there, sorry for the late response. We submitted the application without doing xray and we have also submitted the pregnancy deferral letter which we have received from the hospital. Our medical results where displayed as passed and then we got a letter from CIC saying that they put our application on hold as we were expecting a baby. They gave 1 month more from the Estimated delivery date for us to submit the passport, medical and birth certificate for my newborn born baby. We did it and submitted it. Even though they didn't ask for my wife's xray, we took that too before submitting as we didn't want to take that chance In the next 5 days we got COPR and now we have submitted our passports to VFS office for stamping
Thanks mate..one last question..who is the primary applicant in ur case?