+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

'Medical results have been received' and Waiting for PPR

dmus

Dec 11, 2013
dmus said:
Hi Everyone,

I'm a dependent child (When my dad applying for PR) Outside Canada (Sri Lanka) :)

I was a silent reader of this forum since last year (2012 Jan). I was keep on reading most of you all updates and experiences. And thought to share my Immigration Experience as well.
1st of all I would tell, like most of out there i'm too really disappointed about the situation. :mad:

Here are the application steps so far,

* MY DAD's Application Process Within Canada

- CIC received application for permanent residence on December 2004.
- CIC started processing application on January 2005.
- CIC transferred application to the Scarborough office on February 2005.
- CIC returned application to the Case Processing Centre on September 2009. The Case Processing Centre will continue to process application within the normal service standards.
- A decision was made on June 2011.
- Medical results have been sent July 2011.
- Called for an Interview to Grant PR and post-pond it, because application was not completed (Outside Canada)
- Second Medical results have been sent November 2013. (Local MP Confirmed, CIC received results)

* Our Application Process Outside Canada - All with Immigration Office Requests [5 Members (Spouse and Dependent Childrens)]

- We received application for permanent residence on January 2012.
- Medical results have been sent February 2013.
- Requested for some additional work related documents meanwhile (Which dragged the process more unnecessarily)
- Application Closed (Sri Lanka) and Sent to Canada, October 2013

And now we are Waiting! Waiting! :-X

Sadly we don't have any indignation that CIC will grant the PR for us as well. :(
And only for the process it has taken 8 years now. Which means we were without our dad for almost 11 years. And my mom is so desperate, thinking of "there will be good news" each day.

So all I say is that this Canada immigration thing is like "holding a tiger tail". Because recently I saw they have changed the rule (on October 2012) that we have to be in Canada for 2 years after getting the PR to sponsor spouse. Means i'm 27 now and I had a relationship going on for almost 7 years. And I still have to wait without marrying! And even after we marry, we have to go through this hell again..?? ???

We can't decide on Jobs, Getting Settle Down.... It's all a mess......

Canada always talking about Human Rights, but there is no one to talk about these... :p

Not to demotivate anyone, but just to show the real situation of Immigration Canada. And this can be different for each cases and countries. :)
Hi Everyone,

After some time I'm here again to update the current situation of my case. Today my Dad received the PR and they have told that he will receive the PR Card within 4 weeks. :D

But we still have questions, they have not told anything about the family PR or Visa. And as earlier no indignation at all, not even from the officer who handed over the PR later to my Dad.
Any one else have experienced a situation like this??? Is there anyway to find out the real situation?

Regards

josykthattakunnel

Sep 2, 2010
HAI everybody,In my medical report the dr has mentioned that i have Asthma and Scoliosis of the vertibra(curved moderately),also for my son( 8 years old)it is mentioned abnormal urine protine(actualy due to viral fever and it is normal now) .will it be a problem for issuing visa?kindly some feedback needed.Thanks ,josy

MuhammadFahad

Star Member
Oct 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2012
Nomination.....
21-09-2012
AOR Received.
10-01-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
22-02-2013
Med's Done....
18-03-2013. 2nd Med: 01-05-2014
Passport Req..
PPR-1: 30-05-2014. PPR-2: 27-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-07-2014
LANDED..........
Feb 2015 Alhamdolillah
Hello all,

I was nominated under “FSW Backlog Reduction Pilot” by Ontario and applied for PR to CIO, Nova Scotia in November, 2012. I submitted medical exams, Permanent Residence Fee, etc. in March 2013 and 'Medical received' line was added in April 2013 but been waiting ever since for PPR1. Couple of people who preceded me by 1 month have gotten visa stamped in October.

My last 2 CSEs in October and just 1 week back was responded by LVO saying my "case was in a queue awaiting review by an immigration officer". Now problem is that my Pakistani PCC was made in November 2012 so am worried they will say its now expired. Also, IELTS and UK PCC also expire in April which will set me back about 400$ :(. I see a lot of people with March/April Medicals who are being processed now but streams seem to be different (FSW1, etc.). Is anyone in a similar situation and any ideas?

Thanks,
Fahad

Afewgoodmen

Star Member
Dec 28, 2011
Delta State, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2011
Doc's Request.
With Application
AOR Received.
22/09/2011
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
08/11/2013 & 31/12/2013 (son)
Med's Done....
13/11/2013 & 08/01/2014 (son)
Interview........
Waived IJMN
Passport Req..
15th January 2014 (But did not get to see it until March 11th 2014)
VISA ISSUED...
Passport sent 13th March 2014 Visa issued 20 March 2014
LANDED..........
July 2014 by God's Grace!
Congrats to you all who have gotten the coveted PPR. All the best.

samm2

Star Member
Oct 23, 2013
bro, nothing to worry, ur visa is on the way. u wl get call soon from embassy before ur medical gets expire.

MuhammadFahad said:
Hello all,

I was nominated under “FSW Backlog Reduction Pilot” by Ontario and applied for PR to CIO, Nova Scotia in November, 2012. I submitted medical exams, Permanent Residence Fee, etc. in March 2013 and 'Medical received' line was added in April 2013 but been waiting ever since for PPR1. Couple of people who preceded me by 1 month have gotten visa stamped in October.

My last 2 CSEs in October and just 1 week back was responded by LVO saying my "case was in a queue awaiting review by an immigration officer". Now problem is that my Pakistani PCC was made in November 2012 so am worried they will say its now expired. Also, IELTS and UK PCC also expire in April which will set me back about 400$ :(. I see a lot of people with March/April Medicals who are being processed now but streams seem to be different (FSW1, etc.). Is anyone in a similar situation and any ideas?

Thanks,
Fahad

rizmayo

Aug 17, 2013
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-09-2013, sent 17-09-2013, DM 06-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
MuhammadFahad said:
Hello all,

Thanks,
Fahad
Hi Fahad,

This is normal, don't compare your case to others. Traditionally it has been observed that people who have traveled out of their home country have longer processing times.

Regarding your query about the additional costs you may incur ($400):

IELTS: You will not be required to redo IELTS, the points for English are already given before your application goes into "In Process" stage.

PCC UK & Pakistan: You will at some stage be asked to resubmit your PCC. I am surprised they have not asked for it already, as they usually like to have this valid throughout the application process (yes this means several PCCs maybe asked for till you get your PR). However you are not required to submit PCC of all the countries you have lived in like the first time. They will only ask you for the updated PCC of the country you currently reside in.

Regards,

rizmayo

Aug 17, 2013
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
dmus said:
Hi Everyone,

After some time I'm here again to update the current situation of my case. Today my Dad received the PR and they have told that he will receive the PR Card within 4 weeks. :D

But we still have questions, they have not told anything about the family PR or Visa. And as earlier no indignation at all, not even from the officer who handed over the PR later to my Dad.
Any one else have experienced a situation like this??? Is there anyway to find out the real situation?

Regards
You case is a little strange. If you were not part of your fathers application and he was not a Canadian PR holder at the time of your application, then who is your sponsor?

If your father is not the principal applicant or sponsor, then your application is independent of your father's and him getting PR is no indication of your application.

Also if you have a lawyer or some immigration agent corresponding on your behalf, suggest you also investigate your case on your own.

You said someone handed over the PR to your father? The confirmation of permanent residence comes through the mail and if inside Canada you need to take it along with you to a government office to complete the landing formalities.

Regards,

developmentstar

Star Member
Apr 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 October 2011
AOR Received.
5th January 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with original appication
Med's Request
13th August 2012
Med's Done....
3rd September 2012 and received by LVO on 7th September 2012, Third line added on 31-10-2012. Remedical request on 13th December 2013 done on 19th of December 2013 and approved on 31st December 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR-1 requested through email on 8th January 2014, PPR-2 requested through email on 6th Feburary 2014, Decision made on 12th Feburary 2014
VISA ISSUED...
10th Feburary 2014, passport received on 18th Feb 2014. Valid until 31 December 2014
LANDED..........
God willing, July 2014
MuhammadFahad said:
Hello all,

Thanks,
Fahad
You may need to renew only the Police certificate where you are currently residing. Do renew it in anticipation and send it to them it will certainly save your time.

dmus

Dec 11, 2013
rizmayo said:
You case is a little strange. If you were not part of your fathers application and he was not a Canadian PR holder at the time of your application, then who is your sponsor?

If your father is not the principal applicant or sponsor, then your application is independent of your father's and him getting PR is no indication of your application.

Also if you have a lawyer or some immigration agent corresponding on your behalf, suggest you also investigate your case on your own.

You said someone handed over the PR to your father? The confirmation of permanent residence comes through the mail and if inside Canada you need to take it along with you to a government office to complete the landing formalities.

Regards,
Hi rizmayo,

First of all, Thanks a lot for your reply.

Yes, my case is bit strange. Couldn't find anyone who went through the same situation. What happened was, my Dad apply for PR on near 2004 December, and it got rejected.
Then My Dad and the new Lawyer replied for PR with the Family under Humanitarian and Compassionate grounds. So after waiting for sometime my dad got the medical request etc... after an interview at the Immigration Canada (In Canada). And then after sometime we got the application forms from the Immigration Canada (In Sri Lanka) requesting All the Legal Documents + Police Clarence, Photos, Background Details etc... Separately for each family member. And after finishing all, we got Medical Request as well. Then after completing that we started waiting again.

After waiting for sometime my dad got the interview call from the Immigration Canada (In Canada) to grant the PR. But after he went there, the immigration officer there has mentioned dad, that there is a delay of our applications (from Sri Lanka - Family Members) and they will recall (with apology). Also mentioned that they could grant the PR to my Dad at that moment, but they would prefer to wait till other family members.

And meanwhile my dad got to know from the local MP that one of the member's file was in examination process while all the rest is done in Sri Lanka (at that time - but it is complete now). So we again started waiting. And then we got a letter from Immigration Canada (In Sri Lanka) that our file here is closed and sent to Immigration Canada (In Canada).

Then last December (2013) dad got the recall letter from the Immigration to grant the PR on 16th Jan 2014. And then he got the final PR confirmation letter. But then when he asked about the other members, that officer has told he/she knows nothing but to grand my dad's PR. So the confusion started again and started waiting... :'(

we have no clue where inquire. Because Immigration Canada (In Sri Lanka) never replies (tried like 3 times). :mad:

The Applications went like this,
My Dad is the Principal Applicant & My Mom is the (Sub)Principal Applicant (Representing from Sri Lanka) and we all children's are Dependents.

And also so far we didnt get any payment request to pay for the Immigration. I hope it because we(children's) were under 21 when dad applying for PR (11 years before).

And dad didn't get the PR letter through email, he got it through post to meet the Immigration Officer and from there only he got the PR (temporally letter until he get the card).

My Uncle (who is a citizen) & My Dad is going to send a letter to the immigration office through a Lawyer now, to inquire about this. Any suggestion other than this??

Regards,

hopeforfuture

Star Member
Jun 3, 2013
KSA
Category........
Visa Office......
London to Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 May 2010
Med's Request
22 April 2013
Med's Done....
medicals expired May 2014 extended till May 2015
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Feb 10,2015
LANDED..........
hopefully mid March
Hello all

I feel happy to all who got DM lately ,my prayer always include wishing everyone to get his visa soon.did anyone got DM or Medicals or anything from PVO recently?my medicals expires on 22nd april and still they replied to my ecas on 24/12/13 background still ongoing may take several months .really lost all my patience :( :( :(

rizmayo

Aug 17, 2013
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
dmus said:
Hi rizmayo,

First of all, Thanks a lot for your reply.

Yes, my case is bit strange. Couldn't find anyone who went through the same situation. What happened was, my Dad apply for PR on near 2004 December, and it got rejected.
Then My Dad and the new Lawyer replied for PR with the Family under Humanitarian and Compassionate grounds. So after waiting for sometime my dad got the medical request etc... after an interview at the Immigration Canada (In Canada). And then after sometime we got the application forms from the Immigration Canada (In Sri Lanka) requesting All the Legal Documents + Police Clarence, Photos, Background Details etc... Separately for each family member. And after finishing all, we got Medical Request as well. Then after completing that we started waiting again.

After waiting for sometime my dad got the interview call from the Immigration Canada (In Canada) to grant the PR. But after he went there, the immigration officer there has mentioned dad, that there is a delay of our applications (from Sri Lanka - Family Members) and they will recall (with apology). Also mentioned that they could grant the PR to my Dad at that moment, but they would prefer to wait till other family members.

And meanwhile my dad got to know from the local MP that one of the member's file was in examination process while all the rest is done in Sri Lanka (at that time - but it is complete now). So we again started waiting. And then we got a letter from Immigration Canada (In Sri Lanka) that our file here is closed and sent to Immigration Canada (In Canada).

Then last December (2013) dad got the recall letter from the Immigration to grant the PR on 16th Jan 2014. And then he got the final PR confirmation letter. But then when he asked about the other members, that officer has told he/she knows nothing but to grand my dad's PR. So the confusion started again and started waiting... :'(

we have no clue where inquire. Because Immigration Canada (In Sri Lanka) never replies (tried like 3 times). :mad:

The Applications went like this,
My Dad is the Principal Applicant & My Mom is the (Sub)Principal Applicant (Representing from Sri Lanka) and we all children's are Dependents.

And also so far we didnt get any payment request to pay for the Immigration. I hope it because we(children's) were under 21 when dad applying for PR (11 years before).

And dad didn't get the PR letter through email, he got it through post to meet the Immigration Officer and from there only he got the PR (temporally letter until he get the card).

My Uncle (who is a citizen) & My Dad is going to send a letter to the immigration office through a Lawyer now, to inquire about this. Any suggestion other than this??

Regards,
Indeed you case is very strange. Perhaps the rules are a bit different when it is H&C grounds, however from what I heard, such cases are expedited, not the other way around.

The letter your dad should have gotten is "Confirmation of Permanent Residence". This is not a temporary document and he needs to hold on to it even after getting the PR card. If he did not get this document, he may not have gotten a PR and it might be some other visa he was given allowing him to live in Canada indefinitely.

Do you have any letter from Sri Lanka or Canada, which has your file number written on it (post or email)? If you still don't have a file number that might put your case in Limbo. If your case has been closed by Sri Lanka embassy, then you should not bother waiting for their reply, it will never come. You father should contact CIC on the number (can only be dialed from inside Canada) in this link (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5291ETOC.asp#contact) and tell them the file number, to inquire about what the problem is.

Regarding the request for payment, you have to pay the fee for both adults and children.

Regards,

nadeemismaili

Star Member
Jan 22, 2012
Kuwait
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30/12/2009
AOR Received.
18/08/2011
IELTS Request
All Sent together
File Transfer...
18/02/2010
Med's Request
08/03/2012, Re-Medical-Request: 13/DEC/2013
Med's Done....
17/04/2012, Sent: 13/JAN/2014
Interview........
waived !Inshallah
Passport Req..
04/02/2014
Dear All,

Anybody on this forum, have experienced 3rd time Medical request or 2nd is the maximum they can request.

canadaniwasi

Star Member
Dec 9, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
03/10/2013
Med's Done....
24/10/2013
Passport Req..
03-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
21st Jan 2014
LANDED..........
landed
Cool Cool Cool Cool Grin Grin Grin ;D Yipeee Got Stamped VISA with Corp, All work experience letter and original ielts TRF in a registered post. visa stamped date 21st jan and expiry 29th oct 2014 Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Cool Cool Cool Cool

Zealot81

Apr 29, 2013
nadeemismaili said:
Dear All,

Anybody on this forum, have experienced 3rd time Medical request or 2nd is the maximum they can request.
I have done my medical on April 2011 since that time i am waiting, hopefully they will send 2nd medical request but don't know in which year.

nekeol

Champion Member
Nov 7, 2012
Waterloo region, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London/Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
1111 Accountant
App. Filed.......
25/9/2011
Doc's Request.
21/11/12
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
19/12/2013, after BGC
Med's Done....
7/1/2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
02/02/2014 - DM 11/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
14/02/2014
LANDED..........
Alhamdolillah Landed July 2014/Citizenship Applied in JAN 2018
canadaniwasi said:
Cool Cool Cool Cool Grin Grin Grin ;D Yipeee Got Stamped VISA with Corp, All work experience letter and original ielts TRF in a registered post. visa stamped date 21st jan and expiry 29th oct 2014 Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Cool Cool Cool Cool
Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Cool Cool Cool Cool