waiting.........
Passport Req..
waiting........
VISA ISSUED...
waiting.........
LANDED..........
still waiting........
hello...
i recently received PPR...however my three dependants have manual pakistani passports...do you think this can be an issue as on the bio date page full names are written in one line instead of surname and first name being written separate...

I am asking this because on the letter sent to me for PPR...it is mentioned about the passport specifications...and it states that the The given name (first name) of the passport-holder must be clearly printed on the Given Name line of the biodata page of each passport. The surname (last name) of the passport-holder must be clearly printed on the Surname line of the biodata page of each passport.

however on manual passports full name is written in one line.....

can this be an issue...please do reply soon...

2011july20

Sep 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffallo Transferred to Ottawa
NOC Code......
XXXX
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with Application and May 2014
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
First AOR 10-2011, second AOR December 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
Unknown
Med's Request
October -2013 and RPRF paid on Oct 2013
Med's Done....
November 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
DM 7-15-2014 PPR 10-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
10/2014
LANDED..........
12/2014
msaleem216 said:
@ Zee have u some new development from yesterday or same?
saleem
I have been "In Process" since January 2012. Even after my Medicals were received, I'm still 'In Process.'

Smile Forever

Oct 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2011
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
March 2011
File Transfer...
processing began in oct 2011
Med's Request
waiting......
Med's Done....
waiting.........
Passport Req..
waiting........
VISA ISSUED...
waiting.........
LANDED..........
still waiting........
hello...
i recently received PPR...however my three dependants have manual pakistani passports...do you think this can be an issue as on the bio date page full names are written in one line instead of surname and first name being written separate...

I am asking this because on the letter sent to me for PPR...it is mentioned about the passport specifications...and it states that the The given name (first name) of the passport-holder must be clearly printed on the Given Name line of the biodata page of each passport. The surname (last name) of the passport-holder must be clearly printed on the Surname line of the biodata page of each passport.

rizmayo

Aug 17, 2013
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-09-2013, sent 17-09-2013, DM 06-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
Smile Forever said:
hello...

As you mentioned yourself the names on the passport do not match passport specifications of the PPR. However regardless you should definitely have the new machine readable passports made ASAP. Some countries no longer give visas on manual Pakistani passports.

Before you ask, there is no issue at all to send new passports at this stage (even though medicals were done on the old ones). I had new passports made for my wife and son after getting PPR. You only need to send the new ones for stamping.

Are you based in Pakistan or some other country? As you would have received PPR1 first (i.e. you are only asked to send copies of your passport to London now). The reason I ask this is because, if you have already submitted your passport copies as part of PPR1, you cannot change your passports now.

Regards,

Smile Forever

Oct 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2011
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
March 2011
File Transfer...
Med's Request
waiting......
Med's Done....
waiting.........
Passport Req..
waiting........
VISA ISSUED...
waiting.........
LANDED..........
still waiting........
rizmayo said:
As you mentioned yourself the names on the passport do not match passport specifications of the PPR. However regardless you should definitely have the new machine readable passports made ASAP. Some countries no longer give visas on manual Pakistani passports.

Before you ask, there is no issue at all to send new passports at this stage (even though medicals were done on the old ones). I had new passports made for my wife and son after getting PPR. You only need to send the new ones for stamping.

Are you based in Pakistan or some other country? As you would have received PPR1 first (i.e. you are only asked to send copies of your passport to London now). The reason I ask this is because, if you have already submitted your passport copies as part of PPR1, you cannot change your passports now.

Regards,
thanks for your reply...i am based in uk...and where i live the pakistani embassy does only manual passports...thanks

msaeed

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Lahore Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2009
VISA ISSUED...
الحمد لله رب العالمين - 27-06-2014
LANDED..........
الحمد لله رب العالمين March 28, 2015.
Smile Forever said:
hello...

Sir

As far as my information serves , manual Pakistani Passports are no longer acceptable for visa processing by any consulate. Please get new machine readable passports.

Urgent Passports are provided within 7 days.

Stay Blessed

Smile Forever

Oct 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2011
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
March 2011
File Transfer...
Med's Request
waiting......
Med's Done....
waiting.........
Passport Req..
waiting........
VISA ISSUED...
waiting.........
LANDED..........
still waiting........
msaeed said:
Sir

As far as my information serves , manual Pakistani Passports are no longer acceptable for visa processing by any consulate. Please get new machine readable passports.

Urgent Passports are provided within 7 days.

Stay Blessed

Thanks for your reply...i am based in UK and where i live the pakistan embassy issue only manual passport...for me to get MRP i would be required to travel long distance and from there it would take atleast 6 weeks to get MRP...and CHC has given only 30 days to submit passports...

thanks

msaeed

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Lahore Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2009
VISA ISSUED...
الحمد لله رب العالمين - 27-06-2014
LANDED..........
الحمد لله رب العالمين March 28, 2015.
Smile Forever said:
Thanks for your reply...i am based in UK and where i live the pakistan embassy issue only manual passport...for me to get MRP i would be required to travel long distance and from there it would take atleast 6 weeks to get MRP...and CHC has given only 30 days to submit passports...

thanks
Sir

Submit passports , and write a covering letter , No issues.

Stay Blessed

dmus

Dec 11, 2013
rizmayo said:
Hi

The social insurance number is issued to everyone not just PRs.

You can see the processing time for PR card here "link" it is updated weekly.

Well the good news is that if you are able to check your case details on ecas then you have all that is needed to get the information you need to find out where your case is stuck.

I would suggest the following steps (need to be done by your dad, as all have to be done from inside Canada):

1. Call the number I gave earlier and ask for 2 things 1.what the delay is and 2.which visa office is handling your case after it got transfered from Sri Lanka- they can provide limited information, but sometimes sending inquires triggers them to action, when they have forgotten to open the file on the bring forward date.

2. Order your GCMS notes from here: link . The GCMS notes contains all the information that the visa officer has written in your file and will give you an idea of why your case is stuck. Your mother and all children above 18 will have to sign a consent form and send that to your father (just send him scanned copies as he needs to attach them to the application). I guess you could do it from Sri Lanka, just put your father's details in the requester's information (it has to be someone inside Canada, does not have to be your father). This video will help you fill the form: link (make sure annotations are on, as this video does not have audio)

3. I remember reading that your father has already approached someone in the local MP's office. Do not underestimate this channel. The MP has the channels to expedite information (but cannot influence the outcome) needed. All MPs deal with at least one sponsorship delay case in a day, so their staff knows exactly what needs to be done, however they do need to be pushed at times or they forget to follow up with CIC.

These steps have been known to expedite cases that are pending for no reason at all (yes this happens allot), however if your case is pending due to a background check that is pending, then even the Minister of Immigration cannot do anything for you through official channels. Ordering the GCMS notes will let you know if your background (security) checks are complete.

Regards,
Hi rizmayo,

Thanks for the reply and great advice's, i have forwarded them to my dad. And I'll let you know if there is any update after this.

And my dad had called the Call Center and they have mentioned that Immigration has asked for the family members go through Medical, Police Clearance etc... just for my dads application. :(

But im still confuse that why the hell they need our medical and all the crap for grant my dads PR. :mad:

Anyway will try out the GCMS notes thing, sometimes the call center person might be wrong.
Because we had 2 file numbers here in Sri Lanka. And my dad had different file number. so sometimes our case might be going separately... not sure... ::)

Regards,

rizmayo

Aug 17, 2013
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
Smile Forever said:
thanks for your reply...i am based in uk...and where i live the pakistani embassy does only manual passports...thanks
I don't know who gave you that information. Pakistan embassy in UK does issue machine readable passports. Please see below link for requirements:

http://www.pakmission-uk.gov.pk/passport/mrpp.asp

Regards,

rizmayo

Aug 17, 2013
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
dmus said:
Hi rizmayo,

Thanks for the reply and great advice's, i have forwarded them to my dad. And I'll let you know if there is any update after this.

And my dad had called the Call Center and they have mentioned that Immigration has asked for the family members go through Medical, Police Clearance etc... just for my dads application. :(

But im still confuse that why the hell they need our medical and all the crap for grant my dads PR. :mad:

Anyway will try out the GCMS notes thing, sometimes the call center person might be wrong.
Because we had 2 file numbers here in Sri Lanka. And my dad had different file number. so sometimes our case might be going separately... not sure... ::)

Regards,
Unfortunately that is the law here. All dependents have to undergo a medical examination, even if they are not accompanying the Principal Applicant to Canada. If any of the dependents do not go through the medical exam, they can not be sponsored by the sponsor in the future.

Please do let me know how it turns out. And do share the contents of the GCMS notes once you get them, many members on this forum are experts in reading the notes.

Regards,

Smile Forever

Oct 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2011
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
March 2011
File Transfer...
Med's Request
waiting......
Med's Done....
waiting.........
Passport Req..
waiting........
VISA ISSUED...
waiting.........
LANDED..........
still waiting........
rizmayo said:
I don't know who gave you that information. Pakistan embassy in UK does issue machine readable passports. Please see below link for requirements:

http://www.pakmission-uk.gov.pk/passport/mrpp.asp

Regards,

MRP facility is available in london only...i am based in manchester...in manchester they issue manual passports...

rizmayo

Aug 17, 2013
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
Smile Forever said:
MRP facility is available in london only...i am based in manchester...in manchester they issue manual passports...
Well in that case I suggest raising a CSE immediately and ask this question from your VO. They usually reply ASAP to such queries.

From what I have read on the Pakistan High Commission website, manual passports are only being issued in Birmingham, Glasgow and Manchester as a formality (i.e. to hide their incompetence of not being able to provide you this facility, due to whatever bureaucratic red tape). Well sorry for putting it this way, but it is only my opinion.

You will be sending your passports to the PHEP department in Canadian High Commission and not to your visa officer, so they may not be as inclined to figure out why you sent passports that do not match specifications. They may just reject your passports and ask you to resubmit the passports. Though this is not really a big problem, however it will still be inconvenient for you. If your VO agrees to accept the manual passports, he will inform PHEP of this and you can send those and get them stamped. In case he says no, he will give you more time to have the passports made and you can proceed to have your new MRPs made without delay.

I still think the inconvenience of going to Bradford or London, is better then the inconvenience you will feel trying to use the manual passports for all the steps in landing and applying for all the government documents in Canada with a manual passport.

Regards,

Mr. Canada

Jan 18, 2013
Gujarat, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2010
Doc's Request.
10-10-2010
AOR Received.
05-01-2011
IELTS Request
10-10-2010
Med's Request
25-08-2013
Med's Done....
01-09-2013
Passport Req..
25-08-2013
Finally got DM after a very lon..........................................g....................... waiting.

Thanks to all the forum members for extending their help and support through out my journey.

I will let you know when I receive my PPT and COPR.

Thanks

joshu90

Star Member
Dec 21, 2013
Mr. Canada said:
Finally got DM after a very lon..........................................g....................... waiting.

Thanks to all the forum members for extending their help and support through out my journey.

I will let you know when I receive my PPT and COPR.

Thanks
congos man...
i got d dm on 31st aswell...so did u get any sort of intimation abt d reslt ??? any mail or smthng ??? although ecas is showing dm but i hv got no othr cmmnictn frm ndvo ??
how long do i need to wait to know the reslt ?? kindly suggest frnd.