File Transfer...
23-06-2010
VISA ISSUED...
25th Apr 2014
LANDED..........
25th May 2014
shkhassan said:
Hi,

Leaving tomorrow for the dream journey . I will be landing in Toronto. Will share the experience soon. Inshallah . Kindly pray.
hope you have the best time of your life and rest now.

m.ibrahim

Nov 16, 2011
Qatar
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-2011 received at NS
Nomination.....
PER 14-10-2011
File Transfer...
ecas 2nd line..started processing 16-08-2012
Med's Request
10-04-2013
Med's Done....
08-05-2013 Rcvd at LVO 15-05-2013 ecas 3rd line 07-06-2013
Passport Req..
09-07-2013 DM: 28-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-07-2013
LANDED..........
29-11-2013
shkhassan said:
Hi,

Leaving tomorrow for the dream journey . I will be landing in Toronto. Will share the experience soon. Inshallah . Kindly pray.
Good luck.

terki

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2012
FLORIDA - MIAMI
LANDED..........
DUAL-CITIZEN - USA/CANADA
http://www.pafso.com/news_releases.php?newsID=159

Effective Monday, in order to persuade the Government that binding arbitration remains the responsible way forward to resolve our dispute, PAFSO members will withdraw all services until further notice at Canada’s fifteen largest visa processing centres abroad: Abu Dhabi, Ankara, Beijing, Cairo, Delhi/Chandigarh, Hong Kong, London, Manila, Mexico City, Moscow, Paris, Riyadh, Sao Paulo, and Shanghai.

PHILCAD

Star Member
Aug 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Bufalo to Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 2011
AOR Received.
March 2011
File Transfer...
April 24, 2013 (Transfer to Port of Spain)
Med's Request
June 03, 2013
Med's Done....
June 24, 2013 and Received by CIC July 15, 2013
Passport Req..
August 07, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Immigrant Visa Issued 08-19-2013 (Port of Spain)
LANDED..........
September-28-2013
WHY THEY ARE ON STRIKE

http://www.pafso.com/news_releases.php?newsID=151
News
07 June 2013 - WHY IS CANADA'S FOREIGN SERVICE ON STRIKE?
How did we get here?

In mid-March 2013, the 1,350 members of the Professional Association of Foreign Service Officers – the union which represents Canada’s non-executive diplomats – voted 82% in favour of job action to bolster our position at the bargaining table. Nearly 75% of members cast a ballot. This followed a year and a half of contract talks plagued by impasse and delay: by the time negotiations broke off in January 2013, the Treasury Board’s pay position had not moved one inch since the launch of negotiations in August 2011.

For any federal public service union, such a turnout and mandate would be remarkable. Under current fiscal and political circumstances – and given our group’s vocation to analyze key players and motivations in any negotiation, assess levers and options, and pursue an achievable course of action – this mandate is nothing short of overwhelming.

What has happened so far?

The Foreign Service entered into a legal strike position on April 2 and we initiated job action measures the same day starting with “electronic information pickets” – automatic e-mail replies informing contacts of the breakdown in contract negotiations and expressing regret for any service delay. Work-to-rule followed a week later, with FS officers refusing to do overtime, check their BlackBerries outside business hours, fill in for their bosses, or perform any tasks outside their job descriptions.

Treasury Board’s continuing failure to return to the table led to a significant escalation on May 13, when members began targeted walkouts in select missions abroad and at headquarters in Ottawa for the first time in our association’s 46-year history. New service withdrawals of escalating scope and intensity are foreseen in the weeks ahead barring a commitment from our employer to engage in a genuine discussion on our reasonable and long-festering demands.

What are the key issues?

There is only one key issue: equal pay for equal work. Foreign Service officers are subjected to a series of unfair and demoralizing wage gaps at all four levels of our pay scale compared to other federal professionals performing similar or identical work. These include economists, commerce officers, policy analysts, and lawyers. Often these employees work right next to us in neighbouring cubicles – not only in Ottawa but increasingly abroad as well. As of June 2013, gaps will range from a minimum of $3,000 at the FS-03 level all the way up to $14,000 per year for FS-02s. We were prevented from addressing them in the last round of bargaining in 2009 when the Government circumvented collective bargaining and imposed wages through legislation.

The FS group is simply looking to catch up to what these workers have been granted in their own contract negotiations with Treasury Board. While some of these gaps are recent, others have persisted for eight years and long predate not only current fiscal circumstances but even the current Government. The result is that, over the last few years, diplomats are cumulatively out of pocket thousands – and in some cases, tens of thousands – of dollars compared to their professional colleagues.

At the same time, these other workers don’t face the same personal or career challenges that we do. Our families must regularly move homes, our children must constantly change schools, our spouses must quit their jobs, we risk our safety and health in hazardous environments, and we miss countless birthdays and other special moments with friends and family while living for months or years at a time in war zones and disaster areas.

What is the solution?

Foreign Service officers recognize that in these tough economic times, everyone must do their part. Diplomats are no exception. But we have done our part. We have accepted the Government’s two key demands: wage increases of 1.5% per year (well below average national wage growth and inflation) and the elimination of severance pay on retirement and resignation (in effect a 2% annual pay cut).

In exchange, we have simply asked that the maximum pay at each level of the FS group be lifted one increment in the third and final year of the contract – except at the FS-02 level, where the gap is so large that it would require three additional increments, one in each year of the contract. The total bill for these adjustments would be less than 2.5% of the total FS payroll in the third and most expensive year.

Anything to add?

In launching job action, we are not trying to embarrass the Government or undermine the Cabinet ministers we serve. Challenging our employer in such a public way goes against our very nature as diplomats and dedicated professionals.

Our goal is simple: to have Treasury Board recognize the real value of the high-quality work we perform, often under difficult circumstances, in delivering on the Government’s international priorities. Ultimately, we want them to agree that basic fairness – a fundamental Canadian value that our members promote abroad every day – dictates that we be paid at least the same as those performing the same work.

After eight years of seeing the can kicked down the road by our employer, the Foreign Service has declared resoundingly that the time has come to insist on a fair deal. Canada’s face and frontline abroad deserves nothing less.

Professional Association of Foreign Service Officers - May 2013

umerafzaal12

Star Member
Mar 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-12-2010
Doc's Request.
23-09-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with initial application.
File Transfer...
In Process 04-03-2011
Med's Request
2-10-2012
Med's Done....
12-11-2012 MR received line on December 2012.
Interview........
NO
Re: WHY THEY ARE ON STRIKE

PHILCAD said:
http://www.pafso.com/news_releases.php?newsID=151
News
07 June 2013 - WHY IS CANADA'S FOREIGN SERVICE ON STRIKE?
How did we get here?

In mid-March 2013, the 1,350 members of the Professional Association of Foreign Service Officers – the union which represents Canada's non-executive diplomats – voted 82% in favour of job action to bolster our position at the bargaining table. Nearly 75% of members cast a ballot. This followed a year and a half of contract talks plagued by impasse and delay: by the time negotiations broke off in January 2013, the Treasury Board's pay position had not moved one inch since the launch of negotiations in August 2011.

For any federal public service union, such a turnout and mandate would be remarkable. Under current fiscal and political circumstances – and given our group's vocation to analyze key players and motivations in any negotiation, assess levers and options, and pursue an achievable course of action – this mandate is nothing short of overwhelming.

What has happened so far?

The Foreign Service entered into a legal strike position on April 2 and we initiated job action measures the same day starting with “electronic information pickets” – automatic e-mail replies informing contacts of the breakdown in contract negotiations and expressing regret for any service delay. Work-to-rule followed a week later, with FS officers refusing to do overtime, check their BlackBerries outside business hours, fill in for their bosses, or perform any tasks outside their job descriptions.

Treasury Board's continuing failure to return to the table led to a significant escalation on May 13, when members began targeted walkouts in select missions abroad and at headquarters in Ottawa for the first time in our association's 46-year history. New service withdrawals of escalating scope and intensity are foreseen in the weeks ahead barring a commitment from our employer to engage in a genuine discussion on our reasonable and long-festering demands.

What are the key issues?

There is only one key issue: equal pay for equal work. Foreign Service officers are subjected to a series of unfair and demoralizing wage gaps at all four levels of our pay scale compared to other federal professionals performing similar or identical work. These include economists, commerce officers, policy analysts, and lawyers. Often these employees work right next to us in neighbouring cubicles – not only in Ottawa but increasingly abroad as well. As of June 2013, gaps will range from a minimum of $3,000 at the FS-03 level all the way up to $14,000 per year for FS-02s. We were prevented from addressing them in the last round of bargaining in 2009 when the Government circumvented collective bargaining and imposed wages through legislation.

The FS group is simply looking to catch up to what these workers have been granted in their own contract negotiations with Treasury Board. While some of these gaps are recent, others have persisted for eight years and long predate not only current fiscal circumstances but even the current Government. The result is that, over the last few years, diplomats are cumulatively out of pocket thousands – and in some cases, tens of thousands – of dollars compared to their professional colleagues.

At the same time, these other workers don't face the same personal or career challenges that we do. Our families must regularly move homes, our children must constantly change schools, our spouses must quit their jobs, we risk our safety and health in hazardous environments, and we miss countless birthdays and other special moments with friends and family while living for months or years at a time in war zones and disaster areas.

What is the solution?

Foreign Service officers recognize that in these tough economic times, everyone must do their part. Diplomats are no exception. But we have done our part. We have accepted the Government's two key demands: wage increases of 1.5% per year (well below average national wage growth and inflation) and the elimination of severance pay on retirement and resignation (in effect a 2% annual pay cut).

In exchange, we have simply asked that the maximum pay at each level of the FS group be lifted one increment in the third and final year of the contract – except at the FS-02 level, where the gap is so large that it would require three additional increments, one in each year of the contract. The total bill for these adjustments would be less than 2.5% of the total FS payroll in the third and most expensive year.

Anything to add?

In launching job action, we are not trying to embarrass the Government or undermine the Cabinet ministers we serve. Challenging our employer in such a public way goes against our very nature as diplomats and dedicated professionals.

Our goal is simple: to have Treasury Board recognize the real value of the high-quality work we perform, often under difficult circumstances, in delivering on the Government's international priorities. Ultimately, we want them to agree that basic fairness – a fundamental Canadian value that our members promote abroad every day – dictates that we be paid at least the same as those performing the same work.

After eight years of seeing the can kicked down the road by our employer, the Foreign Service has declared resoundingly that the time has come to insist on a fair deal. Canada's face and frontline abroad deserves nothing less.

Professional Association of Foreign Service Officers - May 2013
Is this strike only effecting tourists and students? or delaying processing of applications for people who have applied as Federal Skilled Workers and are close to getting PPR1?

Bigboss

Jan 18, 2013
UAE-Alain
Category........
Visa Office......
MCH-London
NOC Code......
7241,MI3
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2011
Doc's Request.
At the time of dicuments submittion
AOR Received.
11-4-2012
IELTS Request
Along With document request
File Transfer...
1-6-2012
Med's Request
20-8-2012 , expired , remedical 10/11/2013
Med's Done....
ECSE 4-10-2012. Remedical 14/11/2013
Interview........
Hope waived
Passport Req..
21/11/2013
VISA ISSUED...
3/12/2013
LANDED..........
August 2014 inshalah
Due to paffso and governent dispute,
We are paying the bill for delaying visa processing and issuance,

How could be this strike fare for us?
I see its a common sense to protest against them

brandyzene

Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ndvo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear all,
I know the time us not right as we all are upset already due to strike. Just due to curiosity I am askin a doubt I was already a written explanation regarding one of my document by ndvo and I feel so that I had convinced them hence I was sended medicals and other documents request. So now is there any chances of interview or other checks?

Pls guide me......

nashe_31

Champion Member
Dec 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London (ISB)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2014
AOR Received.
02-04-2014
File Transfer...
10-04-2014
Med's Request
17-08-2012
Med's Done....
08-12-2013 Re-Med 19-02-2015
Passport Req..
Got an email for bio page of PPs
VISA ISSUED...
DM 06 May, 2015. InShaAllah Soon!
LANDED..........
InShaAllah Soon!
brandyzene said:
Dear all,
I know the time us not right as we all are upset already due to strike. Just due to curiosity I am askin a doubt I was already a written explanation regarding one of my document by ndvo and I feel so that I had convinced them hence I was sended medicals and other documents request. So now is there any chances of interview or other checks?

Pls guide me......
IMHO, you r out of danger zone, as u have submitted the justification and got Medicals as a token that they are satisfied.

Hanasal

Star Member
Jun 27, 2013
Does anyone know how long it is taking nowadays for the medicals to be received after getting them done. Used to be three weeks before.

Gondal the great

Star Member
Jun 10, 2012
Glasgow
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12th Dec 2011
Doc's Request.
Additional doc request on 13 June 2013
AOR Received.
14-02-2012
IELTS Request
already sent
File Transfer...
dont know but it's in LVO as I saw it personally during my interview
Med's Request
8th July 2013
Med's Done....
12-07-2013.....my kids done on 22-07-2013, medical receieved in ecase 28-07-13
Interview........
13-06-2013
Passport Req..
22-11-2013 and Decision Made Line added on 6-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2013
LANDED..........
Ma Sha Allah 13th January 2014
Hanasal said:
Does anyone know how long it is taking nowadays for the medicals to be received after getting them done. Used to be three weeks before.
Did medical on 22-07-2013 and they got in on 28-07-2013.
showing in ecase

brandyzene

Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ndvo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nashe_31 said:
IMHO, you r out of danger zone, as u have submitted the justification and got Medicals as a token that they are satisfied.
R u sure as I hv heard dey may stage an interview anytim b4 visa stamping?

umerafzaal12

Star Member
Mar 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-12-2010
Doc's Request.
23-09-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with initial application.
File Transfer...
In Process 04-03-2011
Med's Request
2-10-2012
Med's Done....
12-11-2012 MR received line on December 2012.
Interview........
NO
Anyone got some update on strike?