+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

medical query-eligible for express entry with score 480,but have polio in legs

simple25

Oct 1, 2016
Can someone advise my friend has polio in both legs, he is working and have experience in IT job with M.tech and CLB 10 and have score of 480 in Express entry, he is very healthy and can perform very well in Canada,he uses three wheeler auto bike for work, would there be any issue while at PR application stage by visa officer under medical issue of polio in both legs.any reply would be highly appreciated.

chevalcriostoir

Star Member
Jul 21, 2016
The three main reasons for a Medical Refusal are:
Threat to public health or safety (Infectious)
Excessive burden on Health Services (i.e. If they require treatment that costs money)
Having a condition on the non-acceptable list (Tuberculosis, Untreated Syphilis plus a few others)

I don't know much about polio- but there is a section on the IRCC site about medical refusals though and it lists everything in detail.
If there's a high medical cost- that is usually what they dislike most as the Health Service is strapped already here, they don't want to have to pay for you.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
simple25 said:
Can someone advise my friend has polio in both legs, he is working and have experience in IT job with M.tech and CLB 10 and have score of 480 in Express entry, he is very healthy and can perform very well in Canada,he uses three wheeler auto bike for work, would there be any issue while at PR application stage by visa officer under medical issue of polio in both legs.any reply would be highly appreciated.
Maybe, his condition could be assessed (now or potentially in the future) as "excessive cost" - but that's not an automatic refusal. If that happened, he would be asked to demonstrate what he could/would do to cover the costs himself. For example, he could buy long-term care insurance...

He won't know unless/until he applies.

jas88

Apr 27, 2017
Category........
FSW
hi,m having polio too,worried alot for dis,wats ur frnd upto dese days,has he cleared medical!plz reply

lino82

Apr 12, 2017
NOC Code......
yesterday I saw a post in this forum where someone who had a renal transplant surgery being issued fairness letter(by CIC) asking him to submit a reply as the doctor had recommended rejection of the PR application...
It says that CIC do not outright reject any applications...They do only if it poses potential threat or excessive (above average) burden on Govt for medical expenses if someone with an ailment is issued PR...
It all depends on the medical examiner's assessment of the cost of (any future)treatment that govt may have to bear...I do not know much about polio treatment and my understanding is that there aren't excessive continuing medical expenses...
I would suggest you proceed and wait for their response...

Best wishes...