+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical inadmissibility rules changes

forestj

Feb 5, 2019
Then I would wait to see if you f you get a procedural fairness letter before higher a lawyer. If you get a pfl then a lawyer can help.
Yes this is what I would do. I was hoping to find an approximate cost of hiring a lawyer to help with a pfl, from those who may have done the same. Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I want to ask a question.
While i Was filling canada forms, there is a statuary question about serious disease.
I had a VSD Closure through open heart surgery almost 15 years ago when i was a child and i am not receiving any medication for it neither before the surgery nor after the surgery. Should I Select "Yes" or "No" Under this question. Your kind help is required.
Is it due to a disease or was it just to fix a congenital abnormality? If you don’t have a disease the answer is no.

olaidetitus

Nov 3, 2019
I'm intere
Hello. My case is as follow: I have a hepatitis B with very low viral load (never exceed 500) and sometime indetectable. By mistake I was put on oral treatment (Tenofovir only). And this currently allows to maintain my viral load to undetectable level. The liver and blood tests are all good. Also I have controls max 2 times a year if not once a year. What are my chances of passing the medical check especially since the new threshold is around $ 19600.

Controls are: ultrasound, blood test, viral load check

Thanks for your reply
Hello,
I'm interested in the outcome of your medical exam? Please have you undergone the exams and was there any issue?

Please reply

Iezspice

Star Member
Apr 12, 2019
Hi guys, my medical says "has condition which reasonably expected to cause excessive demand on health or social services". M5. And it says "referred to DN for review of M5 medical".. what does this mean? I know M5 means inadmissible on medical grounds? What's the " referred to DN for review" mean?
Hi
What's the update on your application now. Did u clear the medicals and got pr. Tia

Ib4life

Dec 16, 2018
Hello.my spouse has M5 in Medicals under GCM notes..Every other things g/stage is ok.please what do you advice.my EE application is one year now.No response. Why is it taking so long?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello.my spouse has M5 in Medicals under GCM notes..Every other things g/stage is ok.please what do you advice.my EE application is one year now.No response. Why is it taking so long?
You are going to get a PFL. Covid has delayed everything.

Ib4life

Dec 16, 2018
How do one address a PFL? Has anyone successfully addressed a procedural fairness letter? Please help me

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
How do one address a PFL? Has anyone successfully addressed a procedural fairness letter? Please help me
Would suggest hiring a lawyer who has experience with PFL for medical inadmissability. Your buggest issue is that kidney disease and the potential need for dialslysis or a transplant is one of the things that CIC looks for because it is so expensive.

Ib4life

Dec 16, 2018
Would suggest hiring a lawyer who has experience with PFL for medical inadmissability. Your buggest issue is that kidney disease and the potential need for dialslysis or a transplant is one of the things that CIC looks for because it is so expensive.
Thank you so much for your reply.An oncologist gave a prognosis that 5 year survival rate without renal replacement is good and drugs should be Bp drugs. TB quantification test came out negative. I am hoping for a good response from Cic

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you so much for your reply.An oncologist gave a prognosis that 5 year survival rate without renal replacement is good and drugs should be Bp drugs. TB quantification test came out negative. I am hoping for a good response from Cic
So there is also a cancer diagnosis? That would also factor in. The CIC doctor will also make their determination based on lab results.

Ib4life

Dec 16, 2018
So there is also a cancer diagnosis? That would also factor in. The CIC doctor will also make their determination based on lab results.
I do not totally agree with the diagnosis as MRI scan only gave a report without evidence of scan picture. It was a referral to a nephrologist who sent us to the scan centre...a new facility looking for work.

Reactions: HP_CAN