+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical exam Serum Creatinine 1.44 and eGFR is 66 - Express Entry

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Hey ! Did they ask your spouse for a nephrologist note and treatment plan if any ? If you don’t mind which were her/ his numbers? I’m on the same boat. Thanks
Hi

Yes they asked for such a note & projections in the next 5 yrs and 10 yrs on what kind of care would be needed

ndoan95

Star Member
Aug 3, 2022
Dear all, I got my upfront medical exam today and these are the only abnormalities I have:
1) Creatinine 102, reference range 60 - 110.00, unit umol/L
2) eGFR 83, reference range 60 - 999999.99, unit mL/min/1.73m*2

and here is the attached doctor note:
Consistent with midly decreased kidney function. However, in the absence of other evidence of kidney disease, eGFR values in this range do not
fulfill the KDIGO criteria for chronic kidney disease. Interpret results in concert with ACR measurement.

I am very anxious and will see a doctor soon. However, for immigration purpose, could someone please give some advice about all the possible outcomes. I have seen people with CKD grade 2 passed the medical check, which gives me hopes, however, it is a case-by-case basis I believe. Thank you very much.

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Dear all, I got my upfront medical exam today and these are the only abnormalities I have:
1) Creatinine 102, reference range 60 - 110.00, unit umol/L
2) eGFR 83, reference range 60 - 999999.99, unit mL/min/1.73m*2

and here is the attached doctor note:
Consistent with midly decreased kidney function. However, in the absence of other evidence of kidney disease, eGFR values in this range do not
fulfill the KDIGO criteria for chronic kidney disease. Interpret results in concert with ACR measurement.

I am very anxious and will see a doctor soon. However, for immigration purpose, could someone please give some advice about all the possible outcomes. I have seen people with CKD grade 2 passed the medical check, which gives me hopes, however, it is a case-by-case basis I believe. Thank you very much.
you should be ok.
If you receive a furtherance request, go meet a nephrologist and get a doctor;s note as asked.

Reactions: ndoan95
Oct 12, 2023
Hi everyone, am 31 years old, Male. Had a history of Acute Kidney Injury in 2017. My secrum creatinine as been normal ever since. Because I do the test twice a year. Now I went for my medical and got the result today and my secrum creatinine is borderline high at 1.5mg/dL, putting the estimated GFR by CKD-EPI at 63mL/min/1.73m.

Same day I went in for the test, I did the same test at 2 other different labs, Note: same day, and the result came as 0.9 and 1.15 . A huge difference from the embassy suggested lab.

please advice, do you think my application will be approved or I can ask the lab to redo the test and update the embassy for me ?

Sa3ed

Nov 19, 2022
Depends where r u located. For example, I did mine in UAE, the center was strict, and they even refused to repeat the Blood Pressure check. Specially if it’s online, where they upload figures on spot in the medical portal. I guess you have to wait for the feedback from IRCC, they are going to ask for nephrologists report. There, u maybe can show the two new test you did, and try to convince the doctor to ask for another blood test, and by then, he can upload the new readings along with his report or even his own report of its positive, it’s gonna be enough. They’ll ask what’s the expectation for needing a dialysis or transplant in the coming 5-10 years. I suggest you take care of your protein input, drink more water and get ready until your next appointment. All the best.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hi everyone, am 31 years old, Male. Had a history of Acute Kidney Injury in 2017. My secrum creatinine as been normal ever since. Because I do the test twice a year. Now I went for my medical and got the result today and my secrum creatinine is borderline high at 1.5mg/dL, putting the estimated GFR by CKD-EPI at 63mL/min/1.73m.

Same day I went in for the test, I did the same test at 2 other different labs, Note: same day, and the result came as 0.9 and 1.15 . A huge difference from the embassy suggested lab.

please advice, do you think my application will be approved or I can ask the lab to redo the test and update the embassy for me ?
IRCC will only take into consideration their own medical panel and not other private tests. You have to wait for correspondence from IRCC...
They are not allowed to repeat tests until directed by IRCC.

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021

Wait for the center to review the results
My spouse had high creat as well

Based on your reports, upon Review, if IRCC needs anything, they will send a furtherance request to the Panel Physician indicating what is needed & you will get an email to the email ID on file asking to meet the Panel again

Wait for that communication

mkhan420

Feb 2, 2024
My creatinine is 114 umol/L which is 1.29 ml . My eGFR is 77. My panel physician called me to redo the exam again as it was high than normal range( 60 -110) umol/L . I am bit tensed now. Will It be an issue further by IRCC.

Passed my medicals