+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical exam Serum Creatinine 1.44 and eGFR is 66 - Express Entry

Sa3ed

Nov 19, 2022
Is there anyone here able to pass the medical and aquire working visa even with ckd or protenuria?

Thank you
I had my test done. Creatinine 116, with CKD. I received referral letter (the want to know eGFR and if i need treatment within 5-10 yrs). Waiting appointment with nephrologist next week… I’m really worried what he’ll indicate because his words will be the judge of my application…

Pius23

Sep 27, 2020
I had my test done. Creatinine 116, with CKD. I received referral letter (the want to know eGFR and if i need treatment within 5-10 yrs). Waiting appointment with nephrologist next week… I’m really worried what he’ll indicate because his words will be the judge of my application…
You have creatinine 116? in what units? that should be normal ,the range is 50 -120umol/L)

Sa3ed

Nov 19, 2022
You have creatinine 116? in what units? that should be normal ,the range is 50 -120umol/L)
Yes as per the hospital it’s normal… (as per calculator, eGFR should make 68%) but because the panel physician mentioned I have CKD stage 2, I think canada medical officer is worried… they referred me to nephrologist. They want to know if i need renal replacement… I am not sure what will be the approach of the doctor… I tried to change doctor (in different hospital) as I have one managing my case who’s solid about me not needing anything within 5-10 yrs, but the panel physician insisted that it must be fone in the same hospital. I’m waiting with anxiety…

Reactions: BA101

Pius23

Sep 27, 2020
Yes as per the hospital it’s normal… (as per calculator, eGFR should make 68%) but because the panel physician mentioned I have CKD stage 2, I think canada medical officer is worried… they referred me to nephrologist. They want to know if i need renal replacement… I am not sure what will be the approach of the doctor… I tried to change doctor (in different hospital) as I have one managing my case who’s solid about me not needing anything within 5-10 yrs, but the panel physician insisted that it must be fone in the same hospital. I’m waiting with anxiety…
I see, You will be fine,

Sa3ed

Nov 19, 2022
Hopefully… thank you very much…
If anyone who has similar condition, it’ll be good to share feedback…
I have seen the Nephrologist as per referral letter. He asked for blood, urine tests and to see cardiology. I did all including ECHO and Stress Test (Treadmill). All were okay even creatinine was 106 mmol/l, but still doctor mentioned follow up with Nephrologist every 3 months and Neurologist & Cardiologist every year… now I’m concerned as this might be an excuse for excessive demand because it may increase waiting time as per IRCC definitions… anyone with similar experience/conditions ?

Sa3ed

Nov 19, 2022
Just to update whoever still in the process and worried… I just passed medical with CKD Stage 2.

Reactions: ndoan95

Pauljoy07

Mar 23, 2023
Hello can I ask if I have a chance to go to Canada for working visa if I have CKD my creatine was 185 and my eGpr is 41 there are a chance to aprrove my application?

Thank you for giving some idea for this condition thanks

Sa3ed

Nov 19, 2022
Hello can I ask if I have a chance to go to Canada for working visa if I have CKD my creatine was 185 and my eGpr is 41 there are a chance to aprrove my application?

Definitely you have chance as long as your physician clear your nephrology report. IRCC will require his opinion on your condition in a 5-10 yrs look ahead. If he says you need treatment, then they’ll most probably do their calculations for cost of treatment. In this case it’s hard to judge.
If he cleared you, you’ll most probably pass with no issue.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020

Ok so it depends upon IRCC medical panel. Discuss it with your doc, IRCC takes into consideration that one's health is not a burden on society or economy. Are you on any medication, if yes make sure you get its quote as per Canadian market as you will be asked for it.

Reactions: ndoan95 and BA101

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Just to update whoever still in the process and worried… I just passed medical with CKD Stage 2.
This is incredible! Thank you for sharing. Going through a similar situation where the spouse has NO CKD but just elevated Creatinine. Hoping to clear meds.

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Definitely you have chance as long as your physician clear your nephrology report. IRCC will require his opinion on your condition in a 5-10 yrs look ahead. If he says you need treatment, then they’ll most probably do their calculations for cost of treatment. In this case it’s hard to judge.
If he cleared you, you’ll most probably pass with no issue.
Yes this is exactly what was asked by IRCC - A nephro note & treatment plan if any as a projection in next 5 years

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021

They may ask for a remedical in 2 notes and in the meanwhile have a Nephro look at you and run some tests like a Renal Doppler/Renal Biopsy as necessary to find out anything else that is needed. This will be purely the discretion of the Nephrologist though

Jean900

May 2, 2023
Yes this is exactly what was asked by IRCC - A nephro note & treatment plan if any as a projection in next 5 years
Hey ! Did they ask your spouse for a nephrologist note and treatment plan if any ? If you don’t mind which were her/ his numbers? I’m on the same boat. Thanks