Medical Exam Passed to You do not need a medical exam

vorador

Star Member
Aug 25, 2018
Guys, this might help.

The change in your medical result could be because of two reasons:

1. Your medical is sent for extension to the Ottawa head office
2. You will be asked to do your medical exam again

this happened to me. my medicals were extended.
Did you get PPR? What is your visa validity?

REDDY458

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
Guys, this might help.

Hello,

How long did Ottawa head office took to extend your medicals after its expired and how long they extend it for?

My medicals expired on Dec 20, 2018 and status changed "You do not need Medical exam" on Dec 21, 2018. What will be the status of Medicals once they extend?

Please let me know.

Thanks.

Asher7

Star Member
Jan 2, 2019
Is it normal for the status to say you have passed the medical exam and then change to you no longer need a medical test. My uci number has changed and progress bar shows 4 months and adr was asked form A personalhistory I have submitted the same. My medical were done two months ago so are valid. I had done the medical with a different EE no then withdrew that application created a ne wine and submitted the more ITA. Was advised that the medicals as done recently are valid. Please help

CanAspirant2018

Star Member
Apr 12, 2018
Hello,

How long did Ottawa head office took to extend your medicals after its expired and how long they extend it for
Not sure

My medicals expired on Dec 20, 2018 and status changed "You do not need Medical exam" on Dec 21, 2018. What will be the status of Medicals once they extend?
In my case medical got expired on November 28th 2018. My medical status changed to you don't need medical on December 4th.
They have requested for a remedical on Dec 11.

So most probably you will get a re med request soon.

adlanco

Dec 18, 2013
Hi All,

My AOR is November 2017, my Medical expired on October 2018 and I’m under SS since July 2018.

I requested for an extention to my Medical on November 2018 and it was extended today for another year (it took 2 months).

In regards to the status this what happen:
Medical passed —> not required (when expired)—> Medical passed (Today after extention)

I have a question: will the extention of Medical means that the SS is complete or they are not related?

RR9187

Dec 3, 2018
Please help:

I had a medical report dated 18 Jan 2018. My AOR is 3 Dec 2018, I submitted same medical. My medical was passed on 14 Jan 2019.

Just to be safe I redid my medical exam. on 19 Jan 2019. My status was 'Passed' till yesterday, today morning on 21 Jan my status changed to 'You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.'

Should I wait for the query/email? Please advise what should I do.

Last edited:

Kaveh86

Star Member
Nov 27, 2017
Category........
FSW
Guys, I received Passport Request letter on Jan 8th and I submitted my passport the next day. However, my medical was expired on Jan 6th and after a few days, the status in front of medical exam changed to "You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes."

I contacted the local visa office and they are saying that they are waiting for my medical extension results. Once they receive it they will issue Visa and COPR. Do you know how long it takes normally for IRCC to extend the medical? It's been already 5 days since the status in front of my medical has changed and I guess they have not extended it yet. I think my case is a first since they always deal with medicals first and then send PPR but in my case, after sending PPR they realized my medical needs extension.

Kaveh86

Star Member
Nov 27, 2017
Category........
FSW
Guys, this might help.

How long it took them to extend it in your case?

RR9187

Dec 3, 2018
Guys, this might help.

Could you please let us know how did you come to this conclusion? You called them? What happened in your case. Please.

Aug 16, 2016
Hi,
On my wife's express entry portal, it shows the change to "medical exam is not needed" from "passed medical exam." What does this mean? She received the AOR on February 8, 2018, and passed the medical exam on February 17. I, along with my family, am in Canada with study permit, and we took the medical exam on February 7, 2018. My wife is the primary applicant with me and my son as dependents. The following is the application status on my wife's portal:

Application status: We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results: You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents: We do not need additional documents.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Please let me know what should we expect next.
Thank you so much.
Hi there,

Did anything change with the medical status?

Aug 16, 2016
the same also happened to me. my medical has expired in march so probably they will ask to redo it. but I don't know when because in March I also had an interview which I cleared.. any body who can guide me in this context, how much more time will they take?

Hi there, did you hear back from them on the medicals?