SAS2679

Dec 18, 2018
College : Humber & Sheridan
Course: Marketing Management
Intake : Sept 2019
Ielts score: 8.0
Date of application: Sheridan -14th Oct , Humber - 14th Nov
Updates: Received offer letter from Humber
Congrats !!! Could you tell us your GPA, just to get an idea of what Humber is looking for

AmrinderK

Star Member
Sep 4, 2018
hlw guys , does anybody know about the Toronto campus of Lambton college , the quality of education received and degree for better job prospects ?

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
hlw guys , does anybody know about the Toronto campus of Lambton college , the quality of education received and degree for better job prospects ?
The campus is smaller than other colleges in Toronto with not as many fatalities. On the other hand, Lambton tends to have lower fees compared to other colleges in Toronto. In Canada, there is no such thing as placement so your choice of college does not really matter as long as your program has good courses and has a co-op option. You need to to do research and decide which college is good for your course.

For me in my course of Marketing Management, I personally felt that they were dragging the program for 2 years by adding filler courses compared to other colleges, their fees are not much different from other colleges if you calculate for a 2 year period. The program is only in Toronto which tends to be disproportionately filled with International students ( they even mention this as a disadvantage so I am not being very picky ). They have this program in what they call a " Student-Centered Hybrid Learning Approach" but that actually means you are having to attend less classes. This means that they take more money and can have more students in the facilities ( some people like these 2-3 day colleges but I don't ). The final nail in the coffin for me is that they only go through agents which is an immediate red flag for me. So personally I would rule out Lambton but that is my personal preference.

AmrinderK

Star Member
Sep 4, 2018
The campus is smaller than other colleges in Toronto with not as many fatalities. On the other hand, Lambton tends to have lower fees compared to other colleges in Toronto. In Canada, there is no such thing as placement so your choice of college does not really matter as long as your program has good courses and has a co-op option. You need to to do research and decide which college is good for your course.

For me in my course of Marketing Management, I personally felt that they were dragging the program for 2 years by adding filler courses compared to other colleges, their fees are not much different from other colleges if you calculate for a 2 year period. The program is only in Toronto which tends to be disproportionately filled with International students ( they even mention this as a disadvantage so I am not being very picky ). They have this program in what they call a " Student-Centered Hybrid Learning Approach" but that actually means you are having to attend less classes. This means that they take more money and can have more students in the facilities ( some people like these 2-3 day colleges but I don't ). The final nail in the coffin for me is that they only go through agents which is an immediate red flag for me. So personally I would rule out Lambton but that is my personal preference.
thanks for clearance selvakk, I would rule out fees point because what matters to me is good course and thereafter high opportunities for jobs. and yes your point for proportion of international students admitted is definitely true which is why I got confused about the college. once again thanks for clearance.

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
thanks for clearance selvakk, I would rule out fees point because what matters to me is good course and thereafter high opportunities for jobs. and yes your point for proportion of international students admitted is definitely true which is why I got confused about the college. once again thanks for clearance.
If you get Lambton in Sarnia I would recommend it as that's their main campus. I would think twice if you only have the Toronto campus as your only option. Also forgot to mention that their campuses in Toronto and Mississauga are contracted to 3rd party colleges so while you do get a certificate from Lambton Sarnia your actual course won't be delivered by them and nothing good comes from outsourcing work.

AmrinderK

Star Member
Sep 4, 2018
If you get Lambton in Sarnia I would recommend it as that's their main campus. I would think twice if you only have the Toronto campus as your only option. Also forgot to mention that their campuses in Toronto and Mississauga are contracted to 3rd party colleges so while you do get a certificate from Lambton Sarnia your actual course won't be delivered by them and nothing good comes from outsourcing work.
Sarnia campus is private ri8?

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
Sarnia campus is private ri8?
No. Sarnia college is a public college, for their Toronto and Mississauga campuses they have tied up with private colleges to teach the students while they supply the curriculum. You will get a degree from Lambton College which is a public college but you will be taught by a private college.

AmrinderK

Star Member
Sep 4, 2018
No. Sarnia college is a public college, for their Toronto and Mississauga campuses they have tied up with private colleges to teach the students while they supply the curriculum. You will get a degree from Lambton College which is a public college but you will be taught by a private college.
ohkkk...got it