+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May AOR 2017 - Join here.

Inuktun

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
Bro all I know from my experience is that a cic call centre agent is the last option you want to depend on. These people are a total waste of taxpayers money. They will never give you precise information. My question is for what good are you if you are only gonna read me my status which i can already read myself on mycic? this call centre needs to be permanently closed for taxpayers sake!!!
@Yogesh96 I can understand your anger and frustration about the call center. But CIC has set its own time limit for processing the permanent residency application which is 6 months and we keep bugging them to know our application status before that time limit. And say for example they will keep us updated about every action they are taking towards each individual application then can u imagine how much chaos it will create. I would probably call them 10 times daily to know my application status. I can understand a lot of mismanagement is happening from CIC towards the processing of the applications. Again for us, it is a mismanagement but for them, it's a process and in reality, we don't know what is the actual process. My friend, trust me patience will definitely pay off. I received my PPR within 3 months of AOR never called the call center never emailed CIC to know about my visa office. We have deliberately chosen Canada as our home Canada has not chosen us. So have a little more patience it will definitely pay off and personally, I'll pray for your speedy PPR. Cheers, it's a weekend...:)

Inuktun

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
Thanks....my wife did her medical December last year....so if the medical is valid till one year then she is good till December this year...hope everything turns out ok
@SKR1988.. It will...don't worry..rest be assured PPR is on the way as your timeline starts from May..cheers..:)

kimi_pat

Star Member
May 2, 2017
By God's grace got the PPR request mail yesterday around 6 pm EST ( Toronto time )

Details
CEC Inland
AOR: 31st May
MEP: 07th Aug
IP1 / IP2: 07th Aug
No more updates since then
Called CIC on 25th Sep , was told BG and Security is pending and eligibility is recommended passed
VO: Ottawa
PPR: 29th Sep

Planning to submit passport soon, thanks everyone for the talks and hopefully everyone else waiting will see their PPR mail soon.

Regards
Riyas Siraj
Congratulations bro!

kimi_pat

Star Member
May 2, 2017
I am in the same situation,

CEC, inland. 1 year of Canadian experience plus Canadian education.
AOR: 16 May
Med passed 28 July
Additional document are under review (I did not send any additional document!)
BG: NA

I called them today, said your security check does not start even!!!!
I am too worry !!!
I have the same status.

AOR - May 21st
Med Passed - Aug 2nd
Background - NA since Aug 8th

The wait is killing me. I dont know how long it will take for us to get PPR!

Yogesh96

Star Member
May 24, 2017
@Yogesh96 I can understand your anger and frustration about the call center. But CIC has set its own time limit for processing the permanent residency application which is 6 months and we keep bugging them to know our application status before that time limit. And say for example they will keep us updated about every action they are taking towards each individual application then can u imagine how much chaos it will create. I would probably call them 10 times daily to know my application status. I can understand a lot of mismanagement is happening from CIC towards the processing of the applications. Again for us, it is a mismanagement but for them, it's a process and in reality, we don't know what is the actual process. My friend, trust me patience will definitely pay off. I received my PPR within 3 months of AOR never called the call center never emailed CIC to know about my visa office. We have deliberately chosen Canada as our home Canada has not chosen us. So have a little more patience it will definitely pay off and personally, I'll pray for your speedy PPR. Cheers, it's a weekend...:)
I get your point too bro. This is the very nature of the job which they already knew before getting into it. Infact its the nature of any call centre job. What I don’t undertand is.. if they are giving out information in written as gcms notes why would they hesitate giving it just a litte but precise verbally over the phone. If they tell you some proper info once and for all then what is the point of calling them 10 times a day. :) well i guess on both sides frustration plays a big role. Lol

Joshjo

Apr 15, 2017
Sorry IrenaIrena, I did not understand. So According to email it says if me and all dependents are here we can send it to CPC-Ottawa. but my husband is in US so my question was can he send his package to ottawa from US and I send mine from here?

@Joshjo: Did you get any replies on your case?
Not exactly
I called CIC and was told his files has been transferred to Ghana and that he would here from them shortly.
Fingers crossed- waiting to hear from them

lkorice

Jun 5, 2017
Bro all I know from my experience is that a cic call centre agent is the last option you want to depend on. These people are a total waste of taxpayers money. They will never give you precise information. My question is for what good are you if you are only gonna read me my status which i can already read myself on mycic? this call centre needs to be permanently closed for taxpayers sake!!!
Calm down, my friend. They are human, not machines. Be chill~
To be honest, no one force you to apply for PR in Canada. Have some little faith, my friend

Reactions: Wandering Mind

jackappan

Star Member
Jul 17, 2012
chill bro. 2 years ago before express entry , whole processing time took almost one year or more. Now after express entry the processing time is like 6 months. Morevoer applicants are updated everytime about their applications through immitracker, canadavisaforum, gcm notes etc. The office is short staffed. They are even being nice to attend to the call and give u some answers about the application even when it is going through the process less than 6 months. I just emailed them so ask to why the ECAS was showing additional document request when they didnt send any email. Other than that what do you expect from them. You are not even a citizen of canada. Moreover this year they are processing record number of applications . Order gcm notes so that you will exactly know where your applications are .

Last edited:
Reactions: Wandering Mind

isingh9

Aug 28, 2017
Wooohooo! Ready for visa email :)

AOR : May 17 ( CEC Inland.)
Medical passed : 28 July.
RCMP Requested : 28 July
RCMP Submitted and status was changed in ADRW after 3-4 days
Back Ground Check :: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
PPR : 29September

I mailed CPC Ottawa on this Monday and on Tuesday they gave the standard reply. I called CIC on Thursday and they told me that my file is complete and i can expect PPR any time soon.

Guys !! Wishing you all Speedy PPR. Have a great weekend.

IamNew

Aug 15, 2017
Thanks for the update! I'm a May 28th FSW-O too!
I've tried to call the 1-888-242-2100, but it seems they don't accept international calls (the call drops automatically after ringing once) .
Did you call your LVO or this number? Via a regular phone?
Hi ,
Try this number:
00 1 (613) 944-4000
I got connected after multiple attempts. It's very difficult to get information from them as they are bit reluctant to give info for FSW candidates. Ask very specific questions and if the agent is good , you might get some answers. Also try calling them by 8 or 8:30 a.m.

They immediately picked up my call, but later put me on hold for 40 mins..

Boviesam

Jun 21, 2015
AOR Received.
06-05-2017
Hello guys
Got my BOWP approved yesterday. Moved in IP2 on Sep 27. How long until PPR?
Any chance of rejection now?

gurik

Champion Member
Apr 29, 2016
Category........
Other
Currently Ottawa.
Do you think ordering GCMS notes might nudge them to look into my application again?
Some people certainly believe this, but I think it will give you exact idea as to what is happening with your application. So yes, its better to order.

Reactions: IamNew