+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May AOR 2017 - Join here.

fdelacerda

Star Member
Sep 6, 2017
By God's grace got the PPR request mail yesterday around 6 pm EST ( Toronto time )

Details
CEC Inland
AOR: 31st May
MEP: 07th Aug
IP1 / IP2: 07th Aug
No more updates since then
Called CIC on 25th Sep , was told BG and Security is pending and eligibility is recommended passed
VO: Ottawa
PPR: 29th Sep

Planning to submit passport soon, thanks everyone for the talks and hopefully everyone else waiting will see their PPR mail soon.

Regards
Riyas Siraj
Congratulations!! Thanks for your words of encouragement!

IamNew

Aug 15, 2017
Aor: 28th May, FSW-O

So, I called CIC today, and the agent told me that it might exceed the 6 month timeline for me to receive PPR. She told that eligibility seems okay and there are no red flags and currently my travel history form that was asked from me on 28th July is being processed. Sad part is that I don't have any travel history at all..

Looks like my application was parked for two months!

She told that there are huge numbers of applications under FSW and very less number of agents to process them hence the delay. According to her 6-8 months is the current FSW processing time.

Well seems like this wait in never gonna end!

inderpal

Jan 30, 2017
India
Category........
Med's Done....
29-06-2017

So, I called CIC today, and the agent told me that it might exceed the 6 month timeline for me to receive PPR. She told that eligibility seems okay and there are no red flags and currently my travel history form that was asked from me on 28th July is being processed. Sad part is that I don't have any travel history at all..

She told that there are huge numbers of applications under FSW and very less number of agents to process them hence the delay. According to her 6-8 months is the current FSW processing time.

Where did you call NDVO OR OTTAWA?

fdelacerda

Star Member
Sep 6, 2017

Thanks for the update! I'm a May 28th FSW-O too!
I've tried to call the 1-888-242-2100, but it seems they don't accept international calls (the call drops automatically after ringing once) .
Did you call your LVO or this number? Via a regular phone?

Last edited:

gurik

Champion Member
Apr 29, 2016
Category........
Other

Hi, can you please tell where is your file being processed? Visa Office?

SKR1988

May 17, 2016
Hello Guys,

Anyone who can help me out here. My medical was showing passed after August 8th but when i checked yesterday it changed back to we are reviewing your medical exam. Any suggestions what this might be i am really scared right now. My time line is:

CEC Inland Applicant
May 25th AOR
Medical Passed : 8th August
Medical Changed to under review : 28th Sept
BG and Eligibility status: We are reviewing

Any help or suggestions will be helpful.

Thanks

Riyas Siraj

May 27, 2013
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
ITA - Apr 05, 2017
AOR Received.
05-31-2017
IELTS Request
IELTS - 8.0
Med's Done....
08-07-2017
Passport Req..
09-28-2017
Hello Guys,

Anyone who can help me out here. My medical was showing passed after August 8th but when i checked yesterday it changed back to we are reviewing your medical exam. Any suggestions what this might be i am really scared right now. My time line is:

CEC Inland Applicant
May 25th AOR

Thanks
Sometimes it does happen, your medical could actually be passed. There was a glitch sometime ago which was messing with the status updates. The best way to confirm will be to call CIC and ask specifically about this.
Could also mean that someone opened your file recently and you might be getting your PPR request soon. From your timeline it looks like it's about time for you to get the mail.

You can order GCMS notes too, but that might take some time. I would say call them and ask specifically about this issue and they should be able to clarify.

Regards
Riyas Siraj

Riyas Siraj

May 27, 2013
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
ITA - Apr 05, 2017
AOR Received.
05-31-2017
IELTS Request
IELTS - 8.0
Med's Done....
08-07-2017
Passport Req..
09-28-2017
Wooohooo! Ready for visa email :)

#MAYcec
Aor: 18th May
Med: 1 August
BG: 1 August "we are processing" never changed after that
ADR: 25th September--> "we do not need any additional documents" (They haven't requested any documents at all).

Ready for Visa email - 28 September after 5 pm.

The profile is showing the same, no change after they sent ready for visa email.

Called them 3-4 times, emailed them 2 times and finally ordered GCMS which will probably come in 15-20 days.

I am not sure..but in my case I wasn't able to see IP1-NA2-IP2..it changed to "We are processing" once and it stayed like that until now.

EVERYONE STAY POSITIVE! pprs are on their waaaaays
Thank you for sharing your information and encouraging each other;)
Congrats Altim, got my mail yesterday too.

srujju

Jan 4, 2012
I just called cic to update my email address. I also asked them about the status of my application..

The agent was very friendly, but the information I got was very confusing and worrisome.

The agent put me on hold for almost 4 mins and told me that unfortunately she cannot give me more information (other than what they gave me on sep 5th she mentioned )on my file for some reasons(I do not know what those reasons are)..
She said, for eligibility, the officer has to review. it is under review Now, I'm super worried now..

(btw My GCMS notes says I'm recommend passed, but some information was withheld and I see s(16)(1) on top .. I got this notes almost 20 days ago..)

I asked her whether I'm in regular processing times, she said '' I know most of the applications will get decision by this time, but for some applications it may take time.. we do not need any additional information from you right now, you may get decision within the regulatory timeline, but is not always guaranteed .. The officer will contact you if we need anything or you will see update if we have any update on your file" ..

does it mean something bad going on or any red flag on my file?? did anyone get similar kind of response on phone and got PPR approved..
My GCMS notes shows nothing other than some information hidden.. Moreover my file is straight forward.. 1 year of Canadian experience plus Canadian education.

last but one update was on June 6th ( Eligibility : Recommend pass, criminality : pass, medicals : pass , and security : not started)

last update was on Aug 23rd ( according to gcms notes) , other reqs: started

fatemeh1357

Mar 10, 2017
I just called cic to update my email address. I also asked them about the status of my application..

The agent was very friendly, but the information I got was very confusing and worrisome.

The agent put me on hold for almost 4 mins and told me that unfortunately she cannot give me more information (other than what they gave me on sep 5th she mentioned )on my file for some reasons(I do not know what those reasons are)..
She said, for eligibility, the officer has to review. it is under review Now, I'm super worried now..

(btw My GCMS notes says I'm recommend passed, but some information was withheld and I see s(16)(1) on top .. I got this notes almost 20 days ago..)

I asked her whether I'm in regular processing times, she said '' I know most of the applications will get decision by this time, but for some applications it may take time.. we do not need any additional information from you right now, you may get decision within the regulatory timeline, but is not always guaranteed .. The officer will contact you if we need anything or you will see update if we have any update on your file" ..

does it mean something bad going on or any red flag on my file?? did anyone get similar kind of response on phone and got PPR approved..
My GCMS notes shows nothing other than some information hidden.. Moreover my file is straight forward.. 1 year of Canadian experience plus Canadian education.

last but one update was on June 6th ( Eligibility : Recommend pass, criminality : pass, medicals : pass , and security : not started)

I am in the same situation,

CEC, inland. 1 year of Canadian experience plus Canadian education.
AOR: 16 May
Med passed 28 July
Additional document are under review (I did not send any additional document!)
BG: NA

I called them today, said your security check does not start even!!!!
I am too worry !!!

Reactions: kimi_pat

bcvancouverbc

Star Member
May 30, 2017
I am in the same situation,

CEC, inland. 1 year of Canadian experience plus Canadian education.
AOR: 16 May
Med passed 28 July
Additional document are under review (I did not send any additional document!)
BG: NA

I called them today, said your security check does not start even!!!!
I am too worry !!!
Same here, aor may 17 cec inland, ip2 on tuesday eagerly waiting for ppr, and I am so tired of waiting killing me.

Yogesh96

Star Member
May 24, 2017

Bro all I know from my experience is that a cic call centre agent is the last option you want to depend on. These people are a total waste of taxpayers money. They will never give you precise information. My question is for what good are you if you are only gonna read me my status which i can already read myself on mycic? this call centre needs to be permanently closed for taxpayers sake!!!

Inuktun

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
Hello Guys,

CEC Inland Applicant
May 25th AOR

Thanks
@SKR1988 This has happened to me when my wife's medical report was about to get expired. First, it showed medical passed then we are reviewing. When is medical going to expire? Secondly, it might be a technical glitch or one of the officers would have opened your file. Stay positive and you are nearing to receive the PPR. So all will be good.

SKR1988

May 17, 2016
@SKR1988 This has happened to me when my wife's medical report was about to get expired. First, it showed medical passed then we are reviewing. When is medical going to expire? Secondly, it might be a technical glitch or one of the officers would have opened your file. Stay positive and you are nearing to receive the PPR. So all will be good.
Thanks....my wife did her medical December last year....so if the medical is valid till one year then she is good till December this year...hope everything turns out ok