+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May AOR 2017 - Join here.

bcvancouverbc

Star Member
May 30, 2017
Yes I'm CEC Inland, AoR May 16th
My BG is NA2 since 15th August
And Medical is till under review since 28th July
So hard to understand what they are actually doing. I have seen NA2 only for couple of hours after ip1 and then it changed to we are processing on the same day.
I really dont know my friend and waiting is killing me. Fingers crossed maybe we can see some news on Friday evening which seems to be a practice by cic.

rmsb0079

Feb 9, 2017
@rmsb0079 they send an email stating the reason for rejection. May I know the reason for asking this particular question. Sorry I didn't follow your earlier comments.Can you plz share your timelines here?
My timeline: -
AOR- May 1st week
I checked next in July 20-25th- Background check in progress (Everything else completed)
I have the same status since then.
Asked IRCC about 10 days back for status and got a response that they sent me an email in July. They cannot disclose the details of the email. (Checked my mailbox- no such email)
They will resend the email which will take about 10-15 days.
I want an idea of what was in the email.

The status is still(today) as shown below:

Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements

Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.

Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents.

Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.

Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.

Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Kushka777

Nov 21, 2016
So hard to understand what they are actually doing. I have seen NA2 only for couple of hours after ip1 and then it changed to we are processing on the same day.
I really dont know my friend and waiting is killing me. Fingers crossed maybe we can see some news on Friday evening which seems to be a practice by cic.
Hi there! I'm in the same exactly position! AOR May 18, IP1 was since August 4 and yesterday it has changed to NA and shortly after to IP2. Getting pretty nervous :)

CEC_SS83

Sep 25, 2017
Today I called CIC customer care to check if I could send the passport without the ready for visa email.

During verification step(s) the CIC CCR did mention all the phone number(s) I added to my profile and the email used in my profile including my work email and put me on hold to verify the status.

In the mean time, I logged into my work email just because CCR mentioned it and found that they have sent \ re-sent the "Ready for Visa" email thrice to my work email.
So, please ensure you verify all the email that you have listed in your profile not just the email that we provided for notifications.

I registered with my personal email ID and all the email communications I've been sending out was also through my personal ID.

hello guys,

First time posting here..

Here’s my timeline
CEC
AOR June 3
IP1 Aug11
Med Sep 05
IP2 Sept18

I sent email an email to CPC Ottawa last week and got reply back saying that my case was approved and ready for visa email was sent on Sep 20.
I filtered my email thoroughly and I do not see any PPR request email. I replied back requesting them to re-send the email.

Do I need to wait for PPR email to send the passport to local visa office?

bcvancouverbc

Star Member
May 30, 2017
Hi there! I'm in the same exactly position! AOR May 18, IP1 was since August 4 and yesterday it has changed to NA and shortly after to IP2. Getting pretty nervous :)
Keep us posted my friend. Have you ever got your gmcs notes or tried to call them and ask about the status of your application?

Kushka777

Nov 21, 2016
Keep us posted my friend. Have you ever got your gmcs notes or tried to call them and ask about the status of your application?
I have ordered GMCS notes the day before yesterday. I hope to get PPR before the notes arrive :) Didn't call, only sent an email and received a standard reply as everybody here.

Inuktun

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
My timeline: -
AOR- May 1st week
I checked next in July 20-25th- Background check in progress (Everything else completed)
I have the same status since then.
Asked IRCC about 10 days back for status and got a response that they sent me an email in July. They cannot disclose the details of the email. (Checked my mailbox- no such email)
They will resend the email which will take about 10-15 days.
I want an idea of what was in the email.

The status is still(today) as shown below:

Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements

Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.

Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents.

Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.

Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.

Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
@rmsb0079 Are you CEC? you are already in IP2...PPR should come any moment now. As your AOR is 1st week of May. I could have told you more precisely if you would have mentioned the dates in your timeline but I'm sure it's IP2. And you know what the suspense email might be PPR who knows. It's strange that CIC is saying now they have sent an email almost 2 months back. if I was you I would have followed the instructions mentioned in the email but simultaneously call the call center and politely just very politely ask them about the query. Don't worry things are going well and you'll receive the PPR soon.Best of luck and all of us here will pray for your speedy PPR...now Smile...:)

Last edited:

Champ.90

Star Member
Oct 4, 2015
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
12-06-2017
AOR Received.
12-06-2017
Passport Req..
25-09-2017
Guys I’ll submit my passport tomorrow morning, can someone plz tell me how long it will take to get back with visa ?

rmsb0079

Feb 9, 2017
@rmsb0079 Are you CEC? you are already in IP2...PPR should come any moment now. As your AOR is 1st week of May. I could have told you more precisely if you would have mentioned the dates in your timeline but I'm sure it's IP2. And you know what the suspense email might be PPR who knows. It's strange that CIC is saying now they have sent an email almost 2 months back. if I was you I would have followed the instructions mentioned in the email but simultaneously call the call center and politely just very politely ask them about the query. Don't worry things are going well and you'll receive the PPR soon.Best of luck and all of us here will pray for your speedy PPR...now Smile...:)
Thanks much for such a positive message! :):) Just one more question if I may, whats the call centre number? Tried connecting to +188824422100 but in vain.

bluesaffron

Star Member
Nov 20, 2016
Quick update - Today - there were two changes on the status...

Before:

Review of additional documents :
We need more documents to continue processing your application. We will send you a message with more details.
Background check: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.

After:

Review of additional documents: We do not need additional documents.
Background check: Not applicable

Not sure what does this update indicates, but some progress I guess...

AOR: May 6, 2017.
Medical passed on July 7.
Request for spouse's FBI PCC on July 12 (which I did not submit initially - because I did not have it at that time).
FBI PCC provided to CIC on July 13.

Last edited:

Champ.90

Star Member
Oct 4, 2015
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
12-06-2017
AOR Received.
12-06-2017
Passport Req..
25-09-2017
Quick update - Today - there were two changes on the status...

Before:

Review of additional documents :
We need more documents to continue processing your application. We will send you a message with more details.
Background check: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.

After:

Review of additional documents: We do not need additional documents.
Background check: Not applicable

Not sure what does this update indicates, but some progress I guess...

AOR: May 6, 2017.
Medical passed on July 7.
Request for spouse's FBI PCC on July 12 (which I did not submit initially - because I did not have it at that time).
FBI PCC provided to CIC on July 13.
Did they mail you to provide marriage pics? If yes then it’s last step

jenkinson

Star Member
Jan 15, 2017
I think the thread is quiet because half of May applicants got PPR already and the other half (including me) are too depressed and anxious because of this wait to even comment anything :(
True dat. And the worst part is, as May applicants, we already had to wait a lot longer than the first quarter folks. Most of us waited for 60+ days for medicals. And now we missed the PPR rain for May. They are moving onto June, July, even August. God knows when it will be our turn again.

I don't relish being a crybaby but this feels like a slap in the face.

Reactions: IamNew and btoronto