+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May AOR 2017 - Join here.

yewwy

Star Member
Jan 25, 2017
Hi Andre, while i am no expert, however, from what people have shared about their notes, you are progressing well.

Before a file is moved to a LVO, the eligibility status is reset as "Not Started". So all is going well and there are no red flags. Relax, hoepfully you will get your PPR soon. Where is your Visa Office?

Hi Guys,
If anyone had a similar situation, please, share with me. IT SEEMS THAT MY ELIGIBILITY WAS MET AT FIRST AND THEN MOBACKWARDS!! =/

Reactions: fdelacerda

luv2read90

Jul 7, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
TVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
AOR Received.
26-05-2017
Hi Guys,

I submitted my application May 24th(CEC) and got medical passed 3rd of August since then no update. Not sure what stage I am in. Anyone else that still doesn't have their background check started yet?

Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you. Help
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. Help
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam. Help
Review of additional documents The additional documents you provided are being reviewed. Help
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. Help
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes. Help
Background check Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check. Help
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
It seems to be IP1... but its almost 4 months. Maybe they have not updated your online portal yet.

Reactions: kiki123

Singh32145

Aug 31, 2017
Hi Guys,

I submitted my application May 24th(CEC) and got medical passed 3rd of August since then no update. Not sure what stage I am in. Anyone else that still doesn't have their background check started yet?

Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you. Help
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. Help
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam. Help
Review of additional documents The additional documents you provided are being reviewed. Help
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. Help
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes. Help
Background check Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check. Help
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
Hi,
Mine is May25th Aor
Only medical passsed in august 15
After no update
Same status in background check as urs
Thnx

fdelacerda

Star Member
Sep 6, 2017
Hi Yewwy,
thanks for your positive reply.

Thanks also for sharing. I didn't know the Eligibility could be reset when they move to different Offices. I thought it'd be a sign of moving "backward", because it was an Officer who changed my status at first to MET, and later on, another Officer changed again without further analysis to "Not Started". It puts my mind at ease, actually!

My case moved from CIE to Primary Officer CPC-Vegreville.

yewwy

Star Member
Jan 25, 2017
Hi Yewwy,
thanks for your positive reply.

Thanks also for sharing. I didn't know the Eligibility could be reset when they move to different Offices. I thought it'd be a sign of moving "backward", because it was an Officer who changed my status at first to MET, and later on, another Officer changed again without further analysis to "Not Started". It puts my mind at ease, actually!

My case moved from CIE to Primary Officer CPC-Vegreville.
Are you FSW inland?

yewwy

Star Member
Jan 25, 2017
Andre i have not heard that before CPC vegreville for FSW Outland? Interesting, well what matters is PPR, can you share your timeline and are you on IP2?

No, I'm not. FSW Outland.
I also thought that "Local" Visa Offices should always be in our countries, however, that's what my GCMS notes said.

suvadeepg

Star Member
Sep 23, 2015
Oh dear, sorry to hear. But you do need upfront medical for all EE streams.
Hi Jilani,

Thanks much for the confirmation as its a bit confusing in CIC website. If you get on the link given below : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/medexams-perm.asp
you will find its also stating to wait for the instructions. But it seems like I need to do my medical upfront but do you you know whom they are referring to wait for instructions on the link I have shared?

suvadeepg

Star Member
Sep 23, 2015
Sorry to hear that...but you require upfront medical examination http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp
Thanks much for the confirmation as its a bit confusing in CIC website. If you get on the link given below : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/medexams-perm.asp
you will find its also stating to wait for the instructions. But it seems like I need to do my medical upfront but do you you know whom they are referring to wait for instructions on the link I have shared?

Feb 25, 2017
Hi guys need help..

I was CEC inland applicant but returned back to my home country few days back.
Day before yesterday I got my PPR mail but in PPR email I was notified to submit passports to CPC Ottawa.
Yesterday I raised a request with CPC Ottawa for allowing to submit passports in my home country and today they replied back with new PPR mail to allow submit passports in home country.

So my question is, while submitting my passport do I have to submit both my PPR email along with it or only the latest one (allowing to submit to home country)??

Can someone please clarify?

fdelacerda

Star Member
Sep 6, 2017
Andre i have not heard that before CPC vegreville for FSW Outland? Interesting, well what matters is PPR, can you share your timeline and are you on IP2?
I've already ordered my second GCMS notes. Let's see the updates in the next fortnight.

My signature is updated (unfortunately). I'm still in NA and haven't heard from them since the 6th of July.
That's what is driving me crazy, but if they want me to wait, let's do it! =)

AOR: 28th May
Meds Pass/IP1: 5th July
NA : 6th July

Inuktun

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
@suvadeepg Ya it's tricky and confusing. I can understand but if you get into the web link it again redirects you to this
""When to get your exam
You have two options for when to get your medical exam. Before you choose one check the application instructions for the program you are applying for."""

When you click "the program" it takes you to different Immigration applications and then you have to choose what you want to apply for. Each immigration application has their own requirements. Hope it is clear to you now...sorry mate.

Last edited:
Reactions: suvadeepg

fdelacerda

Star Member
Sep 6, 2017

I remember that I was also confused with these instructions.
However, what encouraged me to do the Medical exam upfront was the instruction posted on the Electronic Upload page of my application. Over there, in each category, they explained the requirements (in the "help" option) of each document, in which, they explained the Upfront medical requirements and procedures.

I also remember that I was confused when deciding which type of visa to declare. They didn't offer any option as FSW Outland on the e-Medicals. So I had my appointment as "Work Visa" and at the moment my GCMS notes say that my Medical Exams are all fine. So, it seems it was the best option.

Hope it clarifies a bit further.

Reactions: suvadeepg