+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May AOR 2017 - Join here.

jackappan

Star Member
Jul 17, 2012
Yeah. I submitted my application on may 19, just got the news last thursday. M y background check was "background check in progress". I have no control on job description. I just grab it from the company's database :(
WE are processing your background check. We will send you a message when we start your background check. is this the wording. just want to confirm whether you were in ip1 stage. i was wondering why they took them so long to process. i hope they didnt go to criminality and background check first and they did eligibility or review last

Last edited:

SKR1988

May 17, 2016
whats ur timeline ??
Sorry for late reply. I have been busy.

My AOR 25th May 2017
Medical passed 3rd August 2017
had no updates yet

Application status: We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results: You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents: The additional documents you provided are being reviewed.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Reactions: Altim

Inuktun

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
WE are processing your background check. We will send you a message when we start your background check. is this the wording. just want to confirm whether you were in ip1 stage. i was wondering why they took them so long to process. i hope they didnt go to criminality and background check first and they did eligibility or review last
@jackappan It's the visa officer who was supposed to take the final call has done this goof-up...People from May AOR are receiving PPRs in huge numbers. As mentioned by motobunny; he/she submitted the application on May 19th hence it is guaranteed that the application was on IP2. No, not necessarily every applicant is being asked for RCMP check especially CEC inland. CIC is a whirl...what they do they only know.

Altim

Jul 31, 2017
Sorry for late reply. I have been busy.

My AOR 25th May 2017
Medical passed 3rd August 2017
had no updates yet

Application status: We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results: You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents: The additional documents you provided are being reviewed.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
mine is exactly the same.
Med is 1st August, AOR 18th May

Altim

Jul 31, 2017
@jackappan It's the visa officer who was supposed to take the final call has done this goof-up...People from May AOR are receiving PPRs in huge numbers. As mentioned by motobunny; he/she submitted the application on May 19th hence it is guaranteed that the application was on IP2. No, not necessarily every applicant is being asked for RCMP check especially CEC inland. CIC is a whirl...what they do they only know.
I wonder how do you know if the application is in IP2?
I have "we are processing.." since August 1 when the medicals were passed. Does it mean it is in IP2 for 1.5 months?
We are not sure why RCMPs were not requested hmmm.

Inuktun

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
I wonder how do you know if the application is in IP2?
I have "we are processing.." since August 1 when the medicals were passed. Does it mean it is in IP2 for 1.5 months?
We are not sure why RCMPs were not requested hmmm.
@Altim The sequence follows like this...AOR – NA1 – MEP – IP1 – NA2 – IP2 – NA3 – PPR – CoPR... https://immiknowhow.com/2017/07/16/bg-and-medical-status-and-its-meaning-post-aor/ in most of the cases it is difficult to distinguish between NA2 – IP2...looking at motobunny's case his BC was NA2 for the longest period of time...IP1 is the R10 check which usually takes 1-2 days and for you 1.5 months for BC which is very normal as if you read the current feedbacks posted here by other forum members most of them are either in NA2 or IP2. If someone is in longest period for NA2 then IP2 just remains for a couple of days and PPR is issued. Same is the case with IP2...if the application status changes from NA2 to IP2 just in a couple of days then it the longest IP2. Saying so motobunny has not mentioned his/her timeline hence I just analyzed his/her three comments and stated my feedback. As I mentioned earlier...RCMP is not necessarily asked for every CEC inland applicant.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/canada.asp

It will be all good for all of us...just have to stay positive and be patient. Cheers...:)

Altim

Jul 31, 2017
@Altim The sequence follows like this...AOR – NA1 – MEP – IP1 – NA2 – IP2 – NA3 – PPR – CoPR... https://immiknowhow.com/2017/07/16/bg-and-medical-status-and-its-meaning-post-aor/ in most of the cases it is difficult to distinguish between NA2 – IP2...looking at motobunny's case his BC was NA2 for the longest period of time...IP1 is the R10 check which usually takes 1-2 days and for you 1.5 months for BC which is very normal as if you read the current feedbacks posted here by other forum members most of them are either in NA2 or IP2. If someone is in longest period for NA2 then IP2 just remains for a couple of days and PPR is issued. Same is the case with IP2...if the application status changes from NA2 to IP2 just in a couple of days then it the longest IP2. Saying so motobunny has not mentioned his/her timeline hence I just analyzed his/her three comments and stated my feedback. As I mentioned earlier...RCMP is not necessarily asked for every CEC inland applicant.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/canada.asp

It will be all good for all of us...just have to stay positive and be patient. Cheers...:)
Oh all right! I haven't seen other comments hehe. My bgcheck has changed to "We are processing.." and it never showed N/As..so I might even be in IP1 for this whole time!!!
That is why I was wondering if there is a trick of seeing which is IP2 and which is not :D:(

Inuktun

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
Oh all right! I haven't seen other comments hehe. My bgcheck has changed to "We are processing.." and it never showed N/As..so I might even be in IP1 for this whole time!!!
That is why I was wondering if there is a trick of seeing which is IP2 and which is not :D:(
@Altim..I can understand we all are going through the same agony......might be you didn't realize when it got transferred from IP1 to NA2 to again IP2...I don't think we have any tricks to know IP1 or IP2 except if you order GCMS. Can we have your timeline..let's try to find out from that where exactly your application is sitting...rest assured PPR is on the way..take my words...:)

Altim

Jul 31, 2017
@Altim..I can understand we all are going through the same agony......might be you didn't realize when it got transferred from IP1 to NA2 to again IP2...I don't think we have any tricks to know IP1 or IP2 except if you order GCMS. Can we have your timeline..let's try to find out from that where exactly your application is sitting...rest assured PPR is on the way..take my words...:)
Thank you for encouragement!)

Well there is not much to share about my timeline)
AOR 18 May
Medicals 1 August
BG check : we are processing 1 August
No documents requested

Emailed CDC Ottawa,and got generic reply-no news. VO is in Ottawa
Ordered gcms notes few days ago

Inuktun

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
Thank you for encouragement!)

Well there is not much to share about my timeline)
AOR 18 May
Medicals 1 August
BG check : we are processing 1 August
No documents requested

Emailed CDC Ottawa,and got generic reply-no news. VO is in Ottawa
Ordered gcms notes few days ago
@Altim Your AOR is 18 May...I'm sure you can't be in 1P1. Sometimes CIC parks some applications and forgets about them. But you have asked them about your VO and also received a reply (when was that?). You are in NA2 but your profile is showing IP2 it happens in many cases as I mentioned earlier your IP2 will end soon and then PPR. So time to relax and patiently wait for few more days...:)

srujju

Jan 4, 2012
Hi Guys,

I got my PPR today @10pm EST...

Here's my timeline:

AOR May 31st
Medicals passed Aug 5th
NA2 august 7th

No IP2, directly got PPR

CEC Inland....
Congrats :) .. so your profile still says "N/A" in the background check column ??

And did you see updated on your profile , instead of submitted ??

suvadeepg

Star Member
Sep 23, 2015
Hi Team,

My CEC application got rejected today on the ground of upfront medical report and has got the following statement: Dear ---:
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has reviewed your application for permanent residence. We have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of a complete application as described in sections 10 and 12.01 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations. Your application is rejected for being incomplete. Specifically, your application does not include the following elements: - Upfront medical report(s) Note: A full review of your application was not performed. There may be other elements, not identified above, which may also be missing or incomplete.

As far as I know for CEC applicant we dont need to do any upfront medical exam until CIC advises. Will be great if you guys could help me where exactly it went wrong..

jackappan

Star Member
Jul 17, 2012
if he said progress then it is definitely ip1 . it means they havent done background check yet on this guy. ip2 means they are doing background check . when i got ip2 within 2 days i got an email saying i have to submit rcmp check. . According to legal falcon they do eligibility before background check and security screening. Why go all the way to background check and security screening if they had found out that there was a problem with his reference check. I saw few applications got rejected in myimmitracker after IP2 but all of them had problems with pcc, travel check, etc screening and background check. " I DONT KNOW NOTHING GUYS"

jilaniroy

Mar 28, 2014
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
06-05-2017
Hi Team,

My CEC application got rejected today on the ground of upfront medical report and has got the following statement: Dear ---:
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has reviewed your application for permanent residence. We have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of a complete application as described in sections 10 and 12.01 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations. Your application is rejected for being incomplete. Specifically, your application does not include the following elements: - Upfront medical report(s) Note: A full review of your application was not performed. There may be other elements, not identified above, which may also be missing or incomplete.

As far as I know for CEC applicant we dont need to do any upfront medical exam until CIC advises. Will be great if you guys could help me where exactly it went wrong..
Oh dear, sorry to hear. But you do need upfront medical for all EE streams.

Reactions: suvadeepg