+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May AOR 2017 - Join here.

kimi_pat

Star Member
May 2, 2017
I think you are confusing the work permit interview and PR interview. After you get your passport stamped with a PR visa, all of your background checks are complete. During the landing process, noone will ask you any questions regarding employment, future short term plans in Canada, or money to support yourself, because you already hold the Confirmation of Permanent Residence, so you can basically do whatever you want and stay in Canada as much as you want.
The only documents you need when landing are 2 photos, drivers license or some document that can show your Canadian address, CoPR, and your passport. The officer will then ask you two questions, have you ever convicted of a crime/have you any dependants not listed in your application, then ask you to verify all the information that they have on you, and will tell you to sign the COPR paper. After you do it, he/she will explain to you the right of PR and say to you:"Congratulation, you are now a PR!". - a friend of mine landed last Tuesday at the Pearson airport (she is CEC inland too)
Hi @irenalrena,

Thanks for the explanation. I am still confused to decide which option to go for. Would you mind sharing your plans once you get passport stamped?
Would you say if there are any concerns going for option 1? or apply for PR Travel Document? Thank you. Appreciated your input.

Cheers!

kimi_pat

Star Member
May 2, 2017
Hi @irenalrena,

Thanks for the explanation. I am still confused to decide which option to go for. Would you mind sharing your plans once you get passport stamped?
Would you say if there are any concerns going for option 1? or apply for PR Travel Document? Thank you. Appreciated your input.

Cheers!
Hi @irenalrena,

I was browsing on internet and found below useful article for our situation:

https://www.justlanded.com/english/Canada/Articles/Visas-Permits/Permanent-resident-cards

Reactions: IrenaIrena

IrenaIrena

Star Member
Aug 10, 2017
Vancouver
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
AOR Received.
23-05-2017
Hi @irenalrena,

Cheers!
To be honest, I have planned it yet, cause I want to wait until I at least get a PPR, you know, don't count your chickens before they hatch;)

If I were to get it some time soon (maybe next week, hopefully :):)), I would just get my passport stamped, and go back to Europe and then re-enter and complete my landing at the airport. - option 2

I think that Option 1 and 2 are basically the same thing, because either way you will be traveling without a PR card, and where you will "land" (re-enter Canada) doesnt really make any difference, be it an airport (when you are back from India), or be it another port of entry, like Niagara (before you travel to India).

You initially were more in favour of Option 1, then go for it. First choice is always the correct one ;)

P.S. as for the concerns you mentioned. Do not have any, because once you have a CoPR, you are all good, and no one will reject you any application (in your case Travel document), thats a 100%

Reactions: kimi_pat

kimi_pat

Star Member
May 2, 2017
Yes. Let's wait till we get PPR before planning any further (lol).

Anyways thanks for your inputs & good luck for getting PPR soon.

Cheers!

IrenaIrena

Star Member
Aug 10, 2017
Vancouver
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
AOR Received.
23-05-2017
Hi @irenalrena,

I was browsing on internet and found below useful article for our situation:

https://www.justlanded.com/english/Canada/Articles/Visas-Permits/Permanent-resident-cards
Just checked it out.

True, traveling without a PR card is not ideal, but its not illegal and no-one will refuse you an entry to Canada as long as you can prove your PR status (you can prove it with your CoPR).
Every day people have some many different complicated cases when trying to cross a border (lost passports, damaged passports, expired PR cards, lost PR cards.) These are just physical documents, your status of a PR is already in the system, so whether you already got your PR card or not, is not a deal breaker.

IrenaIrena

Star Member
Aug 10, 2017
Vancouver
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
AOR Received.
23-05-2017
Yes. Let's wait till we get PPR before planning any further (lol).

Anyways thanks for your inputs & good luck for getting PPR soon.

Cheers!

Anytime haha :)

We will get it soon!! (Sending out positive vibes to the universe lol)

Good luck to you too!

angelbird

Star Member
Aug 24, 2017
Yes I am cec inland too, may be it will be delay for me because of rcmp. I should have done it too as upfront , but anyways.
I just hope that they don't forget to review my file again in piles of their files lol !

Nooo, dont think like that. They also asked to upload travel history, and I did. Its the same as for you, I think they do eligibility first then security therefore I believe it wont delay your application. Funny thing is eligibility takes a sec for us, but somehow, they cannot:)

singh_b

Mar 19, 2017
Nooo, dont think like that. They also asked to upload travel history, and I did. Its the same as for you, I think they do eligibility first then security therefore I believe it wont delay your application. Funny thing is eligibility takes a sec for us, but somehow, they cannot:)
That's true, I did found that my file is in Ottawa CPC as of September 6 by email from Ottawa.
I always have heard that after initial eligibility ,file is moved to Local VO for final review & security check.

I hope for good :)

kimi_pat

Star Member
May 2, 2017
Just checked it out.

True, traveling without a PR card is not ideal, but its not illegal and no-one will refuse you an entry to Canada as long as you can prove your PR status (you can prove it with your CoPR).
Every day people have some many different complicated cases when trying to cross a border (lost passports, damaged passports, expired PR cards, lost PR cards.) These are just physical documents, your status of a PR is already in the system, so whether you already got your PR card or not, is not a deal breaker.
Yes they handle many complicated situations everyday I bet. Well, I am leaning towards option 1 as of now. I will decide once I get passport stamped. Thank you.

Cheers!

Reactions: IrenaIrena

angelbird

Star Member
Aug 24, 2017
That's true, I did found that my file is in Ottawa CPC as of September 6 by email from Ottawa.
I always have heard that after initial eligibility ,file is moved to Local VO for final review & security check.

I hope for good :)
How did you find out that your file in local visa office? Can we learn it?

IrenaIrena

Star Member
Aug 10, 2017
Vancouver
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
AOR Received.
23-05-2017

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
Quick weekly round-up:

Sorry for a short break on publishing this reports, i've been away... thank you for so many requests to resume posting this.

If you have any feedback on this report please PM me.

If you find this status update useful please click [LIKE] - thank you in advance.

The report is getting longer and more complex, so not sure if you, guys, want me to make it short or continue to give more and more details.

PPRs by period from Jan 1st to 9th of September 2017

Source: https://myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trackers/consolidated-e-apr-tracker-express-entry-permanent-residency-application/analytics/passport-requests-pprs-by-period-report

Statuses by the month of submission up to date:
*Recently we have seen quite a few CEC from April/May being processed and getting PPR.
**Feb AOR have seen a seen a lot of PPRs for PNP-O.
*** Jan AOR slowly getting cleared, we see 1-2-3 PPRs per week reported for Jan AOR.
**** August have seen a number of quick PPRs too.

Statuses by day of submission for January

Statuses by day of submission for February:

Statuses by day of submission for March:
*March had seen the largest number of applicants, and it has been very slow for now....

Statuses by day of submission for April:

Statuses by day of submission for May:

Statuses by day of submission for June:
*Quite a few PPRs for June AOR this month, mainly FSWO.

Statuses by day of submission for July:

[/url

Statuses by day of submission for August:
*We have seen a lot of 15-25 days PPRs coming through, which is good sign, but still within the last 9 months trend.

[url=http://ibb.co/mPjHGv]

Statuses by day of submission for March:
*We can see the meds processing slowed down again, if August got meds cleared quickly, September wait longer now.

Source: https://myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trackers/consolidated-e-apr-tracker-express-entry-permanent-residency-application/analytics/statuses-by-months-of-submission

Average wait by stream (average mean)

Current Processing Dates (based on the tracker data)

Applicants by Stream:
*We can see increase in PNP applicants due to OINP and NSNP

Average wait for PNP based on the province of application (the sample size is small, but still some results are exciting)
[/url]

aaruni

Star Member
Jan 21, 2017
Thanks for the detailed graph above. I want to ask if anyone with rcmp request has actually got any update after submission or ppr sent. Cause i think after rcmp request they delay the file indefinitely. May 6th aor no update after rcmp 21st July.

RudraO

Star Member
Apr 25, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
17-05-2017
Med's Done....
01-08-2017
Passport Req..
08/09/2017
Thanks for the detailed graph above. I want to ask if anyone with rcmp request has actually got any update after submission or ppr sent. Cause i think after rcmp request they delay the file indefinitely. May 6th aor no update after rcmp 21st July.

Hi @aaruni

Correct me if i am wrong. I think you are talking about RPRF fees.

Reactions: aaruni

Canicule

Jun 29, 2017
Vancouver
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
01-05-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
From the day they open your file. They are now working on file (as of now) paper applications received on 18 May. It means they started working on your file, and it takes 105 days for paper based applications. Hence, as of today, you need to wait up to 90 more days for the decision. 105 days from the day they open your file,not from the day you submitted it. I applied on June 27 and it was online application, so i cannot day 82 days from 27th June cos they are now working on online applications submitted on June 10. Did you get the difference between day of submission and day file opened? Therefore, they will decide about it within 90 days as of today...What is your PR app status?
Thanks for explaining! Well, I applied on May 2, they received on May 3rd. Aug 19th they start Processing May 2 applications... means I'll get PR before BOWP? That would be great)
My PR application time line:
AOR may 1st CEC inland
Medic. passed June 7th
ADR June 8th (ppc from hk)
Called CIC to find out if they received it (sent directly to cic), answer : no.
Around Aug 4th status on Additional documents changed to we are reviewing
BG - application in process, we will contact you when start your BGC

After HR manager asked me for updates I tried to call CiC, but since i applied on paper I don't have application number and I could get to an option 'speak to an agent'. I tried to enter my pr application number and answering machine said my medical passed, they are checking eligibility, bgc hasn't started yet...
I really hope to get ppr sooner then90 days :)
Please let us know when you will get BOWP!