Vancouver
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
01-05-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
Hello,

Can anyone tell me where my application is at?

CEC inland,

My timeline is:

AOR: May 30th
BOWP application: June 1st

Haven't checked CIC update

Received an update email from CIC: Aug 8th - Medical passed
BOWP approved: Aug 13th

No update or changes since BOWP approved.

Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you. Help
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. Help
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam. Help
Review of additional documents The additional documents you provided are being reviewed. Help
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. Help
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes. Help
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information. Help
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

I ordered GCMS notes a while ago, but it's frustrating more and more with time!
Just wondering if you applied for BOWP online or paper?

Thanks

singh_b

Mar 19, 2017
@RudraO no bro I am talking about RCMP. May 6th cec inland, got requested rcmp 18th jul, submitted 21st july. No update after that at all. Just background check in progress.
Have you tried ordering gcms notes?, I also got rcmp request last week of august & no updates then.
May be they are processing application but haven't changed background check status.

Reactions: aaruni

aaruni

Star Member
Jan 21, 2017
Have you tried ordering gcms notes?, I also got rcmp request last week of august & no updates then.
May be they are processing application but haven't changed background check status.

Am debating on ordering gcms notes, i wanted this pr because i had taken admission in sept. Session as i was expecting till this time, the gcms notes itself will take 1 month and my deadline for college is 30th sept. . Dont you think its unusual no update. What do you suggest.

aaruni

Star Member
Jan 21, 2017
That's why i think anyone with rcmp gets delayed indefinitely. Wanted to confirm with everyone, if they need it they should ask it in checklist.

singh_b

Mar 19, 2017
That's why i think anyone with rcmp gets delayed indefinitely. Wanted to confirm with everyone, if they need it they should ask it in checklist.
What i have read over here is that they do some search for criminality checks in their system & if they find someone with same name then they request rcmp.
Secondly, there is high possibility that our file is next processing stage but they haven't changed background check status as a lot of people get pr without any change in background check status.
Those changes happen when everything is normal & no ADR etc.
I will suggest ordering gcms notes as in my notes I did saw that after requesting rcmp , they have assigned my file to ottawa with due date of 21 September(meaning ottawa will take this file before that date) & ottawa replied on sept 9 that they are processing my file.

Fastest way to check your file stage is calling cic & asking them which stage your file is, criminality eligibility & security are done or not?
They might help you & may be not, worth checking

aaruni

Star Member
Jan 21, 2017
Thanks
What i have read over here is that they do some search for criminality checks in their system & if they find someone with same name then they request rcmp.
Secondly, there is high possibility that our file is next processing stage but they haven't changed background check status as a lot of people get pr without any change in background check status.
I will suggest ordering gcms notes as in my notes I did saw that after requesting rcmp , they have assigned my file to ottawa with due date of 21 September(meaning ottawa will take this file before that date) & ottawa replied on sept 9 that they are processing my file.

Fastest way to check your file stage is calling cic & asking them which stage your file is, criminality eligibility & security are done or not?
They might help you & may be not, worth checking
Thank for your reply, will try contacting them again. They keep saying background check in process though. Maybe someone will tell something.

Last edited:

RudraO

Star Member
Apr 25, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
17-05-2017
Med's Done....
01-08-2017
Passport Req..
08/09/2017
@RudraO no bro I am talking about RCMP. May 6th cec inland, got requested rcmp 18th jul, submitted 21st july. No update after that at all. Just background check in progress.
If you want to know your status then i would suggest to go for GCMS notes. However, I wouldn't panic in your situation since we have people on the forum here who are in the same boat.

Use the tracker. The best way to know who is at which stage. Their filters are amazing, it will give you the best oveview of what's going on in the MAY 17 AOR. The link is below.

https://myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trackers/may-2017-aor-permanent-residency-tracker

Reactions: aaruni

aaruni

Star Member
Jan 21, 2017
Thanks

That's your reply, will try contacting them again. They keep saying background check in process though. Maybe someone will tell something.
Mine is may
If you want to know your status then i would suggest to go for GCMS notes. However, I wouldn't panic in your situation since we have people on the forum here who are in the same boat.

Use the tracker. The best way to know who is at which stage. Their filters are amazing, it will give you the best oveview of what's going on in the MAY 17 AOR. The link is below.

https://myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trackers/may-2017-aor-permanent-residency-tracker
Thanks for the tracker bro, mine is may 6th seems too long idk

aaruni

Star Member
Jan 21, 2017
Which date was your aor?,

They might help you & may be not, worth checking[/QUO

Joshjo

Apr 15, 2017
Hi Joshjo,

Did you also pay right of PR when you submitted your PNP?

I have also a PNP application since Jan 2017 and I am planning to submit EE profile. I had paid Right of Pr upfront. Just wondering if they will require me again to pay the same if I received ITA.

Thank you in advance.
Yes I paid. I had two different accounts for both application
At some point in the PNP, they requested for the RPRF, which I did pay
Also the CEC, they required that I pay
As for the PNP RPRF for sure they will reimburse me after a month I guess

Joshjo

Apr 15, 2017
Congratulations!! I just have one question since you and your spouse are in different countries, do they send information how to send the passports? Can you and your spouse send it separately from respective countries and get inidvidual COPRs? I have similar situation and hence curious.Thanks for your help in advance.
AOR: May 14th, still waiting for the glorious email :|
Yes, they initially didn't indicate where and how my husband should go about sending his passport since he does not reside in Canada
An email was sent to them to inform them my situation and how my husband would go about his passport submission
We are currently waiting for their reply while myself and my son had sent our passports ahead
I inquired from a friend in similar situation, she said they will send him information on how to go about his passport submission within few days and then he will get it sent to the appropriate office as per instruction given.
So don't worry, send an email to cic(the cdc@ Ottawa..........
They should respond in no time
As for me, I am still waiting to hear from them
I will keep you updated
Good luck
Sorry for replying late, I don't come on the forum o weekends

Reactions: MayAORWaiting

MayAORWaiting

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
Yes, they initially didn't indicate where and how my husband should go about sending his passport since he does not reside in Canada
An email was sent to them to inform them my situation and how my husband would go about his passport submission
We are currently waiting for their reply while myself and my son had sent our passports ahead
I inquired from a friend in similar situation, she said they will send him information on how to go about his passport submission within few days and then he will get it sent to the appropriate office as per instruction given.
So don't worry, send an email to cic(the cdc@ Ottawa..........
They should respond in no time
As for me, I am still waiting to hear from them
I will keep you updated
Good luck
Sorry for replying late, I don't come on the forum o weekends
Thank you so much for the information, No worries:) Please keep me posted as for me I am still waiting on getting the golden email. I think the wait will be a little longer as they asked me for my marriage certificate again :( today!!

AKS@1987

Star Member
Nov 4, 2016
Hi Everyone,
My application status timelines are as follows :
Application Received :30th May
Medical Passed : 3rd August
IP1 : 3rd August
NA2: 10th August
IP2: 17th August

Since then I do not have any status update, I got a mail reply saying my application is being processed at visa office in Etobicoke IRCC.
I afraid - Did I miss any mail :( I have a bad habit of deleting old mails. Need all your help - what can I do from here