Ottawa
AOR Received.
17-05-2017
Med's Done....
01-08-2017
Passport Req..
08/09/2017
Hey congrats mate,

Remember we had very similar timelines with medical passed on same day i think.

It's just that I was asked for rcmp on 22 august & submitted next week, So I have to wait otherwise I might have been on same boat with you.

Many congrats again :)
Thank you mate! and Yes i do remember the conversation.

When i saw my BG status changed on a friday, my thought was "here goes my weekend. Another 2 more days of wait:" But It was just the matter of hours.

What's your BG status right now?

singh_b

Mar 19, 2017
Thank you mate! and Yes i do remember the conversation.

When i saw my BG status changed on a friday, my thought was "here goes my weekend. Another 2 more days of wait:" But It was just the matter of hours.

What's your BG status right now?
It says something like we are processing your background check. I had this since medicals passed, i see in my gcms notes that they initiated rcmp check after medicals. Then i was requested for rcmp & additional docs still says we need more docs to process your application.

Overall, I think no updates since rcmp submitted

What were wordings in your background check in all stages?

IrenaIrena

Star Member
Aug 10, 2017
Vancouver
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
AOR Received.
23-05-2017
Please correct me if I am wrong. Yesterday I have created a new EE profile, I experienced that there is no option for me to choose which program that I want to apply for. I remember when I create my EE profile a year ago there were options to select?

About the CEC selection, I reviewed my EE profile, it is saying clearly on my profile that I did not meet CEC but FSWP. If the system was working properly then should it send me an ITA for FSWP not CEC? Now I have to reapply under FSWP, I would need to retake the IELTS and new police certs which would require a lot of effort and time :-(

BTW, I am a bit surprised that my score is the same. I thought that in the past the score under CEC should be higher then in FSWP?
Hi,
I think you should email CIC saying that there should've been some mistake made regarding the class determination. Explain them everything you just wrote here, and they might reconsider your case. Who knows, maybe, indeed, there was some system error or sth.
Good luck and dont give up! :)

Reactions: LouiCan

angelbird

Star Member
Aug 24, 2017
Oh, so if I applied on paper and processing time now is 120days. I applied on May 3rd, but according to website they are working on May 5th applications. Does it mean 120 days from now? Not from May 3rd?
I'm in implied status since May 2nd and my HR manager approached me yesterday asking if I have any updates....
From the day they open your file. They are now working on file (as of now) paper applications received on 18 May. It means they started working on your file, and it takes 105 days for paper based applications. Hence, as of today, you need to wait up to 90 more days for the decision. 105 days from the day they open your file,not from the day you submitted it. I applied on June 27 and it was online application, so i cannot day 82 days from 27th June cos they are now working on online applications submitted on June 10. Did you get the difference between day of submission and day file opened? Therefore, they will decide about it within 90 days as of today...What is your PR app status?

RudraO

Star Member
Apr 25, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
17-05-2017
Med's Done....
01-08-2017
Passport Req..
08/09/2017
It says something like we are processing your background check. I had this since medicals passed, i see in my gcms notes that they initiated rcmp check after medicals. Then i was requested for rcmp & additional docs still says we need more docs to process your application.

Overall, I think no updates since rcmp submitted

What were wordings in your background check in all stages?
My status of BG changed from NA to "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information" then it went to Not applicable.This happened during 1st to 3rd august. (IP1 to NA1)

8th september, Friday morning it went back again to "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information" which is IP2 and it's the same since.

They are still reviewing my eligibility and additional docs though :p

You are the one who lasted longer the IP1 process than NA1 process. Either of this will take 30-35 days.

If we look at the current trend, your status will go to NA1 to "We are processing your background........(ip2)" soon (my guess is tuesday) and probably on the next day you'll see email "Ready for Visa" :)

All the best man.

And i wish everyone here all the best!!

Cheers.

Last edited:

kimi_pat

Star Member
May 2, 2017
Hello everyone,

First of all, I would like to thank everyone for their continuous support & assistance in this forum. I have been following this forum for a while and it has been really helpful to get help in any subjects regarding Canadian immigration.

I am a CEC inland applicant and my AOR is May 21st. I am in NA2 stage at the moment. I am hoping I will get PPR in mid to late September looking at the current progress in CEC category.

I am planning to go to India for a few months once I get my passport back with PR visa stamp. My medical expires in May 2018 so hopefully PR visa will be valid till May, 2018 as well. I want to travel to few countries in Asia and then come back to Canada. And I am a bit confused in landing procedure and PR card arrival. Please see below two options and advise which one is best:

Option – 1

Once I get PR visa stamp in my passport, I can do the landing procedure at one of many Port of Entries ( Niagara Falls ) and then leave to India in a week or two. I can give my friend’s address for PR card to be mailed to. He is also going to India in Dec so he can bring my PR card with him. I can then come back to Canada. My return date is flexible so I can wait a bit longer till I get PR card in my hand in India. So while returning to Canada, will border officials ask me how come I left the country just after landing and without receiving PR card myself? Will it create any issue? In this case, I can come back any time since I will have PR card in my hand. There will not be any limit or expiry date to enter Canada. Please confirm this if someone can.

Option – 2

Once I get PR visa stamp in my passport, I can fly to India in a week without landing. I can then stay in India and visit few countries for few months and then come back to Canada and finish landing procedure before May, 2018. In this case, will it create any issues if I would have visited few countries in Asia and have those additional visa stamps from those countries?

Option – 3

For some reason, if I don’t get my PR card while I am in India after landing, I can apply for PR Travel document and use it to enter in Canada without PR card. How difficult is the process for applying PRTD? Will border officers ask me any questions?

Option-4

While coming back to Canada, I can then fly to USA and cross the border by rental car using my COPR which is legal as I found in previous threads. In this case, will border officers ask me any questions?

Please give your input. Any advice or help would be highly appreciated. Thank you.

Cheers!

singh_b

Mar 19, 2017
Hey,

I already have we are processing your background check since medical passed, never got na2.

So may be i will get pr without having changes now in background check wordings

IrenaIrena

Star Member
Aug 10, 2017
Vancouver
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
AOR Received.
23-05-2017
Hello everyone,

First of all, I would like to thank everyone for their continuous support & assistance in this forum. I have been following this forum for a while and it has been really helpful to get help in any subjects regarding Canadian immigration.

I am a CEC inland applicant and my AOR is May 21st. I am in NA2 stage at the moment. I am hoping I will get PPR in mid to late September looking at the current progress in CEC category.

I am planning to go to India for a few months once I get my passport back with PR visa stamp. My medical expires in May 2018 so hopefully PR visa will be valid till May, 2018 as well. I want to travel to few countries in Asia and then come back to Canada. And I am a bit confused in landing procedure and PR card arrival. Please see below two options and advise which one is best:

Option – 1

Once I get PR visa stamp in my passport, I can do the landing procedure at one of many Port of Entries ( Niagara Falls ) and then leave to India in a week or two. I can give my friend’s address for PR card to be mailed to. He is also going to India in Dec so he can bring my PR card with him. I can then come back to Canada. My return date is flexible so I can wait a bit longer till I get PR card in my hand in India. So while returning to Canada, will border officials ask me how come I left the country just after landing and without receiving PR card myself? Will it create any issue? In this case, I can come back any time since I will have PR card in my hand. There will not be any limit or expiry date to enter Canada. Please confirm this if someone can.

Option – 2

Once I get PR visa stamp in my passport, I can fly to India in a week without landing. I can then stay in India and visit few countries for few months and then come back to Canada and finish landing procedure before May, 2018. In this case, will it create any issues if I would have visited few countries in Asia and have those additional visa stamps from those countries?

Option – 3

For some reason, if I don’t get my PR card while I am in India after landing, I can apply for PR Travel document and use it to enter in Canada without PR card. How difficult is the process for applying PRTD? Will border officers ask me any questions?

Option-4

While coming back to Canada, I can then fly to USA and cross the border by rental car using my COPR which is legal as I found in previous threads. In this case, will border officers ask me any questions?

Please give your input. Any advice or help would be highly appreciated. Thank you.

Cheers!

Hi :)

I personally would go with option 2 since others seem to be a bit too complicated for me haha :)

Having extra stamps in your passport I think should not be a problem since you already will have a PR stamp in your passport.

Let me/us know what option you will go with, cause I am having the same dilemma, but with flying to Europe to visit fam :)

All the best ;)

Reactions: kimi_pat

angelbird

Star Member
Aug 24, 2017
Hey,

I already have we are processing your background check since medical passed, never got na2.

So may be i will get pr without having changes now in background check wordings
Hi Singh,

What is your time-line please? I am CEC inland too, June 23 Aor.

singh_b

Mar 19, 2017
Hi Singh,

What is your time-line please? I am CEC inland too, June 23 Aor.
Hi ,

It's as follow
Aor May 23
Med Pass 3 August
ADR Travel History 18 Aug
Rcmp reques 22 aug, submitted 31

No updates then
Background is we are processing...since med passed & ad docs is we need more docs.

Whats your timeline?

angelbird

Star Member
Aug 24, 2017
June 23 Aor
Med Passed on 16th August
ADR Requested on 31 August, and submitted on 3rd September (no police certificates requested, may be cuz I submitted them upfront)
BG: Not applicable from 04 Sept. Btw, BG changed from We are processing to not applicable

Are you CEC-Inland?

kimi_pat

Star Member
May 2, 2017
Hi :)

I personally would go with option 2 since others seem to be a bit too complicated for me haha :)

Having extra stamps in your passport I think should not be a problem since you already will have a PR stamp in your passport.

Let me/us know what option you will go with, cause I am having the same dilemma, but with flying to Europe to visit fam :)

All the best ;)
Hi @irenalrena,

Thanks for your feedback. I really would like to go for option 1 as in that case, I will be able to stay in India as long as I would like. And if for some reason I cannot get my PR card in India through my friend, then I can apply for PR Travel Document and reenter Canada. What do you think? Because in this option, I can do landing while having full time job in Canada so they cannot ask any questions regarding employment and raise any concern. I can give my friend's address for PR card to be mailed to.

In Option 2, I will have to return to Canada before my PR visa expires. And I will not have a job while coming back as I will be staying in India for few months once I quit my current job. So while returning and doing landing formalities, will border officers ask me how much money I have to support myself and what will be my future short term plans in Canada?

I would appreciate seniors' input as well. Thank you.

Cheers!

IrenaIrena

Star Member
Aug 10, 2017
Vancouver
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
AOR Received.
23-05-2017
Hi @irenalrena,

Thanks for your feedback. I really would like to go for option 1 as in that case, I will be able to stay in India as long as I would like. And if for some reason I cannot get my PR card in India through my friend, then I can apply for PR Travel Document and reenter Canada. What do you think? Because in this option, I can do landing while having full time job in Canada so they cannot ask any questions regarding employment and raise any concern. I can give my friend's address for PR card to be mailed to.

In Option 2, I will have to return to Canada before my PR visa expires. And I will not have a job while coming back as I will be staying in India for few months once I quit my current job. So while returning and doing landing formalities, will border officers ask me how much money I have to support myself and what will be my future short term plans in Canada?

I would appreciate seniors' input as well. Thank you.

Cheers!
I think you are confusing the work permit interview and PR interview. After you get your passport stamped with a PR visa, all of your background checks are complete. During the landing process, noone will ask you any questions regarding employment, future short term plans in Canada, or money to support yourself, because you already hold the Confirmation of Permanent Residence, so you can basically do whatever you want and stay in Canada as much as you want.
The only documents you need when landing are 2 photos, drivers license or some document that can show your Canadian address, CoPR, and your passport. The officer will then ask you two questions, have you ever convicted of a crime/have you any dependants not listed in your application, then ask you to verify all the information that they have on you, and will tell you to sign the COPR paper. After you do it, he/she will explain to you the right of PR and say to you:"Congratulation, you are now a PR!". - a friend of mine landed last Tuesday at the Pearson airport (she is CEC inland too)

Reactions: kimi_pat

singh_b

Mar 19, 2017
June 23 Aor
Med Passed on 16th August
ADR Requested on 31 August, and submitted on 3rd September (no police certificates requested, may be cuz I submitted them upfront)
BG: Not applicable from 04 Sept. Btw, BG changed from We are processing to not applicable

Are you CEC-Inland?
Yes I am cec inland too, may be it will be delay for me because of rcmp. I should have done it too as upfront , but anyways.
I just hope that they don't forget to review my file again in piles of their files lol !