+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May AOR 2017 - Join here.

apuba_rcc

Aug 2, 2017
Hello guys, I got AOR on May 8th, Medical passed on Jun 6th, till then there is no update. My background status is still showing "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check." Not sure if my application is being looked at or not. Could you please help me out on this? What stage I am in right now?
I am CEC inland applicant..

chemEmanju

Star Member
Sep 2, 2016
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
16-05-2017
Hello guys, I got AOR on May 8th, Medical passed on Jun 6th, till then there is no update. My background status is still showing "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check." Not sure if my application is being looked at or not. Could you please help me out on this? What stage I am in right now?
they don't give priority to CEC and FSW inland

Riz2017

Jun 9, 2017
Hi guys I'm super worried right now. I am CEC inland may 9th AOR. Just got an email from cic Etobicoke landing asking me for an interview in 3 weeks. And they asked me to bring my original passport and 2 passport size photograph. It seems very odd as I didn't see anyone go through this in this thread. Can someone explain please?

Greatly appreciated thank you.
Hi everyone, just to clarify below is the email I got from CIC. I just don't understand why it's a landing interview. Doesn't that happen after you send your passport for confirmation of permanent residence? Experts please clarify.

Thank you

Dear Sir/Madam:

Citoyenneté et Immigration Canada

Page 1 of 2

I am pleased to advise you that the processing of your application for permanent residence will be finalized at an interview

that has been scheduled for:

DATE:

In order to grant you permanent residence, you must provide us with satisfactory original identity documents. All applicants must provide their original valid passport and two passport size photo...,

srujju

Jan 4, 2012
Hi everyone, just to clarify below is the email I got from CIC. I just don't understand why it's a landing interview. Doesn't that happen after you send your passport for confirmation of permanent residence? Experts please clarify.

Thank you

Dear Sir/Madam:

Citoyenneté et Immigration Canada

Page 1 of 2

I am pleased to advise you that the processing of your application for permanent residence will be finalized at an interview

that has been scheduled for:

DATE:

In order to grant you permanent residence, you must provide us with satisfactory original identity documents. All applicants must provide their original valid passport and two passport size photo...,
Looks like this is not a big deal. They just want to verify your original documents before issuing you permanent residency . All the best. You will have your PR on the day you have an interview ...

does this mean no PPR letter and stuff, just landing interview and PR ?? interesting :)

KiranK

Champion Member
May 23, 2017
Category........
Other
@KiranK

how to apply for "GCMS". Can you advise on how to apply for one. There are many third party websites to order GCMS for people from outside Caanda, they charge you around 20 CAD only. You can try "getgcms.com" or order from "immitracker" if you are there. Whichever site suits you best.
Also, Will applying for GCMS delay my application or it should be fine??? No it will not.
can I apply if i'm not in Canada? Yes like i said from third party websites and they get delivered to your inbox.
how long would it take to get as response from them? It takes 30-35 days to receive GCMS.

Thnks!
Answered above in red, Let me know if you wish to ask anything else dear.

Riz2017

Jun 9, 2017
Looks like this is not a big deal. They just want to verify your original documents before issuing you permanent residency . All the best. You will have your PR on the day you have an interview ...

does this mean no PPR letter and stuff, just landing interview and PR ?? interesting :)
Hopefully. Unless CIC is changing the way they process CEC applicants

ratman

Sep 5, 2015
Hi guys,

Anybody who got their medical passed 3 weeks ago have any updates?

My medical passed on July 27 and this is the current status. I am CEC-inland:

Application status- We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility- We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results- You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents- The additional documents you provided are being reviewed.
Interview- You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics- We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check- We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision- Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

From what I understand, this is IP2. OR is it IP1? Is anybody waiting in this status for more than 20 days?

I have also tried to call IRCC, but the call does not go through to the agent, as their volume is always high. Was anybody able to get in touch with them? If so, how?

Thanks

Rad_111

Star Member
Jul 11, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
03-05-2017
Med's Done....
24-05-2017
Hello all !
I'm trying to fill application to Extend my work permit. As per my knowledge I need to fill up IMM5710E form but when I go through cic it said I need to fill up IMM5257. Does 5257 is correct form to extend work permit ?
Not sure if anyone else responded to this but you need to fill up IMM5710E only. When you were initially submitting the online questions there should have been two recommendations and an option to choose which is Temporary resident visa and Open work permit application. if you chose Open work permit application then you would see IMM5710E as required and the IMM5257 as Optional in the document checklist.

Reactions: Champ.90

Rad_111

Star Member
Jul 11, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
03-05-2017
Med's Done....
24-05-2017
Hopefully. Unless CIC is changing the way they process CEC applicants
Someone I know went through the interview process and were told its just a Random Audit check and nothing to worry. Its not happening only for Inland but also FSW Outland where we have few in the Whatsapp forum. Understand CIC has to go through the audit check for proving they are doing thorough validation. So Goodluck and just have all the right evidences that they have asked with you. In your case, it appears to be very close to finalization. Good Luck!

Reactions: Riz2017

wstrn24

Feb 23, 2017
London, ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am FSW inland. My medical passed on July 6. My background check hasn't been changed yet so let's just wait.... like other people say, inland applicants don't get priorities...

Altim

Jul 31, 2017
Hi guys,

Anybody who got their medical passed 3 weeks ago have any updates?

My medical passed on July 27 and this is the current status. I am CEC-inland:

Application status- We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility- We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results- You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents- The additional documents you provided are being reviewed.
Interview- You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics- We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check- We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision- Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

From what I understand, this is IP2. OR is it IP1? Is anybody waiting in this status for more than 20 days?

I have also tried to call IRCC, but the call does not go through to the agent, as their volume is always high. Was anybody able to get in touch with them? If so, how?

Thanks
In my case, the medicals were passed on 31 July and there was no updates since. BG check is "we are processing..".
I have already called and emailed, but they said there is no changes in the profile and that the processing time that they have on their website is just an average of them processing 80% of applications. I guess they slowed down a lot for CEC :(o_O

Reactions: ratman