+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May AOR 2017 - Join here.

krysonice

May 21, 2017
Dear All,

Please shed some light on my scenario. I'll try to be as clear as possible.
I am FSW-O
Currently residing in UAE

ITA: Feb 22/17
Aor: April 29/17
Medical passed: May 30/17
***I did not pay RPRF upfront***
My background went from "Your application is in progress. We will message you when we start background check" TO "Not applicable" On Aug 01/17

--> on Aug 12th 2017, I got a Message asking me to pay RPRF with instructions. Paid "RPRF" on Aug13 !!
Status on Background check is still “ Not Applicable”
Review of additional documents changed to the below statement after paying "RPRF"

Can anyone clarify what stage am I at? Ip1? Ip2? Looking good? or long way to go???
My account reads the following:

Application status: We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents The additional documents you provided have been uploaded.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check Not applicable.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Any feed back would be appreciated.

reify

Star Member
Nov 2, 2016
Dear All,

Please shed some light on my scenario. I'll try to be as clear as possible.
I am FSW-O
Currently residing in UAE

ITA: Feb 22/17
Aor: April 29/17
Medical passed: May 30/17
***I did not pay RPRF upfront***
My background went from "Your application is in progress. We will message you when we start background check" TO "Not applicable" On Aug 01/17

--> on Aug 12th 2017, I got a Message asking me to pay RPRF with instructions. Paid "RPRF" on Aug13 !!
Status on Background check is still “ Not Applicable”
Review of additional documents changed to the below statement after paying "RPRF"

Can anyone clarify what stage am I at? Ip1? Ip2? Looking good? or long way to go???
My account reads the following:

Application status: We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of additional documents The additional documents you provided have been uploaded.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check Not applicable.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Any feed back would be appreciated.
The typical flow is Meds -> IP1 -> NA2 -> IP2 -> PPR

From your description, you are in NA2 now.

When your Background check changes to "in progress" again, you will be moved to IP2.

Last edited:

kcc

Mar 21, 2015
Hi My current status as below: AOR on 15-May. Medicals passed on 28-Jul. CEC inland.
Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you. Help
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. Help
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam. Help
Review of additional documents The additional documents you provided are being reviewed. Help
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. Help
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes. Help
Background check Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check. Help

Which stage in my application. In IP1 or IP2. i tried calling CIC but not able to get enough information on my application process.
I have the exact same timeline. AOR : 15th May and My medical also passed on 27th July. I am also not sure at which stage I am right now.

kcc

Mar 21, 2015
You are in IP1.
Thanks for your reply. My Background check was NA and it was changed to Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check after Medical Passed. So it considered as IP1 ?

arijit1001

Star Member
Mar 14, 2015
Thanks for your reply. My Background check was NA and it was changed to Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check after Medical Passed. So it considered as IP1 ?
Hmmm... How long it was on NA after your medical passed?

AbuAhssan

Aug 14, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
04-05-2017
Med's Done....
24-06-2017
Hi everyone,

I am following this thread from day one. Got a lot of help from every post. Thanks for running this thread so well.

I want to share my situation as I am bit worried at this point. I applied under CEC, my wife is back home. I am not sure if Single/Married applications have different processing timelines. Can anyone tell? I had some colleagues her in Canada who is Single and got their PPR in 3 months. My time stamp is as follows along with the application status.

ITA: April 15
AOR: May 4
Medical Pass: June 25

Review of additional documents The additional documents you provided is being reviewed.
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Can anyone suggest how long is the wait until PPR from this point?

krysonice

May 21, 2017
The typical flow is Meds -> IP1 -> NA2 -> IP2 -> PPR

From your description, you are in NA2 now.

When your Background check changes to "in progress" again, you will be moved to IP2.
Thanks for your response !!
should i email CIC for an update or wait and let it just progress ??

resh7155

May 9, 2016
Hi
Can anyone please tell whether my status is IP1 or IP2??
I applied CEC Inland and my current status as below..

Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you. Help
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. Help
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam. Help
Review of additional documents The additional documents you provided are being reviewed. Help
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. Help
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes. Help
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information. Help

chow 423

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
Did you get UCI number? I should be in the same boat with you.
CEC inland, AOR-May 19, got UCI number August 2, BG changed from “NA” to "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.". ME is still "You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.".
Hi, in my case
may 5th AOR CEC in land, on July 8th my account showing my UCI number then on 18th July back ground check in progress. after that my bridge put on hold, on July 26th I got approved bridge work permit. but I am not yet passed medical.
our situation almost same I think what do you say?

arijit1001

Star Member
Mar 14, 2015
Thanks a lot for your all replies so far. Any idea, how long it will take from IP1 to IP2 ? I am CEC Inland.

It seems like it will still take 2 months for me to get PPR. Right ?
It may be quicker... IP1 to IP2 can take 3 to 8 weeks on avg