+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May AOR 2017 - Join here.

Wunderkid

Star Member
May 18, 2014
Every case is different. In my case, though my passport was not issued from Dubai, the full process took only 5 days including CGI approval and final PCC issue from CGI though BLS. However, in your case, this is perhaps why they want to verify the address. Does your family live in the permanent address? They probably need to ensure that you haven't given some fake address considering that you are born and living in Dubai.
Thanks for responding johnysyk ...most people have had the same experience as you .My brother sister had applied for PCC's previously but didn't have any hassle. Their situation is the same. My parents are still in Dubai but my dad still owns the place in Mumbai If residence verification was a concern for fraud details they should have done it during passport renewal and not now!!!!I am so upset and this is the last document pending .I managed to get PCC from UK and UAE without any hassle!!!!

johnsyk

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-4-2017
AOR Received.
10-4-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
8-4-2017
Thanks for responding johnysyk ...most people have had the same experience as you .My brother sister had applied for PCC's previously but didn't have any hassle. Their situation is the same. My parents are still in Dubai but my dad still owns the place in Mumbai If residence verification was a concern for fraud details they should have done it during passport renewal and not now!!!!I am so upset and this is the last document pending .I managed to get PCC from UK and UAE without any hassle!!!!
Yes, even I needed a UK PCC. That was such a breeze. I applied for the quick service and received it in 2 days! UAE PCC is super simple too and they give it the same day or the next day. I recommend you keep calling BLS and follow up with them. There is nothing else you can do I guess!

kw7601

Mar 4, 2017
Hi everyone,
I submitted my application on May 1 and got AOR at the same day. Medial passed on June 9 and background check changed from "We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you......." to "Your application is in progress.We will send you a message when we start your background check." on June 9 too. Does that consider as IP(1)?

I am from a country that requires letter from IRCC to perform background check. I am a CEC Inland, so I mailed my background check application back to my home country yesterday. Since my home country will directly ship the result to IRCC, do I have to update anything to my EE application to let them know that it's in progress and they will receive the result directly form my home county?

Reactions: Canicule

samniftian

Dec 8, 2016
Applied on May 7th, does AOR mean "Acknowledgement of receipt". Received a letter in my account in PDF format.

Application status - We received your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

Please add me to whatsapp group.

sgopal1

Mar 22, 2017
Received "Acknowledgement of Receipt" on May 23, the same day the application was transmitted.

Please add me to Whatsapp group.