Ottawa
AOR Received.
17-05-2017
Med's Done....
01-08-2017
Passport Req..
08/09/2017
Hi Everyone,

I have a question regarding the passport submission for visa stamping post PPR approval.

If the primary applicant and the dependent are in different countries, would they have to send their passports to the same office for visa stamping or are they required to send the passports to VFS in their respective countries of residence?
@Miley11 You can't send your passport out of the country by post from where you are residing. Usually this is written as a caution on passport.

gurik

Champion Member
Apr 29, 2016
Category........
Other
I reckon you already have a job waiting at Ottawa branch of IRCC @gurik. It is quite possible that you might be analyzing the files of Indian applicants and filling out the GCMS notes on the basis of your thorough and rigorous checks 2 to 3 months down the line at any state-of-the-art premises of IRCC in Ottawa ;) In fact, this very idea of working with IRCC as an analyst has motivated me to head to Ottawa now instead of leaving for Vancouver.

Btw, how was your trip to the VFS office at Chandigarh? How long did it take you to get through with the entire process there? Did you have to fill out any form in there? Lastly, how much did you pay in total at the VFS?
@gurik please share your experience. Thanks

Hahhahhahahahhahaha Thank you for saying that, I hope i do get it:D:D. Ottawa is a great place for peace and quiet lovers, if you are one of those, hopefully you will like it:) Its good to keep options open!
My trip was good, just filled a simple form. Paid around 1000 INR. It just took 15-20 minutes to get it done for me. Hope you guys get to make this trip soon!:)

P.S- @In_Need_Of_Silver_Lining, sorry for the delayed reply I missed your post, was bit busy yesterday, thank you @manpindersingh for helping me check it:).

gurik

Champion Member
Apr 29, 2016
Category........
Other
Sorry I did not post my query clearly, earlier.

I was wondering, how you said its IP2 for Vani whose BG status was "We are processing your background check.We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you."
It could be IP1 as well? Is there a way to distinguish between IP1 and IP2.. will there be different wordings for IP1 and IP2?

My AOR is May 4th and not even meds passed (thanks to PNP)
Okay mostly the wording for IP2 is "we are processing your background.......", whereas for IP1 is, "your application is in progress......"
But CIC does mix and change wordings sometimes, only they know why. The best way is to see the order of events from your AOR-

It is- MP>IP1>NA2>IP2
Now The medical pass stage and IP1 mostly happen around the same time. IP1 here is basically when the status of your BGC changes to "in progress" from the default 'not applicable" (na1) since AOR. Whatever maybe the wording. So this will help you determine whether its IP1 or IP2.
After IP1 happens, it mostly is changed back to NA within few hours to 15 days for normal cases. This NA2 stage. Then after this status when your BGC again goes "in progress" that is IP2.
Hope this clarifies things.
As for your case it is taking 100-120 days for most PNP applicants to receive any update (medical Passed etc), so sadly you have to wait a little while longer dear.

Reactions: reify

pavanreddy

Jul 19, 2017
Dear members,

Please share your valuable experience and thoughts.

Profile details:
1) Principal Applicant : my wife residing in UK on work permit and citizen of India
2) Dependent Applicant : myself residing and working in Canada on post graduate Bridging work permit . Citizen of India.
3) Invitation : May 19th 2017
4) AOR : May 27th 2017
5) Medicals Passed : July 12th 2017

Following is the screen shot of my current application status

Where is this application? Details Help
Application status
We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. Help
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam. Help
Review of additional documents The additional documents you provided have been uploaded. Help
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. Help
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes. Help
Background check Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check. Help
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

once both the applicants pass medicals . what would be the next step and I would like to also know which visa office the file is moved to? Is going to be principal applicant or dependent country of residence else principal/dependent country citizenship ??

thanks in advance

gurik

Champion Member
Apr 29, 2016
Category........
Other
Hi Gurik, when you get your visa, please kindly let us know if the expiry date on the visa is a year from the date of your medical exam or 6 months from the date of issuance. I have wondered about that...
Thanks in advance, and congrats once again
Hi hope
Yes I will definitely let you guys know, it is mostly a year though, but I will confirm and post it here.

Reactions: hope_faith

systix

Mar 13, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
None
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
##-08-2027
LANDED..........
##-09-2027
@gurik or other more experienced members .. is there a whatsapp group for PPR recepients?

gurik

Champion Member
Apr 29, 2016
Category........
Other
Dear members,

Please share your valuable experience and thoughts.

Profile details:
1) Principal Applicant : my wife residing in UK on work permit and citizen of India
2) Dependent Applicant : myself residing and working in Canada on post graduate Bridging work permit . Citizen of India.
3) Invitation : May 19th 2017
4) AOR : May 27th 2017
5) Medicals Passed : July 12th 2017

Following is the screen shot of my current application status

Where is this application? Details Help
Application status
We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. Help
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam. Help
Review of additional documents The additional documents you provided have been uploaded. Help
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. Help
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes. Help
Background check Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check. Help
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

once both the applicants pass medicals . what would be the next step and I would like to also know which visa office the file is moved to? Is going to be principal applicant or dependent country of residence else principal/dependent country citizenship ??

thanks in advance
You are in IP1 stage of application, it means your file is currently at Centralised Intake Office, Sydney Nova Scotia.
Try e-mailing them to know your Visa Office after IP1 status of background, i.e the current status of your background check changes to "not applicable" from "your application is in progress......". As till this stage all files irrespective of country are at CIO.
Keep close check on application status BGC might change to NA anytime now.

gurik

Champion Member
Apr 29, 2016
Category........
Other
Hi everyone! I just received a request to submit IMM5406 (additional family information) while at the NA2 stage. Is it normal to received ADR at NA2 stage?

AOR- May 1
MP/IP1 - June 22
NA2- June 30
Change in Review of docs status from "The addtl docs you provided are being reviewed" to "WE do not need documents from you" - July 18
ADR - July 19
Submitted IMM 5406 - July 19

Your inputs please. Anybody who had the same experience re: ADR? Thanks!
It means you are very close to IP2 or PPR, check your account regularly for any updates.

gurik

Champion Member
Apr 29, 2016
Category........
Other
Reactions: systix

gurik

Champion Member
Apr 29, 2016
Category........
Other
I am starting to probably overthink a little, but looking to see if anyone else has a similar situation ... please advise

20th June AoR, FSW O, US resident, Indian Citizen ...

July 12th 10PM US Central time - no change in profile from AoR

Following is the timeline for July 13th only (within one day)
- 6AM - Meds passed
- 12 noon - Background check changes to "Your background check is in progress ..."
- 5PM - Background check changes to "Not Applicable"

At first, I was pretty sure Im not in IP 2 even thought the message text is similar to IP2.

I have been assuming that I am in IP1 even though BGS is NA.

I'm just concerned that I might still be in NA1 (not even IP1)...

Anybody went through similar timelines?

Thanks in advance folks...
IP1 has been done and over for you. Wait for Ip2 now.

Reactions: systix

Miley11

Star Member
Mar 12, 2017
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
10-05-17
Med's Done....
07-07-2017
Received RPRF request today!

What should I expect next?

systix

Mar 13, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
None
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
##-08-2027
LANDED..........
##-09-2027
IP1 has been done and over for you. Wait for Ip2 now.
so @gurik, did you actually see a PPR updated status on your CIC profile or was that a separate e-mail!?

nickad

Feb 27, 2017
Hi everyone... what time of the day usually do we get the PPR inland. Most updates i have received are midnight..