+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May AOR 2017 - Join here.

Ph143

Mar 20, 2017
Hello Guys,

Need your help. Any one has come across similar situation.
While filling the application form for Travel history section , I missed to mention the transit entry which I had on my passport.
Is there any way we can update CIC before they reject my application.
My situation is, while returning to Srilanka from Brisbane , Australia I had a layover of 12 hours between flights at Malaysia.
So during this period I checked into Airport Hotel Lounge which requires transit entry.
I left Brisbane on 06-Aug-2011 and reached Malaysia on 07-Aug-2011 at 08:00 AM and had my next flight to Colombo on 07-Aug-11 at 20:00 .

I missed it unintentionally. Now I realized and fear , My application might get rejected...

Is anyone of you aware of similar kind of cases and how do they responded.

harps11

Jul 12, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi friends. Got an update on July 19th from my Canadian consultant.
ITA- April 13'17
AOR- May 31'17
UCI nos allocated

Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam. (Date not specified by the consultant)
Review of additional documents The additional documents you provided are being reviewed.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check Not applicable.
Final decision Your application is in progress We will send you a message once a final decision has been made.

I guess i am in IP1 as of now. Need you valuable inputs here.

Riz2017

Jun 9, 2017
Hi Guys. I'm CEC inland with AOR May 10th 2017. I passed the medical on June 25th. And the background check is in process since about 3 weeks.

I'm a bit confused as I just got a phone call from Mississauga asking me information about my employment and my studies in Canada. Is this normal or something I should be concerned about( FYI I live inToronto).

Your opinion is much appreciated. Thank you.

Dodozin

May 4, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Question...

After IP2 status, do they send an email?
Or I have to check directly in my CIC Account?

achan88

Star Member
Nov 3, 2015
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-05-2017
AOR Received.
05-05-2017
Med's Done....
24-06-2017
Passport Req..
26-09-2017
Hi all! Fellow FSW from India checking in. I received my ITA on Feb 8th, AOR on May 5th, passed meds on June 24th.
I received a request letter to submit form IMM5408 Additional Family Information on July 18th, and I submitted
that on 19th.

Hoping for a smooth process here on!

All the best to all of you on this journey!

Last edited:

adi.urban

Star Member
Jul 9, 2016
Hi @gurik and other folks, something interesting happened this morning. I opened the mycic portal and it said "Updated" on the profile, however, nothing changed in it.

My Timelines:
AOR: May 9th '17
FSW: O
Country of residence: USA
Citizen: India
Medicals: Jul 4th.
IP1/IP2(Not sure which one is this): Jul 7th
Ghost update: Jul 20th

Best.

manpindersingh

Jul 10, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-06-2017
Hi @gurik and other folks, something interesting happened this morning. I opened the mycic portal and it said "Updated" on the profile, however, nothing changed in it.

My Timelines:

Best.
Where it is showing update??

Cynicalmonk

May 3, 2017
Canada
Category........
Other
Hi friends. Got an update on July 19th from my Canadian consultant.
ITA- April 13'17
AOR- May 31'17
UCI nos allocated

Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam. (Date not specified by the consultant)
Review of additional documents The additional documents you provided are being reviewed.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check Not applicable.
Final decision Your application is in progress We will send you a message once a final decision has been made.

I guess i am in IP1 as of now. Need you valuable inputs here.
My timeline is similar to yours. I passed the medical on 5th July and my BC is Na since 6th July. All the best with your application. :)

Reactions: harps11

gurik

Champion Member
Apr 29, 2016
Category........
Other

My Timelines:

Best.
It must be Ip2 update then, as far as i understand from your message

Reactions: adi.urban

gurik

Champion Member
Apr 29, 2016
Category........
Other
Thanks for your response @gurik, do you know approximate time between IP1 status of background to N/A then N/A to IP2 background check in progress. As you said in above response that after clearing the medicals the file is at CIO, Sydney, Nova Scotia . How do we know that, is it same for every one.
As all candidates report this, hence it is well known.
IP1 to NA2- few hours to 15 days
NA2 to IP2- 15-30 dyas.
Depends on your case and reviewing officer, this is the tentative time for most applicants.

Kazem

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2017
Doc's Request.
24-03-2017
Hey, I've been trying to call CIC on +1-613-944-4000 but when it transfers to Immigration, it cuts me off saying I can't call from my country cuz its a toll free number.

I used this number to call multiple times previously and had no issue.

Anybody can give me an alternate number?