+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May AOR 2017 - Join here.

Kenth

Aug 19, 2017
I think my situation is similar to you. I passed medical 29th of May but I've received an email as you yesterday.
My medical will expire 8th Nov. I thought it would valid until then. I'm confusing and my agency sent a letter to CIC
about this issue and I'm waiting for some response from them.
I am sure that you do not have anything to worry about. CIC is only being proactive in your case so as to avoid an expiration of your PPR within few months of issuance. You are expected to enter Canada before your medicals expire. Therefore, its a good sign for you that CIC is asking you to re-do the medical test. Try retaking the test as soon as possible.

chemEmanju

Star Member
Sep 2, 2016
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
16-05-2017
Hey guys I need some help

FSW inland here
I need to go to India because of a very serious family situation, I may need to stay there for 4 or 5 months.

What if I get PPR while I am in India? Do I need to send the passport to the Visa office in India?

adi.urban

Star Member
Jul 9, 2016
Hey guys I need some help

FSW inland here
I need to go to India because of a very serious family situation, I may need to stay there for 4 or 5 months.

What if I get PPR while I am in India? Do I need to send the passport to the Visa office in India?
No if you are in Canada on a study or work visa, then are a temporary resident in Canada. You always file for visa the current country of residence. That will be Canada unless until you move back for Good.

achan88

Star Member
Nov 3, 2015
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-05-2017
AOR Received.
05-05-2017
Med's Done....
24-06-2017
Passport Req..
26-09-2017
FSWO
Scottish Citizen
AOR: May 2nd
Meds: Mid June
NA2: End of June....
NOTHING......!! !
London Visa Office

Any help appreciated! Losing the will!
Hey man. I was also in a similar situation as you. I got my IP2 status yesterday. So my suggestion is just be patient and hang in there. Have you emailed CPC? If not just send an email to CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca to inquire regarding the visa office processing your application. Below is the format of the email that they require :

If you are the applicant or an authorized representative, you must provide us with your application number in the subject line of your email and include in the body of your email the following information:

· Surname and Given name(s);

· Date of birth (YYYY-MM-DD);

· Unique Client Identifier (UCI) number / Client ID number;

· Category of Immigration (CEC, Provincial Nominee, Family Class, Federal Skilled Worker, Temporary Resident);

WaytogoAmy

Jun 22, 2017
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
04-05-2107
I am sure that you do not have anything to worry about. CIC is only being proactive in your case so as to avoid an expiration of your PPR within few months of issuance. You are expected to enter Canada before your medicals expire. Therefore, its a good sign for you that CIC is asking you to re-do the medical test. Try retaking the test as soon as possible.
Actually my agency said they let me take a medical again in a month. I'm under Cec inland. I hope it's a good sign for me. I haven't gotten the response from cic but I'm gonna try to retake it asap. thanks for your opinion. :)

chemEmanju

Star Member
Sep 2, 2016
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
16-05-2017
No if you are in Canada on a study or work visa, then are a temporary resident in Canada. You always file for visa the current country of residence. That will be Canada unless until you move back for Good.
I am in BOWP and i have to go to india because of an emergency.
so do I need to come back to canada to submit my passport?

leo_tary

Jun 14, 2017
Hi Guys,
Here is my application timeline :-
  • Application Submitted - 22nd May (22/05/17) , received the acknowledgement on the same day .
  • By 14th July (14/07/17) my medicals were passed {not sure about the exact date; have filed my application through an agent}.
  • Received the RPRF (request) on 19th July (19/07/17)... Paid the required amount just in time on 26th July (26/07/17).
  • Review of additional documents:- We do not need additional documents.
  • Background Status:- Not Applicable
  • Category - FSW-O

I cannot see any change in my "Background Check" status since the time I passed my Medicals (or may be from Day one itself - not sure though); but certainly its very much the same from 14th July till date (20th August) and its been over a month now.

Not sure why it has taken long for the PPR;

Can it be because of the RPRF payment done on the last day (7th day from its Request)? or some other reason?
Can someone please help me here!! I am started to getting a little worried now!!

Thanks!!

Last edited:

leo_tary

Jun 14, 2017
I called them yesterday, and they said my criminality and eligibility is done and file was moved to Ottawa, only security check was pending. and today i got this, its confusing this process.
Hi mapeleafs,
Can you please share the number so that I too can ask, if there is any update in my profile status. My Background Status is stuck on "Not Applicable" since 14th July and there hasn't been any activity on it (apart from RPRF requirement on 19th July and paid the amount on 26th July).

Atleast if I have the number, then I can ask the CIC immigration process guys about my application current status. Also, If there is a direct extension, then please share that too. It'll be very helpful

Thanks!!

kimi_pat

Star Member
May 2, 2017
CEC Landing Query

Hello everyone,

First of all, I would like to thank everyone for their continuous support & assistance in this forum. I have been following this forum for a while and it has been really helpful to get help in any subjects regarding Canadian immigration.

I am a CEC inland applicant and my AOR is May 21st. I am in NA2 stage at the moment. I am hoping I will get PPR in mid to late September looking at the current progress in CEC category.

I am planning to go to India for a few months once I get my passport back with PR visa stamp. My medical expires in May 2018 so hopefully PR visa will be valid till May, 2018 as well. I want to travel to few countries in Asia and then come back to Canada. And I am a bit confused in landing procedure and PR card arrival. Please see below two options and advise which one is best:

Option – 1

Once I get PR visa stamp in my passport, I can do the landing procedure at one of many Port of Entries ( Niagara Falls ) and then leave to India in a week or two. I can give my friend’s address for PR card to be mailed to. He is also going to India in Dec so he can bring my PR card with him. I can then come back to Canada. My return date is flexible so I can wait a bit longer till I get PR card in my hand in India. So upon returning to Canada, will border officials ask me how come I left the country just after landing and without receiving PR card myself? Will it create any issue? In this case, I can come back any time since I will have PR card in my hand. There will not be any limit or expiry date to enter Canada. Please confirm this if someone can.

Option – 2

Once I get PR visa stamp in my passport, I can fly to India in a week without landing. I can then stay in India and visit few countries for few months and then come back to Canada and finish landing procedure before May, 2018. In this case, will it create any issues if I would have visited few countries in Asia and have those additional visa stamps from those countries?

Please give your input. Any advice or help would be highly appreciated. Thank you.

Rad_111

Star Member
Jul 11, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
03-05-2017
Med's Done....
24-05-2017
All,

Happy to share that I got my PPR on 18th August. My timeline as below.

CEC Inland
May 03 AOR
Meds Passed and IP1 - 24th May 2017
NA2 - 11th August 2017
IP2 - 16th August 2017
PPR - 18th August 2017

Thanks everyone for you support specially @KiranK @andy108 , @RudraO for many clarifications through the journey!!

Wishing everyone Good Luck for their PPR!!

agvalen1810

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-05-2017
Just got a message on my profile about our BOWPs!!! They are approved!!! Does this mean we passed eligibility for our PR application?? The status still says: we are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements, is this supposed to change at some point?