+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May AOR 2017 - Join here.

srujju

Jan 4, 2012
Just got a reply back from CIC for the email that I sent yesterday..

Here it is ..
///////////////////////////////////////
Dear Sir,

Please be advised that your application is at our office and is being processed as per our regulatory timeline. Please note that we cannot confirm when your file will be ready for finalization.

We do not require any information from you at the present time. An officer will contact you if further information is required. Please ensure when submitting documents that they are still valid and will not expire within six (6) months as this could delay your application.

Please consult our Website for information regarding our processing times:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp.

For your information, the processing times, provided on the website, is the average time it took visa offices to approve or refuse 80 percent of applications during a specified period in the past. They may not accurately predict future processing times.

We appreciate your patience and ask that you keep correspondence with our office to a minimum.

Regards,

////////////////////////////////////////////////

I sent an email asking where my file is at ... Does any one have an idea what does that mean ?? is it at Ottawa office ?? and is there any way can we guess at what stage my application is ??

btw I am CEC inland.. May 4th AOR .. 99th day today..

srujju

Jan 4, 2012
and also I have called them finally.. Spoke to a friendly agent, she says " my application still in progress including eligibility :( "
and also says, right now we dont need any information, but your file is in good shape as of now".. I don't know what does that mean, but tensed ..
I thought my eligibility is done(I got my BOWP a month ago) , but now I got to know that the eligibility is not done yet :( ..

hope_faith

Star Member
Jun 30, 2017
and also I have called them finally.. Spoke to a friendly agent, she says " my application still in progress including eligibility :( "
and also says, right now we dont need any information, but your file is in good shape as of now".. I don't know what does that mean, but tensed ..
I thought my eligibility is done(I got my BOWP a month ago) , but now I got to know that the eligibility is not done yet :( ..
The email response you got is quite an eyeful, I don't know what to make of it, mine was much shorter but it sounds like your file is at Ottawa, I'm sorry you didn't get more reassuring news. Maybe the more knowledgeable forum members can give you better insight, and you could also consider ordering GCMS notes though they take 30 -40 days to arrive.
Try to stay positive and not let this ruin your day/weekend.

srujju

Jan 4, 2012
The email response you got is quite an eyeful, I don't know what to make of it, mine was much shorter but it sounds like your file is at Ottawa, I'm sorry you didn't get more reassuring news. Maybe the more knowledgeable forum members can give you better insight, and you could also consider ordering GCMS notes though they take 30 -40 days to arrive.
Try to stay positive and not let this ruin your day/weekend.
I will order GCMS notes. Yes, it is quite different .. they have not confirmed anything even over the phone or on email..
what response did you get from CIC ?? would you mind sharing ? I just would like to compare it and try to analyse ( though I am not good at analysis)

hope_faith

Star Member
Jun 30, 2017
I will order GCMS notes. Yes, it is quite different .. they have not confirmed anything even over the phone or on email..
what response did you get from CIC ?? would you mind sharing ? I just would like to compare it and try to analyse ( though I am not good at analysis)
This is the response I got from them:

Dear ...,

Thank you for contacting our office. Please note that your application is currently being processed at the Centralized Intake Office in Sydney, Nova Scotia. For all general inquiries please refer to our website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/index.asp.

Please submit any inquiries via our web form and your inquiry will be redirected to the correct office:

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx.

You may also contact the Call Centre, toll-free from within Canada, at 1-888-242-2100.

Regards,

Marie

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada | Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada
Government of Canada | Gouvernement du Canada

www.cic.gc.ca MB16731

Reactions: srujju

nskz24

Aug 10, 2017
Hey Buddy,
What is the status of your additional documents and eligibility?
status is :we are processing your application......
and additional documents is :The additional documents you provided are being reviewed.
Am I in IP2 ?

Canicule

Jun 29, 2017
Vancouver
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
01-05-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
I'm in pretty much same situation the only difference I haven't got my BOWP yet....
AOR may 1st
CEC inland
BOWP paper application received May 2nd
Medical passed June 6th
ADR - June 7th (PCC from Hong Kong, they mailed it directly to CIC)
I call Immigration on July 18th but PCC had not been delivered yet.
I didn't check my account for a week coz I was traveling.
Checked yesterday and status on additional doc changed only :

Application status We are processing your application.
We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Help
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. Help
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam. Help
Review of additional documents The additional documents you provided are being reviewed. Help
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. Help
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes. Help
Background check Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check. Help
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made. Help

So, what stage my application? Is it IP2?
Do you know if agent on the phone can tell if R10 passed?

PS. Thank you all for sharing info and helping with answers!

Last edited:

srujju

Jan 4, 2012
@Canicule
They did not tell me what is passed and what is not passed, but looks like you are in IP2 .. your Back ground check says ' Your application is in progress' thats good.... my background section still stuck at N/A for the last 2 months.. so I called them ..

Canicule

Jun 29, 2017
Vancouver
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
01-05-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
@Canicule
They did not tell me what is passed and what is not passed, but looks like you are in IP2 .. your Back ground check says ' Your application is in progress' thats good.... my background section still stuck at N/A for the last 2 months.. so I called them ..
Hm, thanks for answer!
Wish you get good news soon!

hope_faith

Star Member
Jun 30, 2017
@hope_faith

Usually, file will be in Ottawa office at what stage ? Do you have any idea ?..
You're very welcome

As far as I know, the file goes to the Local Visa Office (LVO) for finalization after it leaves the Centralized Intake Office (CIO) at Sydney Nova Scotia. The LVO is where the final checks (what is said to be IP2) are done and then application approved or in a few cases denied. But I gather most rejections are done at the CIO...

sdnr1980

Aug 10, 2017
Hi My current status as below: AOR on 15-May. Medicals passed on 28-Jul. CEC inland.
Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you. Help
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. Help
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam. Help
Review of additional documents The additional documents you provided are being reviewed. Help
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. Help
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes. Help
Background check Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check. Help
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Which stage in my application. In IP1 or IP2. i tried calling CIC but not able to get enough information on my application process.

Reactions: kcc