+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2023 Outland Spousal Sponsorship

Esselte

Star Member
Sep 14, 2023
I received the COPR number today and a letter requesting me to send documents to the nearest VAC - passport request, although I don't have to send my original passport (because I am from the eTA country), I have to send everything else as usual. So, I have a question.
  • The letter asks for 2 photographs taken within the last 6 months. I have 2 photographs that I took for the PR process, which are older than 6 months (dated and signed according to IRCC specs on the back). Should I take another trip to the photographer or those two would be accepted?
I've submitted my documents to VFS Global in Sweden today. We see how long it takes to get final COPR papers back.

I assume they will send me paper copies that I need to present when landing in Canada.

Reactions: Temidayo_

Esselte

Star Member
Sep 14, 2023
LOL! I have just received a second PPR letter. The first one was issued from the Centralized Intake Office on January 29th and the second from the London office on February 12th. I submitted my document package last week and waiting for the tracking number.

supreet2324

Jun 3, 2023
PLEASE REPLY AND HELP ME ITS URGENT

so my husband got his passport today with the visa and copr letter. if I file my 2023 tax in April as single will it affect his landing getting his PR card at the airport. for family reasons I cannot declare my martial status as married for 2023 tax filing, so please help me, will this affect his landing to Canada, for example if he lands after I file my tax.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
PLEASE REPLY AND HELP ME ITS URGENT

so my husband got his passport today with the visa and copr letter. if I file my 2023 tax in April as single will it affect his landing getting his PR card at the airport. for family reasons I cannot declare my martial status as married for 2023 tax filing, so please help me, will this affect his landing to Canada, for example if he lands after I file my tax.
I don't understand your question, did you get married in 2023 or 2024? If you got married in 2023 (doesn't matter physically where he is or if he is a PR or not, you should filed as married)

BUT back to your question, it won't affect his landing.

BUT you shouldn't filed as single since you are not single. I really don't understand why your "family" will affect how you file your tax return. If yoiu don't want to use the same accountant as the rest of your "family", you could file your own tax or hire a different account.

supreet2324

Jun 3, 2023
I don't understand your question, did you get married in 2023 or 2024? If you got married in 2023 (doesn't matter physically where he is or if he is a PR or not, you should filed as married)

BUT back to your question, it won't affect his landing. BUT you shouldn't filed as single since you were not single.
I got married in April 2023, I know I should not file as single, but due to some personal reasons I cannot file it as married. So it will not affect his landing right because he got the visa stamp and copr today, we are just waiting on his advance parole document from the US, so he could leave the country.

Kananaskis

Star Member
Oct 4, 2023
It won't affect his landing but, if you file as single there will be paperwork to raise questions about the truth of the relationship.
Probably will not happen but, IRCC can raise concerns about your application if they find out you are filling taxes or filling important government documents as single when they considered you married in the first place.
Just something to think about, I think it's a complicated thing and quite frankly if I were you I would file them as married since that's your martial status.
If not IRCC, CRA might say something about that because your taxes could be different as a couple.

anaqi

Star Member
Jun 2, 2016
Our virtual landing completed today and the wife became a permanent resident (timeline in signature). Best of luck to everyone and hopefully everyone else is nearing the end of their PR application journey soon!

ariesliyh

Dec 25, 2022
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
04-05-2023
AOR Received.
06-07-2023
Med's Request
13-09-2023
Med's Done....
23-09-2023
Any May applicant still under the "In progress" stage?

For my case, there're 3 members in the application, PA and 2 daughters born overseas. The son is born in Canada so he's not in the application.

Current situation
PA's Background verification is still In progress, other 3 parts are completed.
2 daughters' medical exam is completed, Biometrics is exempted because under 18 years old, Eligibility Not started, Background verification In progress

last really updated was -
Oct 10, 2023 IRCC received the police certificate(s) you sent us.

and then we have sent some webforms (from Oct - Nov) to clarify our son is Canadian and no need to do the medical exam, IRCC replied on Nov 30 that my son no need to do the medical exam, so the Status Tracker status is - Updated: Dec 01, 2023

It's been so long since we submitted application on May 04, though we got the pre-arrival letter on Sep 21, then no any updates. Any good news from May applicants?

FraKra

Nov 7, 2023
Québec
Category........
FAM
Still in progress too. Last update was 22nd of June 23 that I have passed my medical test. Everything else shows still in progress and there are no changes But just got my OWP so I can already work in Canada and be with my husband. That waiting isn't fun