+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2023 Outland Spousal Sponsorship

Temidayo_

Dec 3, 2019
Thank you. The letter says I DO NOT have to send my original passport, just a photocopy of it + pictures, etc. Does it mean I will just get paper copies of COPR and won't have any stamps anywhere? As in, I will travel to Canada on eTA for the landing and will later travel with my passport and PR card?
If it says you do not have to send then it means you are a citizen of a country that doesn’t require a Visa to enter Canada. For people in your category, it is as you have mentioned, they will only ask for a photocopy of your passport data page. Yes you will ger COPR paper copies that you will present to the border officer upon landing, then they will sign it and put a stamp, On it. What us your country of citizenship?

Reactions: Esselte

Esselte

Star Member
Sep 14, 2023
If it says you do not have to send then it means you are a citizen of a country that doesn’t require a Visa to enter Canada. For people in your category, it is as you have mentioned, they will only ask for a photocopy of your passport data page. Yes you will ger COPR paper copies that you will present to the border officer upon landing, then they will sign it and put a stamp, On it. What us your country of citizenship?
That's great, thanks. I got so excited and nervous at the same time that I'm asking questions I probably read the answers for already anyway. Too many emotions in one day hahaha :) Citizenship Poland, residence Norway.

Temidayo_

Dec 3, 2019
That's great, thanks. I got so excited and nervous at the same time that I'm asking questions I probably read the answers for already anyway. Too many emotions in one day hahaha :) Citizenship Poland, residence Norway.
Oh no worries. I understand I can’t wait for my husband to join me either. Oh yeah Polish citizens do not need a Visa to enter Canada so you are on track. Hoping we get a response soon too. We got Medical request in December as well but late December. We will see how that plays out!
Start packing!!!

notdutra

Jan 19, 2024
Sent my Application on March 3rd, 2023
Apr 18 - Application received
June 23 - biometrics request
June 26 - transfered aplication from Sydney VO to Mexico VO
June 28 - biometrics completed
Sept 20 - Medical request
Sept 29 - Medical completed
Oct 26 - Eligibility completed
Oct 27 - Received pre arrival service email
No updates after that... i send a webform last week but nothing yet

Nov 15, 2023
I received the COPR number today and a letter requesting me to send documents to the nearest VAC - passport request, although I don't have to send my original passport (because I am from the eTA country), I have to send everything else as usual. So, I have a question.
  • The letter asks for 2 photographs taken within the last 6 months. I have 2 photographs that I took for the PR process, which are older than 6 months (dated and signed according to IRCC specs on the back). Should I take another trip to the photographer or those two would be accepted?
Yayyy ! Told you so ! Congratulations

Reactions: Esselte

Esselte

Star Member
Sep 14, 2023
Sent my Application on March 3rd, 2023
Apr 18 - Application received
June 23 - biometrics request
June 26 - transfered aplication from Sydney VO to Mexico VO
June 28 - biometrics completed
Sept 20 - Medical request
Sept 29 - Medical completed
Oct 26 - Eligibility completed
Oct 27 - Received pre arrival service email
No updates after that... i send a webform last week but nothing yet
Is your background check still in progress? This is apparently the part that may take a long time.

Reactions: notdutra