+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

<<<<<<<<<< MAY 2023 AOR >>>>>>>>>>

SayeeRaina0503

Star Member
May 15, 2023
Guys I have a query, Now my wife is inside Canada along with me but she needs to travel outside to her home country. Now that our file has been stuck at RROC, Can she travel outside the country when we get our RFV? If so, does she need to send her passport for stamping? she already have Visitor visa. will that delay the process further for me as well to get my PR card here in Canada?

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Guys I have a query, Now my wife is inside Canada along with me but she needs to travel outside to her home country. Now that our file has been stuck at RROC, Can she travel outside the country when we get our RFV? If so, does she need to send her passport for stamping? she already have Visitor visa. will that delay the process further for me as well to get my PR card here in Canada?
Yes, she can travel outside. Depending on how long she is going to stay outside:
1. she can either get your passport stamped
2. she can respond to the portal email after she's back in Canada

If she does #1, see this post: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/january-2023-aor.786051/post-10531292

Reactions: SayeeRaina0503

SayeeRaina0503

Star Member
May 15, 2023

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Thanks much! If she opts for Option #2, It will delay my PR too right?
No, you'll be landed virtually and get the option to apply for PR card. For your wife, she'll have to get her passports stamped and her PR card process will start the moment she physically lands as a PR. Her visitor visa or any other temporary visa would be void once she gets a COPR.

SayeeRaina0503

Star Member
May 15, 2023
No, you'll be landed virtually and get the option to apply for PR card. For your wife, she'll have to get her passports stamped and her PR card process will start the moment she physically lands as a PR. Her visitor visa or any other temporary visa would be void once she gets a COPR.
Thanks a ton for your response! Just one more doubt, If I travel outside Canada now for a month after they issue my Portal email and E-COPR eventually, will my current TRV becomes invalid? that would be a tricky situation to be in right? Cuz I would not be able to delay my travel further as I would have exhausted all my vacation in my company.

Scenario 2: If I travel outside and later they issue my Portal Email. what happens then? Can I come back after a month and respond to the email. someone said I need to respond within 7 days of getting the Portal 1 email, is that so?

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Thanks a ton for your response! Just one more doubt, If I travel outside Canada now for a month after they issue my Portal email and E-COPR eventually, will my current TRV becomes invalid? that would be a tricky situation to be in right? Cuz I would not be able to delay my travel further as I would have exhausted all my vacation in my company.

Scenario 2: If I travel outside and later they issue my Portal Email. what happens then? Can I come back after a month and respond to the email. someone said I need to respond within 7 days of getting the Portal 1 email, is that so?
So, a word of caution here - Don't respond to portal from out of Canada as your TRV will be invalid and you'll need a PRTD to come back. PR cards can definitely take their time to arrive too.

About responding to portal - you need to respond it in time assigned. I see that some people get as much as 30 days to respond back as well.

SayeeRaina0503

Star Member
May 15, 2023
So, a word of caution here - Don't respond to portal from out of Canada as your TRV will be invalid and you'll need a PRTD to come back. PR cards can definitely take their time to arrive too.

About responding to portal - you need to respond it in time assigned. I see that some people get as much as 30 days to respond back as well.
Thank you so much! Really appreciate all your help!

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay

Rahal2000

Star Member
Nov 23, 2022
You are an inland applicant, there is no REV nor PPR, the remaining steps for you are: portal 1 email -> portal 2 email -> eCOPR then -> PR card. Of course, there is no info on how much time the process would take.

In your case, you're still waiting for the first portal e-mail that will ask you both to declare where you are now. In my opinion, if she i) doesn't need a visa to return and ii) she has an urgent travel, she can travel there's no problem at all:
1) If you receive the email during her travel:
a) you can just wait for her to return back then you reply to the email (Be aware about the validity of her visa after receiving that email)
b) you can reply directly and mention that she's out the country and provide the requested information. In this case, you follow the steps they request.
2) If she returns before the email, there will be no issue.
I hope this helps.

Last edited:

femi_kan

Star Member
Mar 7, 2023
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
March 29
Oh! Wow! I attached a screenshot of the exchange rate as at my time of submission. I hope that suffices! Is there anything I can do anyways?
Did you send an updated POF before your PPR?

SayeeRaina0503

Star Member
May 15, 2023
You are an inland applicant, there is no REV nor PPR, the remaining steps for you are: portal 1 email -> portal 2 email -> eCOPR then -> PR card. Of course, there is no info on how much time the process would take.

In your case, you're still waiting for the first portal e-mail that will ask you both to declare where you are now. In my opinion, if she i) doesn't need a visa to return and ii) she has an urgent travel, she can travel there's no problem at all:
1) If you receive the email during her travel:
a) you can just wait for her to return back then you reply to the email (Be aware about the validity of her visa after receiving that email)
b) you can reply directly and mention that she's out the country and provide the requested information. In this case, you follow the steps they request.
2) If she returns before the email, there will be no issue.
I hope this helps.
Thanks a lot!

MysteryLog

Jan 19, 2023
Hello everyone, my wife applied as the primary applicant while our 3 children and I are dependants. On her tracker, eligibility, medical, biometrics and background check all show completed while for me and the kids, eligibility is not started and background check is still showing that it is in progress. Can someone explain this to me? And what do people mean by Portal 1 and Portal 2. Seen a lot of that in the comments on this thread. Just to add that its my first time checking the portal today and the background eligibility for my wife was changed yesterday July 19.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Hello everyone, my wife applied as the primary applicant while our 3 children and I are dependants. On her tracker, eligibility, medical, biometrics and background check all show completed while for me and the kids, eligibility is not started and background check is still showing that it is in progress. Can someone explain this to me? And what do people mean by Portal 1 and Portal 2. Seen a lot of that in the comments on this thread. Just to add that its my first time checking the portal today and the background eligibility for my wife was changed yesterday July 19.
Eligibility for dependent will always stay in progress. It will never change to completed.

Portal is what inland applicants get.

Reactions: MysteryLog