+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

<<<<<<<<<< MAY 2023 AOR >>>>>>>>>>

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Yes, I understand that. I have not claimed CRS points for close family. I was talking about the Express Entry-FSW eligibility points where the cut off is 67 points. There you get 5 points under Adaptability if you have a relative in Canada, which includes your Uncle (by blood or marriage). Thanks for pointing this out. This will be helpful to a lot of folks. More details can be found here- https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/federal-skilled-workers/six-selection-factors-federal-skilled-workers.html#adaptability
That's a relief to learn that you didn't claimed CRS points here :)

Reactions: Tomia and Charu2021

Charu2021

Sep 23, 2021
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
22-05-2023
That's a relief to learn that you didn't claimed CRS points here :)
Haha yes, IKR. I was worried about the same and rechecked my ITA . In my ADR, I attached my ITA as well to make it further clear. On Friday, The status of additional documents changed to - The additional Documents you submitted have been uploaded.
Hoping to see further updates soon.

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay

albericoneto

Apr 9, 2023
Hi guys, got tracker updated today with COPR, still no RFV/PPR email but I believe it will come soon. Posting my timeline below to help who is waiting:

FSW-O | Brazil

AOR: May 28th
MEP/BIL/UCI: June 20th
Ghost update 1: June 21st
Able to create account on tracker: June 21st
Biometrics collection: June 22nd
Biometrics completed on tracker and GCKey: June 23rd
Ghost Update 2: July 1st
Eligibility started: July 3rd
Status change in GCKey: July 9th: Latest update: Final decision - July 9, 2023:Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
All completed in tracker and COPR details: July 10th

Total waiting time from AOR to COPR in portal: 43 days

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
have you made it into Canada as yet? I am getting cold-feet now about moving considering the stress of new job, housing, etc.
Was going to move at the end of April, but I was dealing with an emergency till a few weeks ago. I now will move at the end of Aug or September.

Being stressed out because of job, housing, etc is perfectly okay. Have you considered any of these options to make your transition easier?
1. Getting a job pre-landing
2. Soft landing to get a job, rental, etc and then bring everyone (if you have dependants) once you feel comfortable
3. Leveraging friends and family to help you settle - it might sound a bit more, but it makes a huge difference if there's someone helping you(e.g. renting a friend's house/room, etc)
4. Talking to professionals from your industry, holding similar job titles or higher to benchmark your skills and comp expectations
5. There are realtors who work exclusively with newcomers - they might ask you for 4-6 months of rent in advance, but can solve a part of your settlement

I've a job so that makes it easier to think about where to live, what to rent/buy, etc.

Reactions: markcm

Raptor33

May 10, 2020
Was going to move at the end of April, but I was dealing with an emergency till a few weeks ago. I now will move at the end of Aug or September.

Being stressed out because of job, housing, etc is perfectly okay. Have you considered any of these options to make your transition easier?
1. Getting a job pre-landing
2. Soft landing to get a job, rental, etc and then bring everyone (if you have dependants) once you feel comfortable
3. Leveraging friends and family to help you settle - it might sound a bit more, but it makes a huge difference if there's someone helping you(e.g. renting a friend's house/room, etc)
4. Talking to professionals from your industry, holding similar job titles or higher to benchmark your skills and comp expectations
5. There are realtors who work exclusively with newcomers - they might ask you for 4-6 months of rent in advance, but can solve a part of your settlement

I've a job so that makes it easier to think about where to live, what to rent/buy, etc.
It sounds like you have a lot on your plate right now, but I'm glad to hear that you have a job lined up. That will definitely make the transition easier. I'm glad to hear that you are now in a better position to start planning.

albericoneto

Apr 9, 2023
Just received RFV! Finally!! :)

Question, I received only one RFV email mentioning my UCI on top but didn't received anything for my wife yet (dependent / accompanying spouse - FSW-O both currently in Brazil), already checked her email and spam boxes. Should we receive one email each or can we use the same RFV for both?

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Hi guys, got tracker updated today with COPR, still no RFV/PPR email but I believe it will come soon. Posting my timeline below to help who is waiting:

FSW-O | Brazil

AOR: May 28th
MEP/BIL/UCI: June 20th
Ghost update 1: June 21st
Able to create account on tracker: June 21st
Biometrics collection: June 22nd
Biometrics completed on tracker and GCKey: June 23rd
Ghost Update 2: July 1st
Eligibility started: July 3rd
Status change in GCKey: July 9th: Latest update: Final decision - July 9, 2023:Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
All completed in tracker and COPR details: July 10th

Total waiting time from AOR to COPR in portal: 43 days
That was incredibly quick ! Good Luck

Reactions: Tomia

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Just received RFV! Finally!! :)

Question, I received only one RFV email mentioning my UCI on top but didn't received anything for my wife yet (dependent / accompanying spouse - FSW-O both currently in Brazil), already checked her email and spam boxes. Should we receive one email each or can we use the same RFV for both?
Congratulations ! RFV will only contain name of primary applicant but can be used for all the applicants.