+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

<<<<<<<<<< MAY 2023 AOR >>>>>>>>>>

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Not betting my life, but a lot depends on it. I think that's the case with every outland applicant. Things do deoend. Would I make a long term investment in my home country right now? Probably not. Given your experience with this, I have been holding out for an explanation mate. At least give it a try! Please don't share another old response of yours, I admit that you are a zen personality. But I don't aspire to be like you right now.
Explanation to what? The fact that IRCC has given you R10 pass and won't work on your eligibility? That's upto them. You can't make them do anything unless you are past 26 months of average wait time, nor do they owe you any explanation. You know, you can withdraw your application if this is causing all that stress to you. To most applicants here, truth is, Canada is the only country that will ever entertain them - but most act like they are owed something.

A citizenship in a tier 1 country costs $200k, if you are getting it for a steal deal, nothing to complaint about it. From now on, I'm simply ignoring your profile(I won't get any notifications or see your posts). I can't deal with an entitled child.

crunchyfrappe8

Star Member
Feb 2, 2023
I'm sorry folks, I realise I'm using this forum to vent out things rather than for serious doubts. Anyway, it's not helping my mental health visiting this thread regularly without any serious concern. Perhaps I will make a separate thread about my particular issue. Don't wish to spread unnecessary negativity.

Vision-Air

Star Member
May 27, 2023
My timeline
My timeline:

AIP
New Brunswick
Outland

Applied for Work Permit on January 2023
Got BIL on the next day.
Biometrics collected 3 days later and got on their system at the same day.
So far I haven't heard of them (5 months already)

Applied for PR on April 2023
19 days later I got my PR returned due to the wrong type of ECA, instead of Immigration Purposes I sent the Academic Purposes.
It was an e-mail saying that my process got returned for missing documents according to the R10 and I would get refunded.
Got it corrected on the next day After calling WES and re-ordering my ECA but this time for Immigration Purposes.
I uploaded the soft copy of the ECA to the application and got the hard copy mailed to my address. (The soft copy works only if doesn't have water marks saying Not Official).
I used the same application fee receipt, I didn't needed to restart the whole process.
When I logged in my account it was highlighted in red what was wrong, which gave me the option to delete the wrong ECA and upload the right one.
Then I submitted it again on the very next day that they had returned my application.

23 days later I got my AOR with my PR application number.

I linked it to my GCKey account, now I have both Work Permit and Permanent Resident Applications there.

I managed to create an account for my Work Permit on the status tracker tool but so far I couldn't create one for my PR, I still don't know why.

I had to upload my Proof of Funds using the web form since I was waiting my bank to send me a bank statement signed by the manager of authority responsible. I used the WebForm under this option “Replacement documents, Amendments to documents, and verification of status documents” option since there isn't an option for AIP. Got a reply confirming that they received the document.

I hope that helps anyone

Last edited:
Reactions: iSaidGoodDay

hv0917

May 27, 2023
Hi guys, sorry for my silly question, but can the photo post PPR be the same one with the one submitted post ITA? It's still within 6 months anyways so I'm just wondering..

wowangst

Star Member
Jan 19, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
AOR Received.
04-05-2023
Med's Done....
04-05-2023
Passport Req..
25/01/2024
VISA ISSUED...
05/02/2024

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Hi guys, sorry for my silly question, but can the photo post PPR be the same one with the one submitted post ITA? It's still within 6 months anyways so I'm just wondering..
No! You don't want to do that :D

Use the exact specifications they send over in your PPR/RFV. Ask the photographer to not edit your face. And remember to not smile on this photo. They literally reject those.

Reactions: hv0917

SimonAgre

Nov 18, 2021
sadly i am in the same boat, i did all online and not sure why i cannot open an account for my PR application using the tracker and Gckey has no update for a month since i got my AOR, i see a lot o f people getting udpated here and i basically just refresh my account to see if something has changed :( it is really stressful, other part if my WP expires on december if i see no response here i might need to process a new WP, i am inland but to me and my family this is all we have , i can only think that CEC applications seems to be taking longer than FSW or at least i have not see in the forum to many CEC applicants posting updates

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
sadly i am in the same boat, i did all online and not sure why i cannot open an account for my PR application using the tracker and Gckey has no update for a month since i got my AOR, i see a lot o f people getting udpated here and i basically just refresh my account to see if something has changed :( it is really stressful, other part if my WP expires on december if i see no response here i might need to process a new WP, i am inland but to me and my family this is all we have , i can only think that CEC applications seems to be taking longer than FSW or at least i have not see in the forum to many CEC applicants posting updates
Apply for extension asap on your WP. Don't assume that your PR will be processed in less than 6 months. If they send you to comprehensive check you won't get anything for next year or even later.

There's literally nothing to stress about here. You are inland, your old bio and old medicals would be linked - this is different from an outland applicant whose bio and medicals have to be approved asap for eligibility to start. IRCC tend to link bio and give MEP a bit later for inland applicants in general.

SimonAgre

Nov 18, 2021
well i was reading you post on regaridng time.... and well since the online page said the current average time for CEC applications is 4 monthsi would asume and my company as well that PR would be processed before the WP expires, so i guess i am overstressing for a month of no updtes when in reality i should wait 4 months to be stressed >.< since that would mean i am of the 20% that would take longer to process(knock on wood for this not to happen), in any case thanks for the recommendation, will ask my company to start working on the work permit or well with the AOR letter to process a bridging WP

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
well i was reading you post on regaridng time.... and well since the online page said the current average time for CEC applications is 4 monthsi would asume and my company as well that PR would be processed before the WP expires, so i guess i am overstressing for a month of no updtes when in reality i should wait 4 months to be stressed >.< since that would mean i am of the 20% that would take longer to process(knock on wood for this not to happen), in any case thanks for the recommendation, will ask my company to start working on the work permit or well with the AOR letter to process a bridging WP
Wait. I don't think you need to ask your company for anything(very small chance that I could be wrong here). I think post ITA/AOR you qualify for an extension without needing the employer. You should browse relevant threads or ask another CEC. If you don't find anything, you can simply create a new thread.

From what others posted, it didn't seemed like a very difficult process. If you are unable to find, do hit me up. I know folks here who recently extended their work permits too, happy to tag them otherwise.