+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2022 Spousal Sponsorship Outland and Inland - Paper/Online

Harsh193

May 8, 2019
A quick question..

Is it required to provide a support letter from family/friends or is it optional because I haven’t submitted with my application. Can they return the application if not submitted?

Kiikii

Jul 6, 2022
A quick question..

Is it required to provide a support letter from family/friends or is it optional because I haven’t submitted with my application. Can they return the application if not submitted?
The more proof of relationship is always better, we provided 5/6 letters from both sides of our family/friends. I know someone else submitted 25 letters lol But that doesn't mean they will return your file unless there is more lack of information or false information provided. Someone onv this forum should have more definite answers... i am just new here too good luck dont worry

Kiikii

Jul 6, 2022
May 2022 applicants gather here. Hope our applications will be processed on time. My wife's application was submitted today, 12th of May online and now we're just waiting for AOR.
We can start a Whatsapp group once we have enough persons on this thread.

Please let me know if a similar thread already exists, and I can delete this one.

Best wishes everyone!
Aprill whatsapp group is full.. i am april applicant my husband and i are eagerly waiting some progress... I would want to join May group i guess :D

Kiikii

Jul 6, 2022
Hello ! I Submitted my Wife's spousal sponsorship application on May 17th.
I have a UCI # from Visitor visa for application in progress for my wife. I tried tracking the application us PR tracking tool. But it doesn't let me register using my UCI or my wife's UCI. How long do I need to wait to register for the tracking tool ?
Hi Nikhil, i tried to register myself on tracker using my UCI from visitor visa but no doesnt work... apparently we have to wait for initial AOR - Acknowledgement of Receipt which will have application number on it etc and then register for Tracker.

Last edited:

Eleesa

May 13, 2022
Hi,
Any updates for anyone....I submitted my application on May 21,2022.I haven't received the AOR yet.
Thank you

poporopos

Sep 22, 2021
What's happened to the spreadsheet for December 2021? I went to check AOR times and most of the data is deleted?

RemiPuppy

Star Member
Feb 25, 2022
My wife got her OWP approved today, expecting the official letter in mail this week. Thanks for sharing your timeline, it gave us great hope.
Congratulations! My husband passed his medical on Friday too, so we don't have much left to wait for :D Hopefully things keep going smoothly

ARED1

Jul 19, 2022
New poster here,

UK citizen with Canadian wife (sponsor) and son together.

Submitted inland PR Family sponsorship in January 2022 but the application was returned in March as incomplete - (A spelling error......)
Re-submitted 12th May 2022 with immigration lawyer representative. Looking forward to a work visa being granted, I had a two year International Experience Canada visa which expired earlier in the the year.

Best of luck everyone!!

.........................................................................................................................................
Paper inland spousal sponsorship May 2022

Timeline:
Application received: 12 May
AOR: 28 June
Medical request: 28 June
Medical exam: 04 July
Medical exam passed: 15 July

Sabariraj

Star Member
Jan 26, 2018
Congratulations! My husband passed his medical on Friday too, so we don't have much left to wait for :D Hopefully things keep going smoothly
Great, My wife passed Medical on Monday(07/18), received OWP in mail yesterday. Got an appointment at Service Canada for applying SIN tomorrow.

Maher_mohamed4

Dec 15, 2021
New poster here,

UK citizen with Canadian wife (sponsor) and son together.

Submitted inland PR Family sponsorship in January 2022 but the application was returned in March as incomplete - (A spelling error......)
Re-submitted 12th May 2022 with immigration lawyer representative. Looking forward to a work visa being granted, I had a two year International Experience Canada visa which expired earlier in the the year.

Best of luck everyone!!

.........................................................................................................................................

Timeline:
Application received: 12 May
AOR: 28 June
Medical request: 28 June
Medical exam: 04 July
Medical exam passed: 15 July
95% your will pasport request on earlier December 2022. According to my knowledge after medical passed it takes 3-5 months to complete eligibility review including ur background check.

wish u success

Rany88

Nov 11, 2021
Hi, I applied for inland sposorship for my wife along with open work permit on May 2022 in Canada by paper, Her open work permit was approved today, I saw the notice online, only one line message saying your application is approved as of today for 2 years, Now, what should we do? wait for open work permit to arrive by mail? are they sending it by mail?
I also applied to extend her stay as a visitor, and that application is in process, should I withdraw that one since her work permit is been approved?
She has her sponsorship is process as well. already did her medical.

Thank you for your help.

Timeline:
Application received: 23 May
AOR: 23 June
Medical request: 20 June
Open Work permit approval: 20 July
Medical passed: 1 July

Last edited:
Reactions: mapple007

RemiPuppy

Star Member
Feb 25, 2022
Hi, I applied for inland sposorship for my wife along with open work permit on May 2022 in Canada by paper, Her open work permit was approved today, I saw the notice online, only one line message saying your application is approved as of today for 2 years, Now, what should we do? wait for open work permit to arrive by mail? are they sending it by mail?
I also applied to extend her stay as a visitor, and that application is in process, should I withdraw that one since her work permit is been approved?
She has her sponsorship is process as well. already did her medical.

Thank you for your help.

Timeline:
Application received: 23 May
AOR: 23 June
Medical request: 20 June
Open Work permit approval: 20 July
Medical passed: 1 July
Congrats on the permit! They will send it through the mail, so keep an eye on that

The work permit isn't like a visa - she will still need a visitor visa to remain in Canada and use her work permit. So keep that extension application, because she will need that even with a work permit