+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2022 Spousal Sponsorship Outland and Inland - Paper/Online

RemiPuppy

Star Member
Feb 25, 2022
We received a medical request letter with IMM1017, which has application number on it. Did you get two emails, one for AOR and one for medical request?
Yes, it arrived on the same day, though

We just got his OWP yesterday, too!

Sabariraj

Star Member
Jan 26, 2018
Yes, it arrived on the same day, though

We just got his OWP yesterday, too!
Thanks, we received AORs on the same day but after receiving the medical requests. if we go by your timeline, we will have the OWP approved next week. did you receive the OWP in mail or through email?

Last edited:

RemiPuppy

Star Member
Feb 25, 2022
Thanks, we received AORs on the same day but after receiving the medical requests. if we go by your timeline, we will have the OWP approved next week. did you receive the OWP in mail or through email?
The OWP went to his email, so keep an eye on whichever email was provided specifically for the permit. It was just an automated email from IRCC, containing an attachment which was the official letter. It gave UCI, application number and permit expiry and number. It said that the official permit will be sent later.

Sabariraj

Star Member
Jan 26, 2018
The OWP went to his email, so keep an eye on whichever email was provided specifically for the permit. It was just an automated email from IRCC, containing an attachment which was the official letter. It gave UCI, application number and permit expiry and number. It said that the official permit will be sent later.
Thanks a lot for your response, we will keep an eye and update if anything comes

Kiikii

Jul 6, 2022
Hello ! I Submitted my Wife's spousal sponsorship application on May 17th.
I have a UCI # from Visitor visa for application in progress for my wife. I tried tracking the application us PR tracking tool. But it doesn't let me register using my UCI or my wife's UCI. How long do I need to wait to register for the tracking tool ?
Until you receive the AOR... acknowledgement of receipt. which me n my husband are waiting for ours submitted on April 26

Kiikii

Jul 6, 2022
Hello ! I Submitted my Wife's spousal sponsorship application on May 17th.
I have a UCI # from Visitor visa for application in progress for my wife. I tried tracking the application us PR tracking tool. But it doesn't let me register using my UCI or my wife's UCI. How long do I need to wait to register for the tracking tool ?
And mine was Online application using my immigration consultant rep

Kiikii

Jul 6, 2022
Hello everyone.
My common-law partner sponsors me. I submitted my inland application on May 2.
Is someone knows, can we travel outside of Canada together? is it going to somehow affect the application?
thank you
No you cant travel outside Canada with an Inland Spousal Sponsorship Application in process.. there is a chance of refusal to re-enter and application being cancelled/annulled/abandoned

Last edited:

poporopos

Sep 22, 2021
No you cant travel outside Canada with an Inland Spousal Sponsorship Application in process.. there is a chance of refusal to re-enter and application being cancelled/annulled/abandoned
This is not correct. You can legally leave Canada and come back. There are just two issues for why it is not usually advised.
1. You are correct that if you can't get back in, the application will be considered abandoned. However, it's not true that "you can't travel outside Canada". Many people do it and get back in. The risk of denied entry is lower if you have OWP or travelling with your sponsor. The risk is higher if you have visitor status only. Only the PA can make this decision.
2. You are required to live in Canada during the Inland application. If the sponsor is PR, the sponsor is also required to live in Canada. The risk of having a problem goes up the longer you are outside Canada. If you leave for a week, you can say it was a short trip. If you are gone for two months, IRCC can claim you are no longer living in Canada and they can cancel your application.

Kiikii

Jul 6, 2022
This is not correct. You can legally leave Canada and come back. There are just two issues for why it is not usually advised.
1. You are correct that if you can't get back in, the application will be considered abandoned. However, it's not true that "you can't travel outside Canada". Many people do it and get back in. The risk of denied entry is lower if you have OWP or travelling with your sponsor. The risk is higher if you have visitor status only. Only the PA can make this decision.
2. You are required to live in Canada during the Inland application. If the sponsor is PR, the sponsor is also required to live in Canada. The risk of having a problem goes up the longer you are outside Canada. If you leave for a week, you can say it was a short trip. If you are gone for two months, IRCC can claim you are no longer living in Canada and they can cancel your application.
Well it’s the same thing you just explained in depth! nobody would choose to leave unless it’s a very important or serious reason to!