+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2022 Spousal Sponsorship Outland and Inland - Paper/Online

kittu1405

Mar 22, 2019
HI Any one obtained PCC from Hyderabad -India. I am planning to apply for my wife in Hyderabad -India, is the Passport seva Kendra only way to get PCC ? or can we apply online from Hyderabad police website?
Thanks in Advance

Brizraj

Star Member
Aug 17, 2022
No updates. Stuck at elgibility in progress since aug 31. I honestly dont know what the heck is going on.
[/QUOT
Exactly!! Hope to hear something because calling them also not giving out any info. Looks like everyone is in same boat who applied around that period over online outland.

RemiPuppy

Star Member
Feb 25, 2022
I used this one once 1-888-242-2100
Called the number and they basically said "You just have to wait"

So looks like we have to cancel our trip, because apparently as an inland applicant, we can't do a border landing either - we have to complete the virtual landing, and who knows how long the PR card will take after that

randhawa7511

Star Member
Aug 30, 2022
Called the number and they basically said "You just have to wait"

So looks like we have to cancel our trip, because apparently as an inland applicant, we can't do a border landing either - we have to complete the virtual landing, and who knows how long the PR card will take after that
That sucks.. I did found this I think it is quite common these days

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/copr-in-online-pr-tracker.761914/post-10266777

Reactions: RemiPuppy

RemiPuppy

Star Member
Feb 25, 2022
Hey all! No updates here, and kinda just accepted it now

I do want to ask folks if holding a work permit gives my husband legal status in Canada? He arrived on his US passport, so was given 180 days visa-free. That expired in October, but he has an open work permit valid until 2024. Is he allowed to be in Canada with that, or do we need to extend his visitor status? I know that he can't leave the country on the work permit but could with a visitor visa, but I'm more just wondering if he is allowed to remain in Canada with the permit and the application processing

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

I do want to ask folks if holding a work permit gives my husband legal status in Canada? He arrived on his US passport, so was given 180 days visa-free. That expired in October, but he has an open work permit valid until 2024. Is he allowed to be in Canada with that, or do we need to extend his visitor status? I know that he can't leave the country on the work permit but could with a visitor visa, but I'm more just wondering if he is allowed to remain in Canada with the permit and the application processing
Yes, the Open Work Permit gives him legal status in Canada. He can certainly remain in Canada with the OWP alone, no need for a visitor record now. But...

You mentioned in a previous post that you had to `cancel your trip to the U.S. in December'? Why?

Because your husband holds a U.S. passport, can can fly back to Canada with just that as his travel document. Granted, he can't `move' to Canada until his PR has been approved and he has landed as a PR, but if you're just wanting to take a short trip to the U.S., it shouldn't be a problem. Short...being the key word there. The majority of consensus here seems to be no more than a couple of weeks.

One of the many sources that detail this:
https://chaudharylaw.com/can-you-travel-outside-canada-whilst-your-pr-is-in-process/

Can One Leave Canada When Their PR Is Under Process?

The answer is yes. You can leave Canada with your PR status under process. You just need to make sure that you meet all the admissibility rules in order to get entry back to the country upon arrival.

These are the documents you need to present for your return to Canada:

• A valid passport and any other travel documents,
  • A valid work permit or student permit if you require one,
  • An electronic travel authorization or a valid visitor visa.

RemiPuppy

Star Member
Feb 25, 2022
Yes, the Open Work Permit gives him legal status in Canada. He can certainly remain in Canada with the OWP alone, no need for a visitor record now. But...

You mentioned in a previous post that you had to `cancel your trip to the U.S. in December'? Why?
The problem here is the last dot point: he doesn't have a valid visitor visa. His 180 days visa free are up, and because of the progress with his application, we didn't think to apply for the extension. We can now, for sure, but I don't know if it will be granted in time for our trip (November 29th are our flights)

Last edited:

RemiPuppy

Star Member
Feb 25, 2022
Just applied for visitor visa extension - the processing time was kinda ambiguous, one section said 18 days, the other said 200 days

M99

Nov 11, 2022
Hello folks
Outland application
Applied on may 20
Sponsor eligibility approval aug 5
Medical updated aug 13
Pa eligibility in process

Background check was in process for last two months but now its says background check not started yet. Really worried, any one around same date

poporopos

Sep 22, 2021

You might be getting this mixed up with requirements for people from visa-required countries. US citizens do not require ETAs nor visitor visas so all he has to do is show up at the border with his US passport. The OWP isn't a travel document so this is why people say not to leave Canada without a visitor visa if you come from a country that requires a visitor visa to enter Canada.

He isn't a visitor anymore if he has OWP. He is now a temporary worker (work permit holder). However, even with a work permit, people still need to have ETAs or visitor visas to re-enter Canada (except US citizens who are the only citizens in the world exempt from these documents).

RemiPuppy

Star Member
Feb 25, 2022
You might be getting this mixed up with requirements for people from visa-required countries. US citizens do not require ETAs nor visitor visas so all he has to do is show up at the border with his US passport. The OWP isn't a travel document so this is why people say not to leave Canada without a visitor visa if you come from a country that requires a visitor visa to enter Canada.

He isn't a visitor anymore if he has OWP. He is now a temporary worker (work permit holder). However, even with a work permit, people still need to have ETAs or visitor visas to re-enter Canada (except US citizens who are the only citizens in the world exempt from these documents).
From my understanding, US citizens are allowed to stay in Canada visa-free for 6 months. After that though, they start getting a bit iffy about letting you back in. He has been in Canada now since April 3rd, so about 7 months now. He has a stamp in his passport showing that he arrived on the 3rd of April. Of course, stuff online isn't always 100% clear, but I feel like it's too much to risk to just hope that he will be allowed back in.

If anyone knows of someone I can contact to confirm, 100%, that it will be ok to fly back, please let me know. Or maybe somewhere I can start looking. Thanks in advance!