+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MAY 2021 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

canuck90

Star Member
Jan 20, 2021
Brantford, ON
I called IRCC and they said my file is still waiting to be assigned to an officer, not sure how long it will take. However they gave me temporary file number but not sure what to do with it or if I can link my account with it. any idea why my file is assigned a temporary file number instead of actual file number?
Unfortunately, you can't link an application in GCKey to a temporary file number. Wait for AOR.

DimT44

Apr 5, 2021
I called IRCC and they said my file is still waiting to be assigned to an officer, not sure how long it will take. However they gave me temporary file number but not sure what to do with it or if I can link my account with it. any idea why my file is assigned a temporary file number instead of actual file number?
Your file is assigned a temporary file number because it hasn't yet been given an application number. That application number is assigned once an officer starts working on your file and sends you an acknowledgement of receipt (AOR). The application number will be there.

Mayatriz

Sep 22, 2019
Hi Everyone, I got RPRF for my husband before we get the medical/biometrics request, what dors this mean?
I already paid the fees, should we expect the medical/biometrics request soon?
Thanks
I did medical and biometric 2weeks ago, I received RPRF 2days ago.. maybe it is random

karthikm

Star Member
Apr 20, 2014
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-03-2019 (ITA)
AOR Received.
05-05-2019
Passport Req..
10-03-2020
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2020
LANDED..........
15-03-2020
anyone from May 6 AOR proceeded beyond MR? Last notification i have on my family's file is that medicals passed on June 22. File in in NDVO, am wondering if NDVO is working at all?

nik_on

Star Member
May 10, 2021
Ontario
@armoured I confirmed with CIC by calling today that my file was transferred to Ottawa VO instead of New Delhi (though it's mentioned in SA letter). Is it normal to transfer to inland VO though PA resides outside of Canada. Any threads to follow for updates about Ottawa VO? Ottawa VO is usually faster or slower? Thanks in advance!
Quick question if you can help- how do they send SA (sponsorship elibility status)? Do they send email or letter?
My SA status changed to "Decision Made" on 22-July and immediately after that PA started receiving medical and biometric requests.
However, I did not receive any official confirmation from IRCC on the SA.
I called IRCC and the agent told me that sometime they email, sometime they send letter!!
I was not convinced by the answer. I checked junk and trash of my email account- nothing.

efie

Dec 3, 2020
canada
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hi All, I need a Few suggestions. I am in canada and a PR. My wife is in India and I am sponsoring her. I have following doubts. It will be very helpful if I can get some suggestions around them.
1) We are not hiring any consultant. I am sending application by myself. So Shall I fill IMM 5476 and Mention myself as a Representative? Is It Neccessary?
2) I am attaching calls logs and whatsapp screenshots from myside (Sponsor), is it ok or these documents should only be from Principal applicant side?
3) Do I have to send one checklist or separate checklist 1 for sponsor and otherone for Principal applicant ?
4) shall check the checkboxes in Checklist which are not relevant to me like "Additional Information about the children" in supporting documents for PA. or shall I leave these empty?
Don't waste money using a lawyer or sposor..You can do it yourself and you can choose yourself as the representative

efie

Dec 3, 2020
canada
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Sponsoring my wife
First Application sent to Sydney on April 13, 2021
Returned on May 25th, 2021 because we didn't sign with an ink on IMM0008
Sent again after everything on May 26th, 2021
Recieved on 31st May, 2021
Recieved AOR July 26th,2021
Processing started July 26th, 2021
Sponsorship Approval July 27th, 2021
My wife did her medicals, police report, and we both passed the security clearance , eligibility on February 4th, 2021
Now waiting for the next move....

Fieldy

Jun 23, 2021
Good morning all,

How quickly should we expect medical requests to come through? My application was received 5/5 and acknowledged 16/6. Biometrics were requested and completed immediately but since then ive heard nothing regarding a medical. I just wondered where people were at with medicals? We are an outland application, my wife is Canadian and we are living in the UK together.

Thanks in advance.

KATHIA08

Jun 15, 2020
Hello group

I have a question:

If someone has filed and reported their taxes (NOA), but has not paid them yet, does that affect the sponsor's application to be eligible?

Thanks,

alisam

May 6, 2011
Hi all,

I have applied for my wife as per below time line, this is an Outland Spousal application.

Application package received by them: April 1st, 2021
Application received email received May 7th, 2021
Biometrics request email received: July 6th, 2021
Biometrics completed: July 7th, 2021
Sponsorship approval email received: July 8th, 2021
Email received advising to Link application to online account (not a must), July 20, 2021
Online account created and linked the application to the account: July 20th, 2021
Spouse PR Status changed from Received to Submitted : July 22nd, 2021

Does anyone know how long will it take for approval of PR according to the timeline provided?
Also below are the step update

Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results
  • You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.
Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Last edited:

efie

Dec 3, 2020
canada
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hi all,

I have applied for my wife as per below time line, this is an Outland Spousal application.

Application package received by them: April 1st, 2021
Application received email received May 7th, 2021
Biometrics request email received: July 6th, 2021
Biometrics completed: July 7th, 2021
Sponsorship approval email received: July 8th, 2021
Email received advising to Link application to online account (not a must), July 20, 2021
Online account created and linked the application to the account: July 20th, 2021
Spouse PR Status changed from Received to Submitted : July 22nd, 2021

Does anyone know how long will it take for approval of PR according to the timeline provided?
Also below are the step update

Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results
  • You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.
Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
At this point, you can do nothing other than to wait patiently for IRCC

Iks001

Jul 15, 2021
Quick question if you can help- how do they send SA (sponsorship elibility status)? Do they send email or letter?
My SA status changed to "Decision Made" on 22-July and immediately after that PA started receiving medical and biometric requests.
However, I did not receive any official confirmation from IRCC on the SA.
I called IRCC and the agent told me that sometime they email, sometime they send letter!!
I was not convinced by the answer. I checked junk and trash of my email account- nothing.
Same thing happened with me too no SA approval email yet though shows decision made.

Reactions: nik_on

bigdaycoming

May 4, 2021
Does anyone know if it's normal, as others have experienced, to get no SA email, but ecas sponsor's side shows DM since July 29th; I received BIL on July 28th; ecas PA changed from In process to Application received on July 30th and nothing since?

alisam

May 6, 2011
Same thing happened with me too no SA approval email yet though shows decision made.
They must have sent the email, must be either in SPAM folder or you may have deleted it by mistake. They wouldn't start the PR without the SA. You should have also received an email suggesting to Link your application with your online account after the SA and it gives a link how to.