+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MAY 2021 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

Rsk123

Star Member
Jun 17, 2017
Hello everyone, I filled and sent the webform regarding the extension of my biometric submission 10 days ago but no response from IRCC yet. My question is does IRCC response to such webform or they just keep it on their record.
Thank you.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello everyone, I filled and sent the webform regarding the extension of my biometric submission 10 days ago but no response from IRCC yet. My question is does IRCC response to such webform or they just keep it on their record.
Thank you.
You should be fine whether they respond or not.

nik_on

Star Member
May 10, 2021
Ontario
Hello, Did you contact the IRCC about Biometric deadline extension. I have also received the BIL but could not find any appointment within 30 days. I filled and sent the webform 10 days ago but no response from IRCC yet. Did you get any extension letter from IRCC? Thank you.
I have sent an webform on 21-July, specifying that the earliest date I managed to get is on 40th day and requested an extension.
Let's wait and see. Frankly, I dont see any way out. I booked the appointment on the same day I received biometric request and the earliest date available was on the 40th date.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I have sent an webform on 21-July, specifying that the earliest date I managed to get is on 40th day and requested an extension.
Let's wait and see. Frankly, I dont see any way out. I booked the appointment on the same day I received biometric request and the earliest date available was on the 40th date.
You'll be fine, they know about the long waiting times.

Reactions: nik_on

AIMIM

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015
Were you able to link your account already? If yes, can you confirm the default status of each step? Say on the background check, what is the default status? “We haven’t started background check…?”
Hi,

Was able to link it with PA's UCI.

These are the statuses.
Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results
  • We have requested a medical exam. We will send you a letter or email with details.
Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.
Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Reactions: MBTS

Mayatriz

Sep 22, 2019
Hello guys, we received Right of Permanent Residence Fee request email, We paid already. How long might take to receive Pasport request, or PR?

canuck90

Star Member
Jan 20, 2021
Brantford, ON
Hello guys, we received Right of Permanent Residence Fee request email, We paid already. How long might take to receive Pasport request, or PR?
Fee for Spousal Sponsorship is 1050 including RPRF (500). They might sent by mistake. Raise a web form and inform them, it's already paid. Attach a receipt for reference. Nobody can tell you how long it's going to take. The last leg of the process Background checks is usually longer 2-3 months. Hang tight!

canuck90

Star Member
Jan 20, 2021
Brantford, ON
@armoured I confirmed with CIC by calling today that my file was transferred to Ottawa VO instead of New Delhi (though it's mentioned in SA letter). Is it normal to transfer to inland VO though PA resides outside of Canada. Any threads to follow for updates about Ottawa VO? Ottawa VO is usually faster or slower? Thanks in advance!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
@armoured I confirmed with CIC by calling today that my file was transferred to Ottawa VO instead of New Delhi (though it's mentioned in SA letter). Is it normal to transfer to inland VO though PA resides outside of Canada. Any threads to follow for updates about Ottawa VO? Ottawa VO is usually faster or slower? Thanks in advance!
Reasonably normal right now, they are balancing loads by using different offices.

Search for Ottawa threads. Can't say that any are faster or slower than others, too much variability in covid time.

Reactions: canuck90

Nads178

Mar 5, 2015
Hi Everyone, I got RPRF for my husband before we get the medical/biometrics request, what dors this mean?
I already paid the fees, should we expect the medical/biometrics request soon?
Thanks

AIMIM

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015
Quick updates from CIC these past 2 weeks. From AOR1 on July 20 to file has been moved to NewDelhi VO today. Hope everybody's file moves quickly. finger crossed.

Reactions: gc1735

devu11

Star Member
Sep 2, 2016
Quick updates from CIC these past 2 weeks. From AOR1 on July 20 to file has been moved to NewDelhi VO today. Hope everybody's file moves quickly. finger crossed.

Hi, What's your Application received date? My application was received on 20th May but still didn't get any reply from CIC. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

devu11

Star Member
Sep 2, 2016
I called IRCC and they said my file is still waiting to be assigned to an officer, not sure how long it will take. However they gave me temporary file number but not sure what to do with it or if I can link my account with it. any idea why my file is assigned a temporary file number instead of actual file number?