+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2021 - Citizenship Applications

newcitiz911

Jan 11, 2022
Call IRCC every week. Call your MP’s office every week and ask them to request urgent processing from IRCC. Request the notes again.

It can be so frustrating, I’m sorry. I hope you get good news soon.
Apparently IRCC are not providing notes these days, i did request my notes twice and never received them, i also emailed the ATIP about that no answer.
they just dont care...... they are processing the new applications and we are forgotten i dont know what to do i didn't receive the test request yet its so frustrating, MP is no help also.... dont know what else can be done. i am at 18 months of processing.

Bz2

Star Member
Apr 4, 2018
Withdrawing application and applying again wont guarantee a quick process either if u r stuck u r stuck doesn't matter if u r new or old applicant.
No MP is helping because they all know system is messed up and nothing can be done
On ATIP notes they have due dates of each step mentioned which have already passed for all of us thats y they not giving out notes anymore i guess

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
they were at 116000 end of September, lets hope. what is funny in the article is they are recommending that IRCC continue with the current system first-in first-out which not the case
The article's statement of "current system of first-in-first-out for all applications, meaning maintaining focus on older, paper applications ..." is indeed inaccurate.

Someone else in this forum had already obtained the IRCC report a few weeks ago, as posted in this thread:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/ircc-2022-2023-plans-atip.777863/

As discussed in that thread, page 5 of the report explicitly says "modified first in, first out (FIFO) processing model)" that "would continue to largely process paper applications". Never does it say "older" paper applications. And modified is the keyword here regarding FIFO. That's why we still see 2020 and 2019 applications languishing while 2022 paper applications are processed in 3-6 months.

iceman55

May 1, 2022
Edmonton and i have written several emails n sent countless webforms but still nothing even my Mp ist even bothered now
Do they respond by emails? What do they say? Have you said you're waiting for more than a year and a half?

Bz2

Star Member
Apr 4, 2018
Do they respond by emails? What do they say? Have you said you're waiting for more than a year and a half?
No they dont they dont respond to any email and they dont care for how long u waiting cz we still in 25 month process window

citizentest21

Nov 30, 2021
When I login to check for my status on the online tracker it doesn’t work. I have tried resetting the password, still page just shows as loading and nothing comes up! Please help!

nibharad

Dec 15, 2019
When I login to check for my status on the online tracker it doesn’t work. I have tried resetting the password, still page just shows as loading and nothing comes up! Please help!
Try clearing cache of your browser and trying again. I did and it worked for me .

Coucou

Aug 2, 2012
As of October 21, 'language skills', 'prohibitions', and 'physical presence' are marked as completed in the tracker. 'citizenship ceremony' still shows as not started. Hopefully, I can get an invite quickly. I took the test on July 28.
The old ecas showed 'decision made' since October 21, while the new tracker has all the stages in progress.

Also, I emailed my MP on October 3. They were going to inquire about the status of my application, though they have not gotten back yet with details. Wonder if the requested helped to push the application forward.

Reactions: iceman55

citizentest21

Nov 30, 2021
Hey @iceman55 got a question.
I had a flight booked with an airlines forlast Saturday which I had to cancel because I got my oath ceremony this week. Now when I called to ask if I can get a refund, they said you would need to write to customer relations and attach your oath letter. So I did that. But now I’m wondering, the oath email has your UCI and application numberwas it okay to share that information with them? I’m assuming they cannot do anything really with that info right, for example by chance if someone wanted to actually do something! Like probability of that happening is 0 but I just had a small thought. What do you think?