+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2021 - Citizenship Applications

Bz2

Star Member
Apr 4, 2018
The fact that I’m still waiting to write my test infuriates me. I went on the March 2022 thread and lots of people have gotten their oaths and citizenship. Now I’m regretting if I should have just waited to apply this year instead of last year during COVID. Applied in May 2021 , AOR in September 2021 and absolutely nothing since then. Ordered Gcms notes, reached out to MP and yet still nothing. It’s been 17 months and I had plans I had to move to a whole new year all because of this.
it’s really disheartening.
Not sure if anyone’s in the same shoes as I’m pretty sure mist people on this thread have gotten their citizenship but if anyone is in the same shoes, It’ll be nice to connect.
Me i m in similar situation though i have written and passed my test in March but nothing after that and yes i agree people who applied after oct 2021 are already done with their files we are stuck IRCC is not even giving out GCMS notes for our files anymore either

Reactions: diniztv

newcitiz911

Jan 11, 2022
Me i m in similar situation though i have written and passed my test in March but nothing after that and yes i agree people who applied after oct 2021 are already done with their files we are stuck IRCC is not even giving out GCMS notes for our files anymore either
I am too in the same situation, waiting for the test since AOR in august 2021, the only thing that changed is my BG which was completed in Sept 2021 wand by now has expired.
i order the GCMS notes twice without getting them, seems IRCC doesn't want to provide us with details on our cases.

i@Singh

Star Member
Jan 23, 2018
Totally
The fact that I’m still waiting to write my test infuriates me. I went on the March 2022 thread and lots of people have gotten their oaths and citizenship. Now I’m regretting if I should have just waited to apply this year instead of last year during COVID. Applied in May 2021 , AOR in September 2021 and absolutely nothing since then. Ordered Gcms notes, reached out to MP and yet still nothing. It’s been 17 months and I had plans I had to move to a whole new year all because of this.
Not sure if anyone’s in the same shoes as I’m pretty sure mist people on this thread have gotten their citizenship but if anyone is in the same shoes, It’ll be nice to connect.
I am in almost the same boat, can totally relate the frustration and disappointment.

Last edited:

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
I can totally relate, even though I waited less time than you. I also had to postpone plans to next year that I'd had for this summer due to the delays. Did you apply online or on paper? Seems that a lot of online 2021 applications have been moving slowly, and even 2022 online a lot slower than 2022 paper that are being completed in 3-6 months. Back in August, when I was still waiting for oath with no end in sight, everyone in another group I'm in of people who applied for PR together and who applied for citizenship in 2022 on paper was getting oath, which was really depressing for me. It probably feels like this will never end, but once things finally get moving, they can move fast! At least 2021 applications have been moving faster than 2020 and 2019 ones.

Bz2

Star Member
Apr 4, 2018
I can totally relate, even though I waited less time than you. I also had to postpone plans to next year that I'd had for this summer due to the delays. Did you apply online or on paper? Seems that a lot of online 2021 applications have been moving slowly, and even 2022 online a lot slower than 2022 paper that are being completed in 3-6 months. Back in August, when I was still waiting for oath with no end in sight, everyone in another group I'm in of people who applied for PR together and who applied for citizenship in 2022 on paper was getting oath, which was really depressing for me. It probably feels like this will never end, but once things finally get moving, they can move fast! At least 2021 applications have been moving faster than 2020 and 2019 ones.
I applied via paper so i dont agree one is moving faster then the other for 2021 applicants i have noticed anyone who applied late 2021 is getting things done in one form or another anyone before that is just waiting

Reactions: amerkhaled

newcitiz911

Jan 11, 2022
I applied via paper so i dont agree one is moving faster then the other for 2021 applicants i have noticed anyone who applied late 2021 is getting things done in one form or another anyone before that is just waiting
Which office is processing your application? mine is Montreal, paper application.

mattjp1

Jul 23, 2017
Have you written to the CIC Ottawa email that people put on this thread? Several people have done so, stating their discontentment with their application not being processed, while 2022 applicants have already written their test and for some of them, taken the oath. I hate to say it, but putting pressure on CIC (as much as we possibly can), is the only way I think an application will move. In other words, if we don't keep complaining, they will forget us. Personally, I also asked my MP to call CIC on my behalf to check the status, which he did twice and it's reflected in the GCMS notes. It might or not have helped.

newcitiz911

Jan 11, 2022
Have you written to the CIC Ottawa email that people put on this thread? Several people have done so, stating their discontentment with their application not being processed, while 2022 applicants have already written their test and for some of them, taken the oath. I hate to say it, but putting pressure on CIC (as much as we possibly can), is the only way I think an application will move. In other words, if we don't keep complaining, they will forget us. Personally, I also asked my MP to call CIC on my behalf to check the status, which he did twice and it's reflected in the GCMS notes. It might or not have helped.
do you have by chance the email ID of Montreal office!!
My MP contacted IRCC several times to check the status but nothing has changed, not much what an MP can do. my application still collecting dust...

Last edited:

newcitiz911

Jan 11, 2022
Edmonton and i have written several emails n sent countless webforms but still nothing even my Mp ist even bothered now
My MP is doing the same not replying, i never sent them any webform as it will not change a thing. now the processing time has came down to 25 months, i had a ghost update on my file in July but nothing has changed in the status, when i called IRCC to check they said an officer is working on your file.

amitsmeet

Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am an April 2021 applicant, test done, spouse requested second finger print as the first one expired, involved MP who came back with nothing new which I donot know, nor am I been given my GCMS even after 5 reminders !! So its just wait and watch situation for me. To start with, I had to wait 4 years to get my PR under FSW , which was really frustrating and now have the same feelings.

• Sad
Reactions: trumprefugee

mattjp1

Jul 23, 2017
do you have by chance the email ID of Montreal office!!
My MP contacted IRCC several times to check the status but nothing has changed, not much what an MP can do. my application still collecting dust...
Sorry I don't, but I would recommend you find it and start emailing them your discontentment.

Reactions: trumprefugee