+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2021 - Citizenship Applications

thaikashaikh

Nov 12, 2016
I got my oath invite on October 07th for my October 17th Oath date. My office is Scarborough I sent them an email from the email address they sent the invite, and kept calling the customer care number on 05th-06th-07th at 08:00am. After getting connected to the customer care number which is : 1-888-242-2100, the dailpad commands is 1,UCI number#, 1, 1, 1, 4, 1, 1 then you would be put on to the agent who would ask your personal information and then you should ask the status of the oath invite and also tell them to put in a word to the processing officer regarding sending an oath invite on urgent basis so you need to plan your travel to attend the oath accordingly. You can ask them to put in a word from 10 days prior to oath date, before which you will get the reply that the oath invite would be sent within the week of the oath date, but it also helps to email so they know that they need to send an oath invite and not forget sending it inadvertently

Aishas

Star Member
Aug 22, 2020
Hi friends so I have completed my test 2 weeks ago and after 2 days the status was updated to "Completed" however I have just received an email from ircc asking scanned copies of my ID, passport and travelling docs.
Any idea when do they usually ask for such things? And when too expect the oath ceremony?

newcitiz911

Jan 11, 2022
Did you change your password as they recently requested?
Password need to be changed to access the tracker after the update, when was the last update of your application? mine is showing October 7 however nothing has changed. not sure if this is related to their system update.

Last edited:

saroj83

Star Member
Mar 22, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
To change the password in the new tracker, when I hit the send email button nothing happens. Tried some many times from yesterday.

i@Singh

Star Member
Jan 23, 2018
Password need to be changed to access the tracker after the update, when was the last update of your application? mine is showing October 7 however nothing has changed. not sure if this is related to their system update.
same for me. shows last update on oct 7th but nothing on my file has changed.

MissChief82

Apr 26, 2022
I can totally relate, even though I waited less time than you. I also had to postpone plans to next year that I'd had for this summer due to the delays. Did you apply online or on paper? Seems that a lot of online 2021 applications have been moving slowly, and even 2022 online a lot slower than 2022 paper that are being completed in 3-6 months. Back in August, when I was still waiting for oath with no end in sight, everyone in another group I'm in of people who applied for PR together and who applied for citizenship in 2022 on paper was getting oath, which was really depressing for me. It probably feels like this will never end, but once things finally get moving, they can move fast! At least 2021 applications have been moving faster than 2020 and 2019 ones.
I applied on paper. I’m thinking of withdrawing my application and reapplying, but I’m not sure if that’s the smartest thing to do. what do you guys think ?

multipleapplications

Feb 23, 2018
I applied on paper. I’m thinking of withdrawing my application and reapplying, but I’m not sure if that’s the smartest thing to do. what do you guys think ?
Call IRCC every week. Call your MP’s office every week and ask them to request urgent processing from IRCC. Request the notes again.

It can be so frustrating, I’m sorry. I hope you get good news soon.

mattjp1

Jul 23, 2017
Call IRCC every week. Call your MP’s office every week and ask them to request urgent processing from IRCC. Request the notes again.

It can be so frustrating, I’m sorry. I hope you get good news soon.
Unfortunately I agree - people who don't make noise can be "forgotten". We have to be treated reasonably fairly as compared to recent applicants who are having their application approved in only a few months.

Reactions: sugaredfects

i@Singh

Star Member
Jan 23, 2018
I have lost all hope in my Citizenship application. I think I should start a new application for renewing my PR card which expires next year.