+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2021 - Citizenship Applications

iceman55

May 1, 2022
Just checked tracker scheduled for Oath on 17 nov...tracker update 29 oct my timeline is as follows
17 may 2021 paper application sent
Single applicant
1099 days
25 may application received
30 aug 2021 Aor received
March 2022 test
Aug 2022 background updated to complete
14 sept 2022 request for passport copies
23 sept prohibitions language etc updated to complete
29 oct oath scheduled mentioned for 17 nov no email instructions received (will b received a week before as per the trend)
Edmonton office
Congrats.
Do you kow why there was this delay? Did you reschedule your test or interview at anytime or is it all because of the delay in background check?

Bz2

Star Member
Apr 4, 2018
Congrats.
Do you kow why there was this delay? Did you reschedule your test or interview at anytime or is it all because of the delay in background check?
No i dint reschedule anything at anytime neither was any delay as such in background check. It was just IRCC laziness my file like many other applicants was long forgotten i would say it was a processing delay because new processing time for citizenship is 25 months and according to iRCC i m very lucky to getting it done before 25 months

iceman55

May 1, 2022
No i dint reschedule anything at anytime neither was any delay as such in background check. It was just IRCC laziness my file like many other applicants was long forgotten i would say it was a processing delay because new processing time for citizenship is 25 months and according to iRCC i m very lucky to getting it done before 25 months
I think there's a reson why your test was completed so early compared to your background. May be you didn't notice at the time, but I bet your application went for a long security and/or criminality check.

These days it's common for test and background to overlap but I think they were waiting for bg to be done and then soon after everything is completed.

Bz2

Star Member
Apr 4, 2018
I think there's a reson why your test was completed so early compared to your background. May be you didn't notice at the time, but I bet your application went for a long security and/or criminality check.

These days it's common for test and background to overlap but I think they were waiting for bg to be done and then soon after everything is completed.
Well i did noticed this and this didnt happen to me only it happened to other applicants i know in friend circle or family as well...anyone who applied before oct 2021 had weird timeline and according to my gcms noticed ordered in dec and received in jan my bg was already completed as of oct 12 2021, but was never updated in system/tracker
Also during my 1095 day waiting period i never left canada i landed on 15 may 2018 and stayed here till 17 may 2021 day i sent my application i only travelled outside canada in nov 2021 way after I applied
Anyway i guess we can all just speculate what and ifs from all i know through my MP or talking to IRCC agents they changed the process time to 27 to 25 months and were just taking their time cz of covid backlog

Reactions: iceman55

Bz2

Star Member
Apr 4, 2018
Well i did noticed this and this didnt happen to me only it happened to other applicants i know in friend circle or family as well...anyone who applied before oct 2021 had weird timeline and according to my gcms noticed ordered in dec and received in jan my bg was already completed as of oct 12 2021, but was never updated in system/tracker
Also during my 1095 day waiting period i never left canada i landed on 15 may 2018 and stayed here till 17 may 2021 day i sent my application i only travelled outside canada in nov 2021 way after I applied
Anyway i guess we can all just speculate what and ifs from all i know through my MP or talking to IRCC agents they changed the process time to 27 to 25 months and were just taking their time cz of covid backlog
And from my gcms notice the deadline to complete all other things was 25 aug 2022 (their internal due date) so on aug 24 they completed my BG following their own pre set deadline whereas around the same time the gcms notes which were ordered and received with a delay the pages where all other fields are mentioned werent sent all fields had same due date of 25 aug but they never sent me those pages cz they were obviously not meeting their own deadlines

iceman55

May 1, 2022
Wasn't aware they have update issues.

Jatcanadian

Mar 1, 2021
Hello Everyone,
Finally we completed our in person oath yesterday at Vancouver. We are thankful to all the group members for kind support.

One suggestion for my friends who are still waiting for action, please find out your processing office and start writing direct emails. Even if they donot reply keep writing them as reminder every week. This is something I did in Aug and sep and got good results.
All the best

Brampton1

Oct 1, 2015
Hello Everyone,
Finally we completed our in person oath yesterday at Vancouver. We are thankful to all the group members for kind support.

One suggestion for my friends who are still waiting for action, please find out your processing office and start writing direct emails. Even if they donot reply keep writing them as reminder every week. This is something I did in Aug and sep and got good results.
All the best
Congratulations!!
Can you please tell email address?
My wife's test was done on 5th Dec 2021. There is no activity since then.

Sud Malhotra

Sep 21, 2021
Just checked tracker scheduled for Oath on 17 nov...tracker update 29 oct my timeline is as follows
17 may 2021 paper application sent
Single applicant
1099 days
25 may application received
30 aug 2021 Aor received
March 2022 test
Aug 2022 background updated to complete
14 sept 2022 request for passport copies
23 sept prohibitions language etc updated to complete
29 oct oath scheduled mentioned for 17 nov no email instructions received (will b received a week before as per the trend)
Edmonton office
was there not any interview scheduled ?

saroj83

Star Member
Mar 22, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
My wife received invitation to oath ceremony for Dec 06. We are under same application. Will I receive an invitation too or does that invitation is for both of us including our daughter?

Coucou

Aug 2, 2012
Good morning! does anyone have the CIC Ottawa email address? I have received 'Decision Made' and want to see if they have a rough ETA for the Oath invitation.
I emailed my MP and he told me the CIC agent indicated that the deadline for my application is July 13, 2023. I hope that is the latest the process should complete by and not the actual timeline. Thank you

nibharad

Dec 15, 2019
Good morning! does anyone have the CIC Ottawa email address? I have received 'Decision Made' and want to see if they have a rough ETA for the Oath invitation.
I emailed my MP and he told me the CIC agent indicated that the deadline for my application is July 13, 2023. I hope that is the latest the process should complete by and not the actual timeline. Thank you
For Mississauga office it is 3 weeks

amitsmeet

Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I received my GCMS notes after 5 months. I think they are waiting on to complete some steps and then send out the notes.