+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

may 2020 intake (general discussion)

Guri Bawa

Mar 23, 2020
Hi!! I haven't applied for my study visa yet but I am ready to do so. Now I am in dilemma, should I go ahead for May intake visa filings or contact my college to defer intake? Is there any deadline to apply for May intake? Thanks in advance.

Wages

Feb 19, 2020
Hi!! I haven't applied for my study visa yet but I am ready to do so. Now I am in dilemma, should I go ahead for May intake visa filings or contact my college to defer intake? Is there any deadline to apply for May intake? Thanks in advance.
Leave your email for further communication but it’s best to defer to September

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
It would be deferred don’t worry
That's a wasted semester not good, I am not worries about canceled/deferred, I am hopping it goes ahead online or something.
Plus everything is getting shut down except essential services, if they don't suspend rent payments a lot of people are gonna be in trouble.

Kdsad

Feb 27, 2020
Anybody for centennial College? Did you receive any update regarding change of session or online class?

rahul0495

Mar 24, 2020
I APPLIED VFS JALANDHAR , 17 MARCH SDS PAPER FILE ,
18 MARCH,REACHED IRCC,NEW DELHI.

19 MARCH STATUS UPDATED. NEED ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS FOR FURTHER PROCESSING...
21 MARCH- PASSPORT DISPATCH FROM NDVO
BUT NO MAIL OF APPROVAL
WHAT DOCUMENTS THEY ASKED FOR..
I HAVE NOT ATTACHED ANY FAKE DOCUMENTS ..
DUE TO CARONA ,NOT ABLE TO GET PASSPORT,FROM BLUE DART...
VERY PANIC ,DO THEY THINK I MISREPRESENTED,BUT I HAVE NOT.. PLS HELP

Guri Bawa

Mar 23, 2020
Leave your email for further communication but it’s best to defer to September
Thanks dear!! I have decided to defer, this is the best option right now. Bcz everything is lockdown and even accommodation is not easy to find there at this time. I do not have any relative/friend there. So the best is I should go for defer to Sep.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
YorkU have anounced that they are trying to keep as many summer programs open as possible they will be online only but there is still some discussion with the Gov about what this will mean. I guess there are programs that cant really be done online, those will suffer most. But there is some hope at least.

Harkseehra

Mar 22, 2020
Ludhiana
Category........
STUDY
IELTS Request
07-12-2019
Med's Done....
04-02-2020
Hello Guys.

I hope everyone is safe and is in good health.

Today, I got an email from my University(Dalhousie University,Halifax,NS:Applied for masters program). They have deferred May 2020 intake to September 2020 and asked my confirmation for the same, which I have provided subsequently.

Many University colleges are going to do the same. Prepare yourself in advance .

Stay Safe.
so did I get from Lambton college that the intake is postponed but yet haven't they confirmed the proper date.

Harkseehra

Mar 22, 2020
Ludhiana
Category........
STUDY
IELTS Request
07-12-2019
Med's Done....
04-02-2020
What did lambton say?
So Lambton Said the following:-

Dear Students:

Thank you for your patience. Your health and well-being are our top priority. We also understand that you are seeking answers about the start of your classes and program.

Postponing Start Date

The original start date of the May intake for new students was on April 27th, 2020. We are postponing this start date until we better understand the COVID 19 situation in Canada and abroad.

When Will I Start?

No final decisions have been made yet when the May intake will start for new students. We hope to have better answers for you in two (2) weeks. Please do not make any travel plans to Canada at this time.

What Should I Do Now?

In the meantime, we encourage you to complete the online orientation modules in preparation for your eventual arrival in Canada.

Toronto

https://www.lambtoncollege.ca/Programs/International/Lambton-in-Toronto/Pre-Arrival-Orientation/

Mississauga

https://www.lambtoncollege.ca/Programs/International/Lambton-in-Mississauga/Pre-Arrival-Orientation/

Sarnia

https://www.lambtoncollege.ca/Lambton-in-Sarnia/

Be Prepared

You must have a laptop with wireless capability in order to study at Lambton. Please come prepared. Depending on the COVID 19 situation and how it evolves, some or all of a semester may be taught online as long as the Canadian Government indicates that studying online during the pandemic maintains your eligibility for the PGWP (they have already approved this for current international students in Canada).

What If I Have Other Questions?

Due to the high volume of emails, we are unable to answer individual emails at this time. Only groups emails like this one will be sent to you so that all students receive the same message at the same time. We appreciate your understanding and patience. We look forward to seeing you in the next few months.

Please stay safe and healthy.

Regards,

Mihir6008

Aug 17, 2019
hello everyone as you're aware of the recent outbreak of certain virus situation is dire in pretty much every country

I was approved for May 2020 intake In Seneca college for CLT ( 2 years ) and had plans to travel in mid April, I got visa way back in January.
however my course is 70% practical based with each subject requiring a Final practical to achieve passing grade so It can not be delivered online.
my question is If I change the date to next semester do I have to apply for new study permit as my current one will expire on march 2022 which is not enough time for me to complete 4 semesters, if I do have to apply for a change right now does the process is same as applying for first time or will I have to apply for extension after landing in Canada ?

RanjeetSingh16

Star Member
Apr 17, 2019
is there any one from India who got study permit approved after 18 march 2020 under sds case
Yes I got my visa approved under Sds category on 11th march and i am looking to travel to Vancouver .
Please reply or contact me if someone also in the same situation
I dont know when flights will be operational

RanjeetSingh16

Star Member
Apr 17, 2019
I just got approved after a first rejection. I modified my SOP, highlighting strong ties to my home country and showing reasons for pursuing the program I chose and how it will affect my career when I return, after the program. I also added more documents showing family investments, leveraging them as reasons to come back. Good luck on your reapplication. I'm happy to help if you need further details
Hey i also got approved on 11th march
Are you already have flight tickets ?
when you’re planning to leave ?
kindly let me know

RanjeetSingh16

Star Member
Apr 17, 2019
Anybody who is planning to travel in next few weeks to Vancouver side
Please reply
Also if someone have already flight tickets
Kindly revet asap