+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

may 2020 intake (general discussion)

Manpreet_kaur1100

Dec 10, 2019
Hi, I have applied online for study visa under non SDS category on feb 20th. Medicals was passed on Feb 21st. Got 2 ghost updates on 4th March and 6th March, but no mails. This s my 4th application after 3 refusals. The processing time while I apply was 2 weeks and now it's updated as one week in cic site. It's passed 20 days now no update on my application. Is there anybody who has received their approval or waiting for approval through non SDS category recently? Please share your timeline.
what was your refusals ?

and what is your IELTS score?

getsthingsdone

Star Member
Feb 5, 2020
SAIT said that the May 2020 intake will be online until restrictions are lifted by the Canada govt. I would prefer not to defer as it would delay the graduation and the entire process overall.

However, I think they should reduce the tuition fee as it is only online. No info is given on this matter.

Staying in India for 2-3 months means savings of around 5000 CAD or so. It is a great deal although the tradeoff is that we do not get the Canadian experience for 2-3 months.

muralimech

Oct 14, 2019
SAIT said that the May 2020 intake will be online until restrictions are lifted by the Canada govt. I would prefer not to defer as it would delay the graduation and the entire process overall.

However, I think they should reduce the tuition fee as it is only online. No info is given on this matter.

Staying in India for 2-3 months means savings of around 5000 CAD or so. It is a great deal although the tradeoff is that we do not get the Canadian experience for 2-3 months.
Hey..Did they said you can do online classes from india...? Because most of the students visa is in process for may intake.some may get rejected,by the time they would have started their classes online..so they may expect us to come Canada and do online classes in isolation..

getsthingsdone

Star Member
Feb 5, 2020
Hey..Did they said you can do online classes from india...? Because most of the students visa is in process for may intake.some may get rejected,by the time they would have started their classes online..so they may expect us to come Canada and do online classes in isolation..
Only students with valid study permits and who would be bonafide students if there were no restrictions would be allowed to take online classes. They haven't even reduced any fee.

Study visa would be required and we will go to Canada after 30th June when these restrictions are lifted and carry on as usual.

muralimech

Oct 14, 2019
Only students with valid study permits and who would be bonafide students if there were no restrictions would be allowed to take online classes. They haven't even reduced any fee.

Study visa would be required and we will go to Canada after 30th June when these restrictions are lifted and carry on as usual.
Seems like a better idea when compared to deferral..Hope Lambton college also takes the same decision...there will not be reduction in fee because the online course plan itself is to avoid refunding paid fee by students

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
hello everyone as you're aware of the recent outbreak of certain virus situation is dire in pretty much every country

I was approved for May 2020 intake In Seneca college for CLT ( 2 years ) and had plans to travel in mid April, I got visa way back in January.
however my course is 70% practical based with each subject requiring a Final practical to achieve passing grade so It can not be delivered online.
my question is If I change the date to next semester do I have to apply for new study permit as my current one will expire on march 2022 which is not enough time for me to complete 4 semesters, if I do have to apply for a change right now does the process is same as applying for first time or will I have to apply for extension after landing in Canada ?
You can apply for an extension of study permit when it is close to expiring, so sometime in late 2021 or early 2022. You can do this in Canada, Seneca will have people to help with this.

Have Seneca said anything about May semester?

Mihir6008

Aug 17, 2019
You can apply for an extension of study permit when it is close to expiring, so sometime in late 2021 or early 2022. You can do this in Canada, Seneca will have people to help with this.

Have Seneca said anything about May semester?
they haven't mailed me personally but on the website it says all the courses starting on May are shifted to 19th May and as of now ( 24th March ) there are no plans to suspend any courses and depending on the situation they may change this