+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*** May 2020 AOR - Join here ***

Newbieee88

Feb 8, 2021
I tried calling today immigration and it said client support centre is closed. Really on monday anyone else faced same problem?

Uzi13

Apr 5, 2021
Hello Everyone,
My AOR=25th May
Everything is passed since Oct 9 2020 and according to my GCMC notes which I received on 24th March 2021 my COPR document has been generated since Oct 13 2020! So I called IRCC on 25th March and Agent confirmed the COPR information and he said he is putting a correspondence for IRCC agent to act on my profile and finish up the formal procedure for the virtual landing and will gonna release the official copr letter in my online account and in 2 business days! But it's been more than 12 days and I didn't receive any call or mail or any update in my online account yet and I called IRCC again on last thursday an agent said note is there now it's up to application processing agent when he wants to take an action on your profile for the virtual landing!
I mean it's total time wasting and unfair treatment from IRCC with May applicants COPR has officially created since Oct 2020 and for last six months no body has time to finish virtual landing process!
If anyone has experience with this kind of situation and about copr I appreciate your reply to my feed.
Thanks

rohidw

Nov 2, 2017
Hello Everyone,
My AOR=25th May
Everything is passed since Oct 9 2020 and according to my GCMC notes which I received on 24th March 2021 my COPR document has been generated since Oct 13 2020! So I called IRCC on 25th March and Agent confirmed the COPR information and he said he is putting a correspondence for IRCC agent to act on my profile and finish up the formal procedure for the virtual landing and will gonna release the official copr letter in my online account and in 2 business days! But it's been more than 12 days and I didn't receive any call or mail or any update in my online account yet and I called IRCC again on last thursday an agent said note is there now it's up to application processing agent when he wants to take an action on your profile for the virtual landing!
I mean it's total time wasting and unfair treatment from IRCC with May applicants COPR has officially created since Oct 2020 and for last six months no body has time to finish virtual landing process!
If anyone has experience with this kind of situation and about copr I appreciate your reply to my feed.
Thanks
Dont worry, If there is a COPR effective date then you are COPR from that date itself! Meaning, You are already counting for the Citizenship.

Uzi13

Apr 5, 2021
Dont worry, If there is a COPR effective date then you are COPR from that date itself! Meaning, You are already counting for the Citizenship.
Are you certain because I'm under the impression that it start to count when you officially get your COPR document!If you have any link then I appreciate if you can share.
And @legalfalcon in my GCMC notes it says the copr expiry date 07/05/2021.In worst case scenario if by that date i will not receive my copr then IRCC will extend the current copr document or they will create new copr with new document number?

Afi365

Star Member
Jun 27, 2020
Are you certain because I'm under the impression that it start to count when you officially get your COPR document!If you have any link then I appreciate if you can share.
And @legalfalcon in my GCMC notes it says the copr expiry date 07/05/2021.In worst case scenario if by that date i will not receive my copr then IRCC will extend the current copr document or they will create new copr with new document number?
I think if you send a webform will be better than calling. Maybe in that case someone will act and do something.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
For inland applicants, usually the effective date is the same date on which the COPR is signed and stamped and starting that day you become a PR.

Once you receive your COPR, you will have the date clearly mentioned on it.
For inland applicants the COPR date need not be extended, as you would get a COPR which would have been "activated," i.e. signed and stamped before the expiry date.

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Hello all,

Today got COPR document in email as well. It's been a total of 2.5 years effort for me (ECA,IELTS to COPR) and glad that the end result feels great :)

Below is my timeline:

AOR 21 May 2020
Medical 10 July 2020
Background 13 March 2021
Approval 19 March 2021
COPR document 29 March 2021

Hope everyone waiting gets it soon!
Thanks to the everyone in this wonderful forum and big thanks to @legalfalcon & @caipsnotes for great information & knowledge.
Congrats!! All the best with the next steps.

Reactions: jpshya

jasonxu

Apr 5, 2021
Hello everyone, want to have my status shared and have a question to ask.
Inland.
AOR - 16 May 2020
Medical - 6 July 2020
Biometrics - 11 Nov 2020
All stages passed - 2 Feb 2021
Approval - 3 April 2021
Only got approved yesterday and still waiting for my COPR email.
Online profile already has my COPR document number shown.
However, I noticed an expiry date of my COPR, which is 9 May 2021. Very happy to have it approved finally. But I'd also want to ask if anyone knows what this expiry date means. Many people mentioned online that COPR expires one year after medical, but my medical was July 2020, the expiry date of COPR is May this year.
I think we are going to do virtual landing due to COVID, shall I wait for email for further instructions? Should I be concerned on this expiry date of COPR?
Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Reactions: ForUs2020

limgi89

Jun 28, 2018
May 11 AOR criminality passed, Eligibility passed, Security passed (30-Mar-21). Last I Called update was officer extending my medicals to approve my application. Wanted to check how far am i for the COPR. May 11 AOR CEC 1(PA)+1(DA).
Same situation AOR may 12.

mj1989

Jul 4, 2020
May 8th AOR - FSW Outand and here is the current status!

Eligibility - Passed (as per GCMS)
Medical - Passed
Criminality - Valid (as per webform)
Security - Not Started (as per webform)

The wait continues :( Any thoughts on when we can we expect travel restrictions to get eased out? Was able to see some positive news that experts are planning on the reopening after April 21st. Hoping to expect some movement.

Sid1307

Star Member
Mar 4, 2020
May 8th AOR - FSW Outand and here is the current status!

Eligibility - Passed (as per GCMS)
Medical - Passed
Criminality - Valid (as per webform)
Security - Not Started (as per webform)

The wait continues :( Any thoughts on when we can we expect travel restrictions to get eased out? Was able to see some positive news that experts are planning on the reopening after April 21st. Hoping to expect some movement.
I personally think it won’t open up for outlands until vaccinations ramp up in Canada. Or until they declare that those with vaccines are safe to travel without need for quarantine. I’d be surprised if they ease restrictions this month.

Hope I’m wrong but I don’t expect anyone to touch my application until atleast end of May. Been waiting with eligibility pass since august so what’s a few more months, I guess