+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*** May 2020 AOR - Join here ***

tssd

Oct 28, 2020
Hi All,

Anyone knows they will start your security check before eligibility pass?
Base on the GCMS notes I received back to October, my eligibility is review required. Called them couple times since then, they answered Eligibility in process, Criminality in process, security not started.
So back to my question, I am just worry they still haven't send my file to third party for security check because my eligibility hasn't pass yet. If so, my application will not have any update until they review my eligibility again which they haven't since August.
@legalfalcon any idea please?
Thank you in advance

AOR may 22

Jul 24, 2018
Security check will be handled by third party.The status for security check will be either not started or passed and it can't be in progress, as per the information I read in forums. Chances are there that IRCC might have received your reports on Security .Once the IRCC officer opens our files, with in a day Criminality & Security can be cleared. Many of us are struck with this kind of status . Be positive and you will get copr soon. I am also May 17 AOR with status like Criminality in progress , Security - Not started .
Same situation. Lost my job since last April 2020 and waiting here since then. May 20th AOR.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi All,

Anyone knows they will start your security check before eligibility pass?
Base on the GCMS notes I received back to October, my eligibility is review required. Called them couple times since then, they answered Eligibility in process, Criminality in process, security not started.
So back to my question, I am just worry they still haven't send my file to third party for security check because my eligibility hasn't pass yet. If so, my application will not have any update until they review my eligibility again which they haven't since August.
@legalfalcon any idea please?
Thank you in advance

AOR may 22

Security will only start after your eligibility has been conclusively passed by an officer.

There is no set criteria as to which stage will happen first and which will happen second. It is not stipulated in the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act or the Regs. However, I have explained this in my old posts as to why the sequence that happens is most logical.

1. R10 or completeness check. This is the first stage, and if an application is incomplete, it will be rejected. This is the easiest stage and takes very little time.

2. Medicals and Criminality. They happen along with R10. If an applicant is inadmissible due to medicals and admissibility, there is no point going ahead. The criminality in most cases is based on PCCs the Meds is done by the medical division under Health Canada. If your PCCs is pending, or of it are an inland applicant and have not submitted RCMP PCC, your medicals will show pending while the processing of your application will continue.

3. Then comes eligibility, which takes the most time and each document is reviewed and the score is compared with what was claimed in the profile.

4. After eligibility security starts. This is because, security involved CBSA, CSIS and other agencies, and sometimes international agencies too. To read more on the procedure, see https://bit.ly/3iNGsLY

If an applicant fails eligibility, there is no point going ahead with security and involving all the external agencies.

Akaur6

Dec 14, 2020
Just called an agent today
AOR May 30,2020

Eligibility: passed
Background check: on it’s last stage of security check

She said everything looks good just a matter of time

Does anybody know what is the last stage of security means

Thank you

Brommista

Sep 29, 2020
Aor may 6
VO etobicoke
Eligibilty still recommended pass
No changes from October
And IRCC told pandemic is the cause of delay.

nousername2020

Jul 24, 2020
Aor may 6
VO etobicoke
Eligibilty still recommended pass
No changes from October
And IRCC told pandemic is the cause of delay.
how do you know its recommended passed?

i am asking to understand for my own case.
my status on gcms notes says eligibilty passed.

is it considered recommended passed if case processing agent put eligibilty pass.

tssd

Oct 28, 2020
Security will only start after your eligibility has been conclusively passed by an officer.

There is no set criteria as to which stage will happen first and which will happen second. It is not stipulated in the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act or the Regs. However, I have explained this in my old posts as to why the sequence that happens is most logical.

1. R10 or completeness check. This is the first stage, and if an application is incomplete, it will be rejected. This is the easiest stage and takes very little time.

2. Medicals and Criminality. They happen along with R10. If an applicant is inadmissible due to medicals and admissibility, there is no point going ahead. The criminality in most cases is based on PCCs the Meds is done by the medical division under Health Canada. If your PCCs is pending, or of it are an inland applicant and have not submitted RCMP PCC, your medicals will show pending while the processing of your application will continue.

3. Then comes eligibility, which takes the most time and each document is reviewed and the score is compared with what was claimed in the profile.

4. After eligibility security starts. This is

Thank you so much for the information. I just called ircc, they said my eligibility still in process. I asked if they have reviewed my application since the first time in August. She said yes, however its still need to review.

Do you know what it usually mean after officer reviewed twice but eligibility still not pass?
My friends who applied in June with agent, got his Final letter two weeks ago. I am just worry if I missed some important informations at my submitted documents which makes them take longer to clarify.

Btw anyone AOR May have received request from IRCC for additional documents yet?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank you so much for the information. I just called ircc, they said my eligibility still in process. I asked if they have reviewed my application since the first time in August. She said yes, however its still need to review.

Do you know what it usually mean after officer reviewed twice but eligibility still not pass?
My friends who applied in June with agent, got his Final letter two weeks ago. I am just worry if I missed some important informations at my submitted documents which makes them take longer to clarify.

Btw anyone AOR May have received request from IRCC for additional documents yet?

Eligibility is done in 2 stages. To read on it see my previous post at #4,004

Each application is different and has different processing times. No point comparing.

PksLebaron

Nov 18, 2020
Hello everyone
i need your help

I have applied for my permanent residency under CEC (may 2020 single applicant) and my application is still under process (eligibility has been passed already but no progress after that)
I am going to get married this March coming month

Shes in India (outland)

so If My application still shows under process
Can i add my spouse in my application too after marriage

and we are in relationship for about 8 years now and we decided to do court marriage instead.

what could the scenario and how does it may have impact on my application?
its just too much delayed and I cant delay my marriage either so will it help my spouse too

how long the process will get delayed after and what kind of docs the ircc will ask for?
PLZ HELP
@legalfalcon

Yubsco

Star Member
Dec 12, 2020
Lagos Nigeria
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
NOC B
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
20-04-2020
AOR Received.
21-05-2020
Hello everyone
i need your help

I have applied for my permanent residency under CEC (may 2020 single applicant) and my application is still under process (eligibility has been passed already but no progress after that)

Shes in India (outland)

and we are in relationship for about 8 years now and we decided to do court marriage instead.

its just too much delayed and I cant delay my marriage either so will it help my spouse too

how long the process will get delayed after and what kind of docs the ircc will ask for?
PLZ HELP
@legalfalcon
I don't know much about this process but yes is possible to add your spouse. A friend of mine who's AOR is March got married December 2020 and added his wife to the application. The only downside is it will delay your process alittle cus your spouse has to submit med and biometrics and you know how long it takes to get Biometrics appointment. But at the long run is better and faster than a spousal visa. Best of luck!!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello everyone
i need your help

Shes in India (outland)

PLZ HELP
@legalfalcon

You can get married and it will have no impact on the process as such. However, if your family composition changes before your become a PR, then you have to inform IRCC and add your spouse to your application and submit the documents.

IRCC will send you some forms and ask for the following documents:

1. An IMM8 Application
2. Schedule A form for spouse
3. Additional Family Information form for primary applicant and spouse.
4. Fee receipt for spouse - Processing fee ($550) and right of permanent residence fee ($490).
5. Birth Certificate of spouse, translation, and affidavit of translation.
6. Copy of Spouse's Passport
7. Copy of marriage certificate and marriage registration
8. Wedding Card and Photographs
9. Police clearance certificate for the primary applicant and spouse
10. Spouse's upfront medical
11. Letter of Explanation (If required)

After your spouse's documents have been sent and medicals, criminal, and security admissibility is done, both you and your spouse will be issued COPRs.

This would increase the processing time which would be due to evaluating your spouse's documents.

See https://bit.ly/3lgYo2s

Reactions: amazonka and Yubsco

PksLebaron

Nov 18, 2020
Thankyou so much @legalfalcon I am planning to have court marriage so its not a traditional marriage because me and my partner decided to go this way!

Will the IRCC be ok with it ?
Everything is OK but I really dont want ircc to see this marriage in negative viewpoint bcoz its not traditional