+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*** May 2020 AOR - Join here ***

Afi365

Star Member
Jun 27, 2020
"We started processing applications received the week of August 12, 2020."

What does this mean? Please tell me they're not prioritizing August 12th and on.
They first said that they are working on the backlog but I think that August 12 means, the latest AOR they are working on is August 12.

Reactions: felix-m

Puttna03

Apr 25, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-09-2020
Med's Done....
04-11-2020
They first said that they are working on the backlog but I think that August 12 means, the latest AOR they are working on is August 12.
This timelines will be updated every week or bi weekly?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Will Inland PNP with canadian experience be included in this?
I hope so. But I doubt it because by CEC they refer to the stream not the actual experience and PNP is a different stream
Ask professional person. @legalfalcon thank you!

Under Express Entry there are following streams:

FSW
PNP
CEC
FST

The announcement as of January 19, 2020 about the processing is only for CEC and not PNP. Irrespective of whether your are inland or outland, PNP is PNP, IRCC doe snot classify applications as inland or outland.

Also FSW and PNP take the same time to process as per IRCC's last annual report for 2019.

How long did it take to process an Express Entry application?
Table 35 displays the time, in months, that IRCC took to process 80% of applications under each program. In 2019, IRCC did not meet the processing standard of finalizing 80% of all applications sourced via Express Entry within six months. The processing time for Express Entry, overall, was eight months. As an alternative measure of processing times, 60% of applications finalized in the 12-month period ending on December 31, 2019, were completed within the six-month service standard.

Table 35: Processing Times for Express Entry applications finalized by year and immigration category, in months
Program201720182019
Canadian Experience Class457
Federal Skilled Worker469
Provincial/Territorial Nominee669
Federal Skilled Trades6712
All Programs558
Source: CIC_EDW (MBR) as of January 3, 2020
Data is operational and as such should be considered preliminary and subject to change.

• Processing times refer to the time in which 80% of applications were finalized by IRCC. The processing time is measured from the day a complete application is received until the time a final decision is made by an immigration officer.

Reactions: shubham.mvp
Sep 16, 2020
I called a minute ago today. and the agent told me that the security is not started yet, and the criminality is still in progress. I cannot believe this. After 8 months and 4 days they just did not even started security, and I am losing my positions outside of Canada (Sweden and Denmark). I would not able to get such positions again (99.9%). I have job offer from other countries and do not know that I should live the Canada now or decline my offers (CEC, inland). If I leave Canada, then I do not know that I would able to come back again to Canada or not. What I have to do?????????????????????????????? I have lost my mind. I am jobless in Canada which is really not good for my career.
a jobless person supporting a big family, and now without money ,,,,please share your thoughts with me, and let me know if I leave Canada to take the job in Sweden what will happen to my application, and what documents IRCC will ask me to provide for my application for my permanent residency if I go to Sweden?
What about if I go to Iran at first to visit my family and then go to Sweden to start the job? what documents IRCC will ask me to provide if this was the case?

... AOR: 17 may

Last edited:
Reactions: nousername2020

OMK2810

Star Member
Mar 7, 2020
I called a minute ago today. and the agent told me that the security is not started yet, and the criminality is still in progress. I cannot believe this. After 8 months and 4 days they just did not even started security, and I am losing my positions outside of Canada (Sweden and Denmark). I would not able to get such positions again (99.9%). I have job offer from other countries and do not know that I should live the Canada now or decline my offers (CEC, inland). If I leave Canada, then I do not know that I would able to come back again to Canada or not. What I have to do?????????????????????????????? I have lost my mind. I am jobless in Canada which is really not good for my career.

... AOR: 17 may
Security check will be handled by third party.The status for security check will be either not started or passed and it can't be in progress, as per the information I read in forums. Chances are there that IRCC might have received your reports on Security .Once the IRCC officer opens our files, with in a day Criminality & Security can be cleared. Many of us are struck with this kind of status . Be positive and you will get copr soon. I am also May 17 AOR with status like Criminality in progress , Security - Not started .

Sep 16, 2020
Security check will be handled by third party.The status for security check will be either not started or passed and it can't be in progress, as per the information I read in forums. Chances are there that IRCC might have received your reports on Security .Once the IRCC officer opens our files, with in a day Criminality & Security can be cleared. Many of us are struck with this kind of status . Be positive and you will get copr soon. I am also May 17 AOR with status like Criminality in progress , Security - Not started .
Thank you for the response

harshitagulati03

Nov 10, 2017
Aor-May 6th
Rprf requested- 6th oct
Biometrics:-14th Oct updated next day
Vo:- ottawa office
Cec- inland toronto
Spoke to 3 agents till now since
everything passed just final decision pending since 25th

I don't understand what IRCC is doing?
They are giving ita approximately 10k/ month and no improvement in processing applications

frustration at peaks

anyone on same boat?
I'm in the same boat.

Aor-May 26th
Biometrics:-2nd Oct
Cec- inland toronto
Spoke to an agent and even contacted the MP of Etobicoke. They said everything is passed and only waiting for final decision. There's no red flags but can't give a timeline.
File is showing complete since November 27th.

I'm so frustrated

felix-m

Star Member
Jul 22, 2019
Earth
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
20-05-2020
Yeah i think this is what they actually mean