+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*** May 2020 AOR - Join here ***

xiaoxiao123

Oct 30, 2020
Exactly, I am not sure about that.. It does show completed on Oct 9th on my account

I told the agent that I did it back in October and that's when she told me that they do not have it in their system yet
I might face the same situation as you then :( my bio was submitted on Oct 15th
before that, when I called them, they said the only thing is in progress is criminality because they were waiting for my fingerprint

3 weeks ago, I called them again and criminality is still in process

Hopeful0403

Star Member
May 21, 2020
Did you get any update when they started/passed security? I think you should be happy about the passed security. Any progress in the application is a good news. I hope you'll get the CoPR soon! :)
I didn't get any update or ghost update. Only when I call IRCC they are able to let me know of the latest update.

Hopeful0403

Star Member
May 21, 2020
Kinda on the same boat.
My criminality has been in progress for a month, and my VO is Ottawa
ok. So will continue to wait, no other options anyways.
Looks like a lottery at this moment. And with application in Ottawa CPC, I would say odds are low of a quick turn around.

shubham.mvp

Dec 27, 2019
My AOR is April 02 under PNP. My WP will expire in late Feb 2021 which I have less than 4 months now. I haven't applied for BOWP yet by hoping the final decision is made soon.
I have a similar question. With the BOWP, can I leave my current job or work for another company while waiting for the PR approval? It seems it is already answered, but hard to decipher. I am asking because I want to leave my job now if I can.
If you are working on closed WP and apply for BOWP, you can not work for other company untill you get the BOWP.

Roopsekhon44

Star Member
May 22, 2020
Not sure, I asked about my background check and she said that she couldn't see all the details but that I didn't have anything to be worry about as I was eligible and they were just waiting for my biometrics to show up on their system
When I spoke with an agent, she told me she can see my biometrics (submitted on 22 Oct) but no agent has checked it yet which is why my security is in progress. My eligibility is passed. Just waiting for them to check my biometrics. So I think they do have your biometrics but again no one has checked it so far. All we can do is wait.
AOR - 3rd June

Zeph99

May 6, 2020
CEC Inland, CPC - Ottawa
AOR - 21 May
Medical Passed - 10 July
Bio Collection - 19 Oct

Called IRCC, 3 weeks ago and they said Security and Criminality have not started but eligibility is a pass.

Called today again and they said Security has also passed, now criminality is pending.

Not sure if I should be happy that there was progress in terms of security or should be concerned that Criminality is still pending so close to 100% completion date.

Anyone has any idea about how much time Criminality check may take?
i'm in a similar boat. AOR May 2nd.

my eligibility and security were passed on july 28. Infosharing was completed earlier and PCC checks were fine, so criminality was in progress pending biometrics. Gave bio on october 15th, and called every week since then, no update.

VO is ottawa, criminality still pending, and no one has touched my file since july 28th. No ghost updates or anything. It's super frustrating to see folks with later timelines get COPR and even have their PR card already.

xiaoxiao123

Oct 30, 2020
i'm in a similar boat. AOR May 2nd.

my eligibility and security were passed on july 28. Infosharing was completed earlier and PCC checks were fine, so criminality was in progress pending biometrics. Gave bio on october 15th, and called every week since then, no update.

VO is ottawa, criminality still pending, and no one has touched my file since july 28th. No ghost updates or anything. It's super frustrating to see folks with later timelines get COPR and even have their PR card already.
I submitted my Bio on Oct 15th too, and VO is Ottawa too
I just called them today and Criminality is in progress, Info sharing is in progress

Please let me know if you get any updates, thanks!

AMYAINDIA

Star Member
Dec 17, 2014
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
26-05-2020
Could you please let us know what was the number? I got the call as well but it was from the USA number. I am confused, it could be a scam ... Please share the details of your call from IRCC before CoPR.
What number did you get (when they called from US)?

alessio2110

Star Member
May 19, 2018
CEC Inland, CPC - Ottawa
AOR - 21 May
Medical Passed - 10 July
Bio Collection - 19 Oct

Called IRCC, 3 weeks ago and they said Security and Criminality have not started but eligibility is a pass.

Called today again and they said Security has also passed, now criminality is pending.

Not sure if I should be happy that there was progress in terms of security or should be concerned that Criminality is still pending so close to 100% completion date.

Anyone has any idea about how much time Criminality check may take?
Did you get any Ghost Update (except for the system glitch couple of days ago)?

AJ199101

Star Member
Feb 6, 2020
Anybody in the situation like me here ? My AOR is May 18th , Eligibility and medical are passed and since my dependants are outside Canada where the VFS has not opened yet they cannot give biometrics , the frustrating part is I have still not received the call for my Biometrics and I am at 100% mark and I have called IRCC they said everything is good we are just waiting biometrics as per the notes from VO and by the ways it is Sydney office.

Should I be ordering the GCMS notes now because I don’t know what is the hold up for me getting a call for Biometrics from SC . I am in North York in GTA Region

Hopeful0403

Star Member
May 21, 2020
Anybody in the situation like me here ? My AOR is May 18th , Eligibility and medical are passed and since my dependants are outside Canada where the VFS has not opened yet they cannot give biometrics , the frustrating part is I have still not received the call for my Biometrics and I am at 100% mark and I have called IRCC they said everything is good we are just waiting biometrics as per the notes from VO and by the ways it is Sydney office.

Should I be ordering the GCMS notes now because I don’t know what is the hold up for me getting a call for Biometrics from SC . I am in North York in GTA Region
GCMS note will take another month or so and will not give any indication about the call for Bio. Since you have already called IRCC, they must have verified your contact details. Without Bio, your security and criminality will also remain pending. Very frustrating, but not sure what other options you have apart from waiting and ensuring that you don't miss calls.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
My AOR is April 02 under PNP. My WP will expire in late Feb 2021 which I have less than 4 months now. I haven't applied for BOWP yet by hoping the final decision is made soon.
I have a similar question. With the BOWP, can I leave my current job or work for another company while waiting for the PR approval? It seems it is already answered, but hard to decipher. I am asking because I want to leave my job now if I can.

BOWP is not conditional on LIMIA or your employer. If you have less then 4 months remaining, then immediately apply for BOWP. Once you WP expires, you cannot work any longer.

With a BOPW, you can work for any employer.