+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*** May 2020 AOR - Join here ***

Nsingh7

Star Member
Aug 1, 2020
Thanks! After getting the BOWP, I think renewing the OHIP should be straightforward. My concern is that by 30th Dec my BOWP would not be completed and in worst case if my COPR doesn't come by then, it may cause problem in getting OHIP?
Yes, you can just update your status online for OHIP

dyllee

Jan 30, 2020
Yes, you can just update your status online for OHIP
I think this is false. If your status changes i.e. @Hopeful0403 gets their BOWP, this supercedes the current work permit, he has to go to one of the full suite offices of Service Canada (777 Bay St and others). Similarly if he gets CoPR because it's a change in their immigration status. AFAIK, you can only change your address/contact info online.

@Hopeful0403 they won't accept in-progress applications as valid documents. I know that there is a new addition for "applicants for permanent residence" but on 2 occasions (call and in-person) I asked if they could accept these documents they turned me away, might still be a policy thats very new and isn't familiar with Service Canada employees. They are sticklers for "hard copy" evidence, hopefully you'll get your CoPR soon but if you get the BOWP first (the actual document is necessary because it has a note that ensures you maintained your work status from your last work permit) make sure you get proof of full time work.

From OHIP site:
"This must be an original document (contract or letter) on employer company letterhead signed and dated by the employer and state:
  • that the employee is working full-time
  • the title/occupation of the position
  • that the employee will be working for the company within Ontario
  • the start date of employment, and
  • that the employer intends to employ the employee for a minimum of six (6) months (the letter can state the employee is permanent. However, this does not replace the criteria to confirm “Full Time”)"

AJ199101

Star Member
Feb 6, 2020
Anybody in GTA who is having AOR of may 18th still awaiting Biometrics? I am still awaiting biometrics call , not sure what is the hold up but it is frustrating.

arjun09

Dec 9, 2019
I got a webform response saying Eligibility requirements are passed and criminality verification is valid. Security is not started. How safe it is to assume I will eventually get PR some time later?. In other words, what are the chances of getting a denial at this point? I am a Indian citizen currently living in USA

AOR: May 22
FSW-PNP

Reactions: sm07

Kais767

Jun 22, 2013
AOR May 6
Medical June 30
Bio oct 22
Eligibilty recommended pass
Criminality pass
Security not started
Does anyone know how long it takes for security check? What does recommended pass mean?
Recommended pass means the analyst/assistant was satisfied that you met the eligibility requirements. The next step is for an officer to conclusively pass eligibility. Only then can security begin. If there's a long gap between recommended pass and passed, the application will be delayed as there's no way for security to start. Security is arguably the longest - can take anywhere from around a week to several long months.

OMK2810

Star Member
Mar 7, 2020
Anybody in GTA who is having AOR of may 18th still awaiting Biometrics? I am still awaiting biometrics call , not sure what is the hold up but it is frustrating.
Call IRCC and check your contact number . One of my friend was waiting long for the call and the biometrics call went to the lawyer on WP extension application.

OMK2810

Star Member
Mar 7, 2020
AOR May 8, 2020 inland. Bio done Oct 7, but Security not started yet. ( Just called IRCC agent). Anyone know how it works?
AOR May 17th , Eligibility passed in August end , Security not started yet & Criminality is in progress, Bio done on October 23rd . Not sure why they are not initiating Security check .No progress from almost 2 and half months.

manubirdi22

Oct 8, 2020
AOR may 08 2020,biometrics given on 23 October 2020 called ircc everything passed, agent said only biometrics need to be approved and has already been updated on ur profile.just waiting for copr now!

Blondebirdy

Oct 31, 2020
I am may 15 and received the call last week they said they are limited to the number of people that can call a day

sm07

Star Member
Sep 24, 2020
I got a webform response saying Eligibility requirements are passed and criminality verification is valid. Security is not started. How safe it is to assume I will eventually get PR some time later?. In other words, what are the chances of getting a denial at this point? I am a Indian citizen currently living in USA

AOR: May 22
FSW-PNP
MY AOR is May 20th and Applied from USA and an Indian Citizen. How long it may take to receive COPR? One and half month ago, I raised a webform and they answered that eligibility requirements are passed and criminality in progress. Security has not started yet. Please keep sharing updates.

AOR: 20th May
FSW-PNP
Medical : July 13th
Biometric: July 31st

RPRF: August 10th

gta88

Jun 30, 2018
May 6 AOR
CEC Inland.
No Biometrics call yet.
Crossed 100% timeline.
No one replying to GCMS or Webforms from last month. Any one in same boat:(